“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Barrie, Canada
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is an excellent hotel and convenient to the airport. Friendly staff and excellent rooms.
Would highly recommend. Close to restaurants and freeway. Excellent outdoor pool and very attractive entrance. We stayed here for three nights and enjoyed every minute of our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

great hotel, Great staff! Rooms were Nice, Clean , And big! Beds were comfy. Breakfast was GOOD!! Will definitly recommend this hotel. 5 Stars.
They have a business center with computers and Printer for guest to use.
Free wifi, I was able to connect my tablet and use it in my room. There was a fitness center very Nice And clean with fresh cold water. Pool and a jacuzzi ,Very clean and fresh clean towels outside. The lobby is absolutly beautiful, And Clean. Front desk staff greets you as soon as you walk in. Also staff was able to print out directions to near by restruants and stores.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GeneralMgr_CS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix, responded to this review, February 4, 2014

Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a pretty good hotel about 10 minutes or less (via the FREE shuttle) from Phoenix SkyHarbor Airport. There is a (free) telephone at the airport where you can phone the hotel to order the shuttle. Check-in is simple and the staff are courteous. There are 2 computers at the top of the stairs, with printers that actually work, unlike some hotels I've stayed in. The swimming pool is excellent and is clean and well maintained, as is the fitness suite. The only drawback to this hotel is the breakfast. Don't get me wrong its a decent breakfast, but there's something missing and I honestly can't put my finger on what it is. Perhaps its just the choice which I feel is maybe a bit limited. There is coffee available 24/7 in the breakfast area but staff need to check it regularly as I went a few times to get some and it was cold.
Overall this is a pretty good hotel at a very reasonable price and I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Show Low, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed her on Wed, July 17-18. The place was very clean, very nice, and the staff was friendly and courteous. The breakfast was good, the room was spacious and the amenities were plentiful. The fridge, micro and coffee maker made our stay more like home. We were very impressed with this place in comparison to a few others we've stayed at recently. We thought it was very well maintained and quite luxurious, also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had a terrible stay here. I drove all day with my friend visiting from Austria to this hotel. Her plane left at 11 that night and I was going to stay the night at the motel. I expected that we could go out to dinner and she could take the shuttle to the airport from the hotel. The front desk lady said she could not take the shuttle since we didn't notify her 24 hrs in advance of needing the shuttle. There were no exceptions she said. I told her the reason I selected this motel was so my friend could take the shuttle. She did not care. Then the door entry was broken to my room and she would not reassign me another room as I requested, instead she said I had to keep trying it. The third time I went back to the front desk, she sent a man with me to assist in opening the door. On the fifth or sixth try he got it to open and left. I had much trouble getting it to work each time I needed to get in. I will not stay here again, ever.

• Stayed June 2013
Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Our stay in Tempe at this hotel was one of the BEST in our recent travels from Escondido, California to Trinidad, Colorado and RETURN to our home. We have been members of Comfort Inns for several years now and have not changed hotels because MOST OF THE TIME we have been completely satisfied, not only with the room, but with the fine breakfast that is served.

We will continue to travel later this month and into June - from Escondido, CA to Idaho Falls, Idaho, and back home. Our family lives in Colorado, Idaho, and Minnesota! Lots of grand-
children and GREAT Grandchildren to watch as they grow into adulthood.

We are very fond of the "suites" which add a "luxurious" touch to our stay.

Thank you so very much.

Carrol D. and Shirley Watson.

Room Tip: Stay away from train service. Enjoy the breakfast as you not only enjoy the food but often meet tra...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were in a top floor room and very pleased with the cleanliness and the comfort of the 'suite.' Our room had 2 queen beds, sofa and chair and didn't feel cramped. We enjoyed their hot breakfast and Happy Hour food. When we checked in, there were fresh cookies available at the desk. Friendly and helpful staff. Close to airport...though it can be a little tricky getting off on the right exit if you are returning a rental car. Leave early!

Room Tip: Top floor away from elevators...very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix? Share your experiences!