“WHy you came to Tombstone...” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #7 of 12 Attractions in Tombstone
Type: Historic Sites, Museums, Performances, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Actual site of the famous 1881 Gunfight at the O.K. Corral in Tombstone, AZ. Subject of numerous Hollywood movies. See Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday in daily reenactments. Stand where the legendary Gunfight began. Visit Doc Holliday's room. View over 100 photos of 1880s Tombstone and the Apache Geronimo taken by famous Tombstone photographer C.S. Fly. Open daily 9-5.
Pittsburgh
10 attraction reviews
“WHy you came to Tombstone...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I cannot imagine you would come and not stop here, great value your $10 adult fee gets you several other attractions, nice people, re-enactors were very good and friendly

Oceanside, California
“Very well done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a very pleasont experience at the OK corral. It was well thought out and played as a tragedy versus typical Hollywood Shootout. The actors were well versed in their roles and made the shootout educational. The education came with talking to the actors who took the time to explain what really happened. Thank you fro the great show and education.

Columbus, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
“Hoped for a little more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

As a fan of historical sites, I am pretty forgiving when it comes to re-creations/re-enactments. I really, really wish I was able to say that this was well done, but it was just adequate. The fellow who portrayed Doc Holliday was the best of the bunch, with the others quite enthusiastic about the performance but unable to carry off the "high drama." On the other hand, being at the actual site of the showdown made me more curious about the event and therefore, inclined to do some research of my own. I am glad to have made the trip to Tombstone, I just think that it was too touristy.

Fresno,Ca
6 attraction reviews
“MUST SEE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is NOT the stunt show you may have seen before. This is a presentation of history, told NOT from the Earp point of view. It gives the audience a chance to hear from the Clanton perspective. Although there are a few moment of levity, it is serious, educational, and at certain moments, poetic.

Visited December 2012
Sugar Hill, Georgia
“Truly interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The experience of the characters that we all know and love walking down such a famous street and into the area that was made famous by their gunfight was something I am glad I didn't miss. The tension builds from the yelling in the street to the "behind the scenes" in the Corral itself. We were in the back of the line and the Doc Holliday character kind of egged us on saying something to the effect that if we didn't hurry up that we would miss it. He said it in a tone that would fit the day and character he was portraying. Others may find it a bit rude or arrogant, but it fit the character and was refreshing. It was raining the day we saw the performance, but the actors and actresses still pulled it off.

The only regret I have is that I went out front after the performance to grab a quick cigarette and we missed the movie explaining the REAL story behind what happened there. So, if you are going and watching the performance be sure to go straight into the theater so you don't miss it.

Visited January 2012