“Decent hotel and good value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Decent hotel and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a pretty good hotel about 10 minutes or less (via the FREE shuttle) from Phoenix SkyHarbor Airport. There is a (free) telephone at the airport where you can phone the hotel to order the shuttle. Check-in is simple and the staff are courteous. There are 2 computers at the top of the stairs, with printers that actually work, unlike some hotels I've stayed in. The swimming pool is excellent and is clean and well maintained, as is the fitness suite. The only drawback to this hotel is the breakfast. Don't get me wrong its a decent breakfast, but there's something missing and I honestly can't put my finger on what it is. Perhaps its just the choice which I feel is maybe a bit limited. There is coffee available 24/7 in the breakfast area but staff need to check it regularly as I went a few times to get some and it was cold.
Overall this is a pretty good hotel at a very reasonable price and I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Show Low, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed her on Wed, July 17-18. The place was very clean, very nice, and the staff was friendly and courteous. The breakfast was good, the room was spacious and the amenities were plentiful. The fridge, micro and coffee maker made our stay more like home. We were very impressed with this place in comparison to a few others we've stayed at recently. We thought it was very well maintained and quite luxurious, also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had a terrible stay here. I drove all day with my friend visiting from Austria to this hotel. Her plane left at 11 that night and I was going to stay the night at the motel. I expected that we could go out to dinner and she could take the shuttle to the airport from the hotel. The front desk lady said she could not take the shuttle since we didn't notify her 24 hrs in advance of needing the shuttle. There were no exceptions she said. I told her the reason I selected this motel was so my friend could take the shuttle. She did not care. Then the door entry was broken to my room and she would not reassign me another room as I requested, instead she said I had to keep trying it. The third time I went back to the front desk, she sent a man with me to assist in opening the door. On the fifth or sixth try he got it to open and left. I had much trouble getting it to work each time I needed to get in. I will not stay here again, ever.

• Stayed June 2013
Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Our stay in Tempe at this hotel was one of the BEST in our recent travels from Escondido, California to Trinidad, Colorado and RETURN to our home. We have been members of Comfort Inns for several years now and have not changed hotels because MOST OF THE TIME we have been completely satisfied, not only with the room, but with the fine breakfast that is served.

We will continue to travel later this month and into June - from Escondido, CA to Idaho Falls, Idaho, and back home. Our family lives in Colorado, Idaho, and Minnesota! Lots of grand-
children and GREAT Grandchildren to watch as they grow into adulthood.

We are very fond of the "suites" which add a "luxurious" touch to our stay.

Thank you so very much.

Carrol D. and Shirley Watson.

Room Tip: Stay away from train service. Enjoy the breakfast as you not only enjoy the food but often meet tra...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were in a top floor room and very pleased with the cleanliness and the comfort of the 'suite.' Our room had 2 queen beds, sofa and chair and didn't feel cramped. We enjoyed their hot breakfast and Happy Hour food. When we checked in, there were fresh cookies available at the desk. Friendly and helpful staff. Close to airport...though it can be a little tricky getting off on the right exit if you are returning a rental car. Leave early!

Room Tip: Top floor away from elevators...very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Clean rooms, excellent service, maid personnel were eager to clean, the pool was perfect and the afternoon food was welcome :). They had prepared to-go breakfast bags for travelers leaving before breakfast was set out...a nice touch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I got stranded at PHX overnight.
Got reservation easily by phone and they sent shuttle to pick me up at the airport.
Nice place. Nice people. 4:15 AM shuttle back to airport on time and friendly.
Recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GeneralMgr_CS, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Been to Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix? Share your experiences!