“Entertainment Hub” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Gilbert, Arizona
“Entertainment Hub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I frequently attend events in around Tempe, and the location is just perfect. The rooms are modern and very clean. Being able to park there and use the courtesy shuttle is a huge bonus. Entertainers from nearby venues can occasionally be seen there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Janice R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We are always glad to here that a guest had a wonderful time, and that we are close to all the Downtown Tempe Restaurants and Nightlife.

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Great location for ASU and easy to find off the freeway. A couple of restaurants within close proximity too.

Not a bad hotel by any means but it's fairly tired and in need of a renovation - so you'll probably find small (possibly annoying) flaws. I can't say "don't stay here" and for a couple of nights it's probably fine. Longer than that...well, you might want to stay somewhere a bit more comfortable with fewer glitches. Example of the annoying stuff: hotel pool isn't really a pool, it's one short lane (think infinity pool); bathroom in my room and colleagues room next door both smelled heavily of smoke - possibly because of poorly placed vent (?); closed the bathroom door from the outside..which then locked itself so I couldn't get in. Small stuff but annoying nonetheless.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback we always appreciate a guest taking the time to let us know how we are doing!
As for the comment about our single lane lap pool, we do NOT advertise it as anything but a lap pool, if there were a better way to describe it we would love hear opinions.
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We've stayed at this location multiple times and have found it to be very pleasant. The location is key for the concerts we've attended at Marquee Theater or an evening out on Mill Ave. The most recent visit was following Pat's Run, prior to an evening out to the Improv. They allowed us to check our luggage at the desk so my friends and I could relax in the hot tub after our run & unwind until the room was available for check-in. The rooms have always been clean and in good repair, the staff pleasant and helpful. Additionally, we've found the shuttle service to & from the theater and the downtown area to be very beneficial! This is definitly our little Tempe area staycation spot!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very Much Debb!

The only thing better than hearing that a guest had an amazing time is, hearing a guest had an amazing time over and over again. We are so glad that you appreciate us, and our services.

As always, we appreciate your business and your feedback!
Corrales, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We traveled to Tempe to see a performance at the Marquee theater, a 1/2 mile away. The hotel is well located, a 1/2 mile from ASU and restaurants on S Mill Ave, adjacent to running trails on the Salt River/Town Lake, across the street from Starbucks, In-n-Out Burger, adjacent to a Denny's, and right off the 202. It is a 10 minute walk over the river to Sun Devil Stadium from here. There is nothing else next to the hotel other than what I mentioned but a lot a short drive away. The hotel itself is standard and nothing special, but clean. Smallish rooms and bathroom, dark carpet (which I don't like),and small windows. On the plus side, the room had a nice TV and large fridge and a very comfortable bed. It had a small workout room and a tiny lap pool. If you want a microbrew, 4 Peaks is less than a mile away and Harlows for breakfast is about the same. There are many restaurants in the S Mill area. Stay here for the location and reasonable price, not the hotel itself. I may stay here again because of the great location. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is not bad, just nothing above average.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Janice R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We always like to hear that our guests had a great stay!
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We cancelled our future reservation to return to this hotel in June because of our experience here this type. All we wanted was proximity and reasonable comfort for visiting ASU since our son is going there fall 2013. This property has obvious widespread issues with its key system. Every time we left our room we could not reenter without visiting the lobby for a new key. The manager said to me "you have that key issues face" -- really? Is it that much of a problem? While in our room, I heard two of our neighbors (same family in two adjoining rooms) fighting with the keys to their respective doors. One kept hitting his door when the key would not work. The other gave up and I heard her say she was going to the lobby for another key. That is just one issue. The main reason we are angry is the lack of any a/c. It is 86 degrees outside at 8:40pm. Our a/c unit on the first night - did not cool the room at all. As my son said -it is a placebo effect -- where just because it is running you think you will feel cooler. No. Not the case. Second night here a/c stopped working completely. When I called the front desk, I was told (at 8:15pm) that the maintenance fellow did not "work for him, but for the property" and he was not here at this time. He would return "at some point" and they would call us. We have another ASU appt in the morning and then have to drive home to another state. We did not want to be awakened. When I expressed extreme displeasure as to that happening he said, "don't be nice about it" and hung up on me. So, somehow it is the guest's fault when the manager experiences many irate customers because the property has many issues. When I asked for another room, we were told by the manager that he did not have a room for us. But the maintenance fellow told my son that there "may be" a room for us to move to. And he told my son - the issue with the a/c is a 'connectivity issue' and we should not play with the a/c -- so that is ALSO our fault - because I guess we cannot keep our hands off the a/c. Last issue (and yes there are 3) - is they charged my card the FIRST NIGHT we were here. Not the upon checkout. I will never return to this property. I never write reviews, but felt compelled to write this one, as I do read reviews. I think this property has many issues and the manager is one of them - no customer service here. It's put up or shut up. One last thing -- since the manager told us that the reason his hotel is here is because of ASU... well, when you leave ASU to return to the hotel - you cannot turn into it from Rural Road. You must go past the 202 Fwy. and find a place to turn around -- returning to the hotel from the north. Ridiculous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Janice R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to first start by saying thank you for staying with us. I never like to here that a guest not only had one issue, but a few. The key machine did fail to work on a busy Friday night, although we were able to issue a backup key on the following day. The air conditioner not working is a massive inconvenience, and we are sorry that you had to wait 25 minutes for someone to come up and fix it, luckily it was just a minor issue. As far a your card being charged up front, we do authorize a card for the stay and charge it when you check out.
The real issue is customer service, Please reach out to us, I would love the opportunity to speak with you on this matter and make it right.
Grants Pass, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed mid-March & could never get the room to a comfortable temperature (way to hot), even after several complaints & promises of service to the unit.

The proximity of the building's elevators to the swimming pool & excercise room leaves a powerful odor of chlorine & sweat in the elevators.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are never happy to hear a guest did not have a good stay with us. Our procedure for an air conditioner is to move a guest or getting it repaired as soon as possible. We would love the opportunity to discuss this issue in detail and make it right.
N.Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here as part of a large group. The hotel was clean. The staff were friendly. The room was clean, plenty of tv channels.
Breakfast was included, the breakfast had a good variety of hot and cold foods, such as cereal's, muffins, toast, eggs, sausages etc etc . The breakfast area is a little small, due to our large group leaving at once the breakfast area was overcrowded and didnt have enough seating or tables to cope. The breakfast room would be fine for smaller numbers.
Having arrived in the late evening I never noticed how close some things were until the next day. There are restaurants and coffee shops etc within walking distance.

All in all it was good and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Janice R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We are so very happy to hear you had a good stay! As always, thank you for choosing the Best Western Inn of Tempe.

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe? Share your experiences!