“In a rush” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
El Paso, Texas
“In a rush”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Last minute had to re-route my flights due to snow in Kentucky and called the hotel and they took me in. Great service picked me up at the airport (did not have to wait long) everything was in order when I checked in, offered to give me a wake up call so I could catch that early flight to KY., great location and excellent service. Recommend it to anyone traveling or just want to spend a nice spring break, or family fun. Rooms were very clean, etc.

Room Tip: I like to stay near the elevator, no worries the elevators are quiet
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Florence, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hubby and I stayed for a one night getaway. The hotel was perfectly located for visiting downtown Tempe and Mill Street in particular. As others have mentioned, the staff at this hotel are fantastic. From check-in to check-out we were treated as welcome and honored guests. We had one small issue and the manager himself contacted us to make sure everything was OK.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
We are happy to learn how our team made your stay fantastic! With our exciting neighborhood filled with restaurants and shopping, there is much to enjoy all within walking distance. We look forward to your return!
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We are back home to -2 degrees and reflecting on our trip to Arizona.. We not only remeber the nice weather and great location of this hotel but we talk about the GREAT SERVICE..The staff and the names i remember are Christy,Jeremy, Kevin ,Rebecca and all the others who work there made us feel like FAMILY. We felt at home because when we walked in the door the desk people greeted us with either a smile or nod acknowledging that we were back, the van dirvers gave us great suggestions of what to do and see in the area and the staff at the resturant made sure we enjoyed our breakfast or drink. We golf and enjoy going out to dinner. This place makes it all happen .We could stay at some of the other hotels in the area but we prefer THIS ONE..

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
James O, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for recognizing Christy, Jeremy, Kevin and Rebecca. We are very lucky to have valued associates like them. Visit us again and we will be here to make it a memorable experience.
Pine Mountain, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here on a business trip to ASU. They have complimentary transportation to/from PHX airport every half hour, and Jeremy in guest services was especially helpful. All the staff here are very friendly. I asked for a quiet room because I was working, and the lady at the front desk (wish I had written down her name) picked the perfect place, even though I was checking in early. One morning I was running late for a meeting and the lady van driver (sorry! Wish I'd written down your name) drove me to ASU so I wouldn't be late. The hotel has a restaurant that serves Starbuck's coffee and a variety of hot and cold breakfast options from 6-10am. In the evening, from 5-10, both the bar and restaurant are open. I mostly used the restaurant for breakfast so I could eat in my room while I worked. The location is just a few hundred yards from Mill Ave with all its restaurants and shops, and many good places to eat are within walking distance. I'll definitely stay at this hotel when I come to Tempe again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the courtyard. The view is extremely pleasant and you can't hear cons...
Green Features: Sheet and Towel conservation options in place. recycling of plastic & paper is standard.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
The very best compliment we can receive is that you plan to return based on our great team and hotel ammenities! Thank you for the pat on the back for our team who love to exceed our guests' expectations!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great location in Tempe and Manager Lourdes Gonzales is very attentive to customer satusfaction. Hotel is in easy walking distance of light rail at Mill Street and very close to all restaurants in Downtown Tempe.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for acknowledging our great team and Lourdes who is an exceptional Marriott manager. Our location is perfect for getting around in Tempe and with the lighttrail plus hotel shuttle, guests have easy access to places of interest.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Have stayed here twice now on business as a Silver member. The location is best thing about this hotel. Very short walk to main strip with all the restaurants and bars. They do charge for parking and spaces are limited. If they run out you will have to park in the nearby garage.

The staff I have talked with are all very friendly and really seem to want to help. Not the fake stuff.

Hotel is very clean as are the rooms. They have large flat screen TV with plenty of channels. The AC is a window unit so can be a bit loud. The bathrooms are nice and large with the standard courtyard amenities.

Wifi is good and strong in the rooms and free.

The beds are comfortable but they really could do more to put some better sheets and a comforter on the the beds. Feel a bit cheap for the prices you pay there.

Did not use the restaurant at all as there is so much nearby.

This is a preferred location if I am in the area again for business as it is very close to my office so will stay here again when back.

Do want to mention again how friendly the staff have been. Thanks

Room Tip: get a room facing the courtyard in the center of the hotel. Some rooms on west side face a new park...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your continued business as a Silver Member of our Medallion Program and for your observations of the hotel and its amenities! Also thanks for the pat on the back for our friendly team! We do look forward to your return!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently stayed at the hotel while attending the Super Bowl. The hotel is what you would expect out of a Courtyard Marriot - nothing overly fancy but generally clean and comfortable. The price was a bit high (but that was mostly attributable to the Super Bowl, I suspect) and the walls a bit thin (I could hear every word of a conversation the person in the next room was having), but nothing that caused too much trouble.

It is quite convenient to the airport and there are several restaurants/pubs within walking distance to the hotel. The staff was pleasant and accommodating (including permitting an extended stay when our flight was cancelled). Overall, it is nothing write home about, but for the type of guest they are seeking to attract, they do a nice job.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
James O, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the outstanding praise for our hotel and excellent staff. As our guest your comments are extremely important to us. Super Bowl was an exciting time in the greater Phoenix area including our Tempe location. We look forward to your next visit and will continue to provide a great hotel with great service!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown? Share your experiences!