“Quick trip, great location.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
“Quick trip, great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I arrived at Phoenix airport and called the hotel for pick up. The gal at the desk was very friendly and gave great directions where to get van pick up. Rebeca was my van driver and she was great! Every question I had, she answered. Very professional. I knew where I was going to dinner and where I needed to get overnight items before I got to the hotel. Thanks to her. When I arrives at the hotel, I was greeted by the same gal who I spoke to on the phone. I believe her name was Stephanie. Very smooth check in, again all my questions were answerwed. Although, I didn't park a car, there is an $8 dollar fee, which isn't too bad. My room was pretty decent. The WiFi could be better. I didn't eat at the restaurant in the hotel but their menu looked rather good. The gentleman at the bar was friendly. Location wise, this hotel was perfect. So many restaurant and bars. Because of the short trip, I wasn't able to check as much as I wanted out. I will surely be back. Overall, the hotel was good and every staff member I came in contact with was friendly and professional.

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while we were visiting to do the Rock'n'Roll races. Check in was quick and we were able to get the perfect room to suit our needs. I requested a refrigerator and it was delivered within minutes of my check in. Indy at the desk was wonderful, she suggested several places to eat and they were all fantastic. If we had a question or needed anything it was taken care of immediately. We were on the road side of the hotel, and while there was some noise, it was minimal. All in all this was a great place to stay, near the start and finish lines of the races, great service and a good value. We will be staying here again next year when we visit Arizona again to do the races.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 4 days ago
We all are pleased you found the hotel perfect for your stay and a good value too! We enjoy the energy in the hotel during the marathon every year! Indy is a valued associate and inspires the team to provide excellent service to every guest every day. We look forward to your visit next January!
Sedona, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for one night before the Rock'n'Roll Arizona marathon. I requested a QUIET room, but we were told lots of the marathoners checked the night before, therefore, only the rooms facing the street and the light train were available. I requested a fridge in the room, but it was not there, we had to ask for it again and the woman was not sure if they "still have any" 9they did). The room's window did not open and it did not have any balcony or patio (some have the balcony or a patio, make sure to request this). The room fan is really noisy and sort of blows into your face while you try to sleep (we turned it off as a result, which is maybe OK in January, but not in the hotter months). We were shown to use an overflow parking in a nearby residential tower, as their own lot was full. The staff was very polite, though, and when we came back after the marathon, the very nice receptionist allowed us to get to the public restroom and change there for our drive back home to Sedona (which is REALLY appreciated, THANK YOU!!!). Overall, I will be back because this hotel is situated the next door to the race venue, but I was not impressed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the main street and the light train and with a patio or a balcony, as not...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
The Marathon is an exciting time in the city of Tempe every year! We are pleased you found our team to be polite and accommodating during your stay! My sincere apologies for not being able to honor your requests due to this busy time. We trust your Marathon experience was a positive one and hope to see you on another visit to the Valley of the Sun.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is comfortable and clean and the service is great. The best part of our stay was the service Tyler gave us in the restaurant. He was the cook, waiter, bartender and cashier and a host. He was so friendly and kind that we decided to to eat there a second night. No matter how busy things got, he served people with a smile. Not once did he forget anything we ordered and the food and drinks we ordered were yummy.

I can honestly say I have never encountered a nicer employee at any hotel I have stayed at. If he reads this, thank you for making my stay great. You are an awesome person.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
We love our hotel and are pleased it shows! Thanks for recognizing Tyler who exemplifies a happy associate who enjoys his job! I am proud to show him your review and give him another pat on the back. We do look forward to seeing you again!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed at this hotel in Downtown Tempe over the holiday season to visit my kids at ASU. The hotel is remarkably close to ASU (walking was possible if needed) and immediately next to Mill Avenue. Regarding the rooms, they are not exceptional, but the rooms certainly do the job and the beds are on the "good" side as far as hotel arrangements go. The only issue was that you could hear the neighboring construction at times, but that is certainly only a temporary issue and not really within the staff's control. Overall, the staff at the hotel really made the biggest difference for the trip! Their shuttle service with Kristy and Jeremy will take you to/pick you up from the airport and neighboring restaurants if you call ahead. They had good recommendations on restaurants in the area which was nice. If you are ever up late past the closing times of restaurants like we were, the hotel has a quick restaurant downstairs in the lobby. If you're lucky, Kevin will be there to take good care of you! The front desk folks are friendly and attentive too, and Elizabeth did her part to help my family out with room arrangements and requests and answer questions about ASU and Tempe. I didn't use many of the hotel's other amenities, but I did see that it had a computer lounge, outdoor pool, and gym space. The next time we travel back to ASU we will certainly look to stay here again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for letting our team know they are great at their jobs by recognizing them by name in your review! We are passionate about our guests and providing suggestions on getting around our city! Our location does give access to some great restaurants and activities and we also have a Go Board to provide maps and suggestions too! Please visit again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently traveled to Tempe, AZ on business for 2 months. I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Tempe. The location is perfect, you don't even need a car! There are several good restaurants (try Rula Bula and Gordon Beirsh) and shopping within a 1 mile radius (including a CVS for necessities). Also, the hotel has a shuttle van that will take you wherever you want to go within 5 miles for free (don't forget to tip!) If you are lucky, you will get Christy as your driver. The food was surprisingly good and they have a decent selection of adult beverages. Tyler or Kevin will take good care of you! Super friendly guys! The lounge area is well decorated and extremely comfortable, almost like home. They have computers and printers for the busy traveler. At the front desk, Indy or Rebecca always greeted me with a smile and friendly conversation when I walked through the door. They will help you with anything you need from a restaurant recommendation to scheduling a cab for you. The gym facility was small but adequate. The equipment is good quality. There are laundry facilities onsite as well. I didn't try out the pool or hot tub but I think the pool is heated and always looked pristine. My housekeeper was Joyce...just a delight of a woman. I enjoyed chatting with her during my stay. She always had a smile and did a great job (don't forget to tip!)
I had a small billing error during my stay and the general manager handled it personally and even wrote a personalized letter to address the situation. I feel it was handled easily and perfectly.
While there, check out the Grand Canyon (pics don't do it justice at all!), Sedonia and Flagstaff. I'm sure I will travel back to Tempe on business or pleasure and plan to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott again.
Thank you for making my time away from home so comfortable!

Room Tip: I preferred a room not overlooking the pool, it seemed quieter at night.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Our team strives to exceed expectations and it appears they were successful! Thank you for recognizing them by name in your review! You captured the essence of our hotel in the center of Tempe! Arizona is a year around state with beautiful natural beauty plus many options for being active with sports venues of all types. Literally, something for everyone! Please visit again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The staff was friendly, helped us with finding places to eat, rooms were clean and comfortable. It was within walking distance of mill ave and ASU. Overall very nice experience and I would recommend to stay at this location. Only minor complaint was that the rooms facing the road offer no sound protection against the yells and honks of late night mill ave

• Stayed January 2015
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are very pleased you found the team to be friendly and helpful plus able to provide great restaurant choices! We strive every day to continue to have guests experience a clean and comfortable environment. Thanks for letting others know of our great location in the heart of Tempe and within walking distance to restaurants that satisfy all types of tastes, plus ASU is also nearby. We look forward to your return!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown? Share your experiences!