“Worse than apache junction” 1 of 5 stars

You added Stampede RV Park to your Saves list
Stampede RV Park
201 W. Allen Street, P.O. Box 1247, Tombstone, AZ 85638   |
Gilbert, Arizona
“Worse than apache junction”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I understand that it is mostly for RV's. But if you want to start normal lodging there, be a little more classy than single wide trailer park trash. My fiance and I made a reservation for the "honeymoon cabin", what a joke. It looked like a box on a frame and wheels. My master bedroom at home was bigger than this whole thing. We were told it was private and had a great view. YEAH RIGHT!!!!! Needless to say, we didn't stay there and I would advise no one else to either

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sue S, Owner at Stampede RV Park, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Upon checking in, (around 2pm) he loved it! She, on the other hand, I could see was not happy with it. She wanted more space and a larger bathroom. I offered her the "Family cabin" which is a "Park Model" with 2 bedrooms, lots of closet space and a very large bathroom.
She said she'd keep what they had. At 5pm they returned from town and said they had a family emergency and would not be able to stay would I refund their money. I did!
I think she expected the Hilton. This is Tombstone and we are western. Our rooms are very clean, with lovely linens private and the view from that particular cabin is fantastic! I know that we can't please everyone, but after only walking into the room for 10 minutes and not even staying, I think this review is very unfair.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Close to town
Untidy conditions
Very narrow sites
Would not recommend

• Stayed February 2012
Sue S, Owner at Stampede RV Park, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
These people stayed in their own RV and in one of our pull thru spots. Even though our pull through spots are narrower than our back in spots, they are more spacious than any other park's in Tombstone. Our restrooms are very clean and our showers are kept very clean with plenty of hot water. Since they stayed in their own rig, how can they give a review on our Bed & Breakfast?
We supplied them with free TV and WiFi at no extra charge. (I am told that we have the best WIFI reception of all RV parks in Tombstone)
Sedona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This was our first trip to Tombstone and we knew we wanted to stay somewhere more private. Most of the hotels had scetchy reviews so we opted to go w/ Stampede. For what we paid and from what we could tell from the rest of Tombstone our accomodations were very good. I have never stayed somewhere like this before so I really don't have a lot to compare it to. The cabin itself is basically what we expected. The bed was insanely comfortable! We ddin't want to get up in the morning! The hot water was gone in about 5 minutes (As I read in other reviews.) I can tell you if you aren't looking for anything fancy this is your place! If you "need" to get ready in the morning (longer hot shower, makeup, do your hair) like me you might be a little frustrated. The lighting is not the best, there is no sink in the bathroom, only the "kitchenette." But honestly, the convience of being right on Allen St, not being in a hotel, and having a complimentry breakfast out weighs any of the cons! Going back to the breakfast- OMG the breakfast!!! It was amazing! Their cook is actually a cook for Ft. Huachuca, so you know he has to be good! I had the waffle- so so so yummy!! Over all though, even though we only spent one night it was a great place to lay our head and would reccommend it!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Not only is Tombstone my Disney Land, but the Stampede is my definite home in Arizona. I am active duty Navy and was transferring from the Naval Academy in Annapolis Maryland to my new duty station in San Diego California. It was late, I called the Stampede, Sue answered the phone, and when I pulled in at about 9pm, she was there waiting in the office, directed me into my slip, and invited me to breakfast in the morning. I got settled down and turned in for the night. The next morning I met Moe over breakfast, biscuits and gravy and plenty of coffee to drink, got the gouge on where to go and what to see, what restaurants discounted your bill because you stayed at the Stampede with Moe and Sue. The facilities were clean, the hospitality was second to none! Moe and Sue, they'll see me again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
South Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed at Stampede as part of a 7 week cross country road trip. We originally picked this place out soley because it was in walking distance of all of Tombstone's attractions, an easy place to pitch our tent, get a shower (very nice shower rooms, and we saw a lot of them in 7 weeks), and then enjoy Tombstone. We got what we wanted in that regard, but what made this place special was the owners are great. They are involved in the local community and helped us plan our two days in Tombstone, pointing us toward some great spots that we would have otherwise missed. We had breakfast there as well, which they joined us for. The food and the company were both excellent, as were the Wyatt Earp pepper shakers.

If you're interested in such things, ask about the ghost in the building.

They've also hosted Boy Scout troops, if my troop was not from 2000 miles away, I would definately take them on a trip based out of Stampede.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

It was very close to town no need to drive to any attractions. We stayed in the small cabin which was cozy but hot water didnt last more than 5 min. Sue was very informative about the attractions. An homemade breakfast was excellent. I would recommend someone 2 stay there.

• Stayed March 2011
El Cajon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

We Love Tombstone its one of our favorite places to visit but this is our first visit to Stampede RV and we loved the owners and the homemade food was the best and the price was very reasonable fantastic hospitality we will definetly be back. Brad & Vicki

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Stampede RV Park? Share your experiences!