“Find somewhere else” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tolleson
Phoenix, Arizona
“Find somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I spent a week here recently. I wouldn't recommend it unless you really cannot find / afford anything else. It is small...no matter what the pictures look like believe me it is very small. They give you absolutely nothing unless you pay for housekeeping, not even a roll of toilet paper so bring everything with you or you will be shopping when you get there. Only 2 of the outlets worked, the internet hook up is next to the stove top and you need your own ethernet cable if you want internet in the room...there is no wifi unless you want to sit by the pool or in a chair in the lobby (something they don't tell you). All of the pipes under both kitchen and bathroom sinks are exposed...no cabinets....the bureau in my room was in the bathroom because the other room was too small. Only one person can sit at the table which also is where the TV is so there isn't any room there either. It's clean enough but if you plan on staying for more than a day or two it will wear on you really fast....oh and the people that live here full time are not the most savory bunch but they pretty much leave you alone.

Room Tip: First floor is noisy because of no insulation or sound proofing. Second floor is fine if you don...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was there with my family a two weeks ago for a family reunion.. The staff was really helpful and friendly and most important very professional.
I really felt like I was at my apartment complex back home very quiet and clean no roaches, also I hate cigarette smoke and I was told by the staff that they have one building to accommodate smokers and sure enough I smelled no smoke. I like to take night walks with my wife, and I felt really safe they have great security also I saw tolleson police driving around and of course I had to ask if there was something wrong I talked to the officer and he told me that the patrol out of courtesy since tolleson is a very small and peaceful little town plus they have a great relationship with the staff here. i though that was great and felt really safe ..I definitely recommend this place to everyone. Thank you everybody form legacy for this great experience.. micheal

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Carson City, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Staff: 1) amateurs, 2) admittedly understaffed
Your neighbors: recently released from jail or headed there soon.
Tolleson Police are there every day. Don't believe me? Ask them.
Noisy, rude human beings are the typical clientele here. Unbearable
to stay there between the staff and enough of your neighbors. Smoking
is mandatory, even in the nonsmoking building. What does a dirt sucking loser
do when they take a non-smoking room (and it is hot outside)? Hold the door open
and blow the smoke out to avoid crapping up the room and paying for it to be decontaminated.
So you walk through the smoke or have it come in your open window or AC unit.
There be roaches here. Live and the marijuana type. Losers actually put out their cigarettes
in the stucco walls. Classy. That and the garbage and the noisy vehicles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tolleson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Compared to other Extended Stay Hotels, the Legacy is AWESOME. I've read all the reviews, most I agree with however, with the following explanations: The Suites can be loud at times but if you call after hours security, they are right there As far as Marie M. the General Manager is concerned, she is stern, but fair. I recently had to pay a fee due to my own fault and I was heard, listened to and RESPECTED, which is all I wanted. The bottom line: This is a BUSINESS! Maintenance is FANTASTIC! They make sure that the facility stays clean and running. They do an AWESOME JOB! Everyone deserves a decent place to live! Do you have your derelicts at the Legacy, yep. Do they deal with them accordingly? Yep. Due to the economy, I've extended, EXTENDED my stay, but I feel safe here. When I moved here I had a problem with bugs which were taken care of immediately! I have not seen a bug since. I would recommend anyone who is transitioning, down on their luck or whatever to stay at the Legacy. If you mind your business, keep your room clean and don't make a lot of noise, then your stay here will be A, O-KAY! Thanks to all the Staff for what you do! I realize that keeping this place up to par is no small feat! BRAVO, Legacy Suites. I've provided a truthful review of this property. GOD Bless

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed there for 2 weeks, the stay was very nice and so was the staff in the end I was almost sorry to leave. I was explained everything very well,
entering the room it was clean and quiet. overall a great experience.
will definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tolleson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is to all the employees of Legacy Suites! Management, office staff, house keeping, grounds keepers, maintance, and of course the securtiy guards! Bravo!!!
Way to go...
You all have made my stay at Legacy Suites in Tolleson fantastic. I feel good here, safe and very much welcomed. Being welcomed as a guest is very, very important. And you have all done that very much in deed.
Oh ya did mention the Free COFFEE?????
Thanks a million.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was just staying over night and Upon arriving I did not realize untill I read my ittinerary that this was an extended stay and there office closed at 10:00pm, I was very worried that I was not going to be able to get into a room, but to my surprise on the door of the front office they leave a number and a note that says if you are a late checkin call the number, I called and a security came around the corner confirmed who I was and had me sign paper work and gave me a room key without a problem, the next morning I went in to the office to thank them for having all of my information ready for me even though I arrived late, they were very nice and had coffee in the office ready for guests this place was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Legacy Suites - Tolleson? Share your experiences!