“What a dump” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tolleson
ElPaso
“What a dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This motel is awful. The front desk night guy was rude, he was renting rooms by the hour, my room was filthy, the tv channels kept going out and the bed was uncomfortable. On the plus side I didn't even have to pee in my own toilet because someone already did that for me. This is a great business stay if your business is selling yourself but other than that I would have rather slept in my vehicle.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boise, Idaho, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

At best this place is seedy at worst dangerous. Drug deals in the parking lot. Not a place for a female alone. Neighborhood is pretty sketchy as well. Big truck parking is good but there are better for the price.

• Stayed April 2014
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My friend and I were in town for the weekend for work. After a trip from hell, we were finally able to find and check in to the hotel around 3am. The front desk clerk was snarky, and let us know that if we were any later our reservation would have been erased. Really? Its 3 am, was there a line at the door I missed of people waiting to stay here?
We proceeded to our room passed dirty stairways, mismatched filthy carpet and what seemed to be drug addicts in the lobby. Which by the way is a smoking bldg... gross.
There were no blankets on the bed, only 2 sheets, and 2 worn out towels.
The room was dirty, and mismatched. I'm really not sure where they are getting these photos for their website.

Needless to say, we found another place to stay for day 2.

• Stayed March 2014
Puebla, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed there due to the shrot distance to the AK CHIN PAVILLION where I went to attend a concert..it´s ok for a night..the faucet was licking al the time,they didn´t have a remote control then I called to let them know and they said there was no one available to take it to my room..so I went myself and the remote didn´t work,and I had to go again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jason P, General Manager at A Victory Inn Tolleson, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Hotel is under new management as of 12/2013. We are appreciative of the feedback that you gave, and will utilize it as we work to improve the guest experience at the A Victory Inn hotel.
Palm Springs, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We booked into this hotel, the pictures and description looked good on the internet. The price was quite low and it was Nascar weekend, they still had rooms left! We booked in, the desk staff were not friendly., the hotel smelled old, we went to our room on he first floor, the only room they had left. The window faced the parking lot, we had asked for a quiet room, but I guess they did not have any left. I immediately checked out the room, and noticed first thing there were no mattress covers on the beds, just sheets and they were not the type that tuck in on the bottom. The bedspread was old. I sat on the bed, it had 4 legs and knew that two of us could not sleep on this wobbly dirty bed, The room was dark and bedside lamps did not work. Small old bathroom. So quickly opened my laptop and found one room left at the Best Western next door, the price was double but at this time I did not care I just wanted out of this grungy dark room. We were able to get out money back as we had only been in the room for 15 minutes. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: you pay for what you get, don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Outside of several very friendly desk clerks, this place has nothing going for it. The carpets were dirty, my non-smoking single became a smoking double ("Sorry, nothing else available."), the window didn't close completely, there was noise in the halls all night, the lamps were not plugged in (had to move the TV cabinet), and Saturday there was no hot water until evening.
Why didn't I move? I could only cobble together one night here, two nights there, and at least one night sleeping in my rental car, which would have been more relaxing than the guy running in the halls at 3:30 AM pretending to be a rooster.
STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: The best room would be at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Glendale, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was given a room that had a broken bathtub faucet and the shower head flooded the bathroom floor. Between the maintenace man saying he was going to get parts to fix it and not showing back up and the desk clerk telling me, "Well if you want to take a shower you will need to move rooms all this while the maintenance was supposedly out getting parts and keeping in mind that this happening about 1230 at night. Finally after the third call to the desk clerk I guess I realized my only option was to move rooms, I had a presentation to do the next morning I had everything all set up and organized to revise it alarm set for the early start the next day. They were kind enough to give me another room which when I went to pick up the key there was the maintenace man. When I addressed them about this the response I was given was you got what you paid for.

Room Tip: I hope you have google earth on your laptop or a really good GPS system as the hotel sits way back o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tolleson
Premier Inns Tolleson
3.0 of 5 stars 41 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix West/Avondale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale

Been to A Victory Inn Tolleson? Share your experiences!