“Very close to light rail to downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Austin, Texas, USA
“Very close to light rail to downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Very comfortable hotel with great service and a courtesy airport shuttle. I arrived very late into the night and the overnight rep was very polite.
And only a few blocks' walk to the light rail station. Next time I probably will skip having a rental car- also because there is an $8/day parking charge.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
How great it is to learn that your stay was both comfortable and you found the service to be great! We are proud of our team and happy you were impressed! Not only do we have a complimentary shuttle, there is the light rail station nearby for trips to and from the airport! With much of Tempe within walking distance, a car can be optional for our guests! Please visit again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel to Tempe for work quite often and stay at the Courtyard while there. I have never had a bad experience, the rooms and public areas are always clean but the staff is what makes this hotel excellent.

I often request an early check in and the front desk staff has never disappointed.

The shuttle service provided by Jeremy and Rebecca is always timely and they are super polite no matter what time of day I use the shuttle.

Kevin and Tyler at the Bistro are excellent from preparing my meal to talking about the evenings sporting events.

I highly recommend thus hotel, property and location are great, but the staff makes it!

• Stayed December 2014
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you sincerely for recognizing our team for their efforts to welcome you and all our guests. They enjoy meeting our guests and helping them have a wonderful experience from check in to check out and everything in between! From the housekeeping team who keeps everything clean to the Bistro team who prepares delicious and creative meals and to the front desk team and van drivers, we are grateful for their commitment to our guests!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been staying here ( Courtyard Marriott Tempe Downtown) for the past 5+ years the rooms are clean, neat, comfortable. The Staff is beyond excellent, Elizabeth, Jeremy, Kevin, Cristy, Lindi, Susan, Rebecca, & Lourdes, have become an extended family. I stay here because I have business and even stay for personnel visits. It is central to Mill, ASU Stadium, and campus. When I arrive at Sky Harbor (PHX), they are prompt and no matter when I arrive they go the extra mile to get me in to my room. Honestly I can not remember a single visit that did not meet my needs. I have stayed at many, many Marriott s and Tempe Courtyard is by far the best. Jim and his staff are a rare and well run operation. Thank you, I appreciate all their efforts.

Room Tip: If possible get a courtyard room on the first floor, overlooks the pool and patio is a nice addition...
Green Features: The rooms are well maintained and I stay 2-5 nights on average 10-15 times a year. Housekeeping (Veronica) is always helpful.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Your review defines the term hospitality! It is wonderful to have guests who return over and over again! We think of you as our family as well! Thanks for the pat on the back for our great team! They are passionate about our guests whether their first visit or 100th! We will all be here to welcome you back in the future!
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My flight landed after 10, and I wanted something close by. I chose this hotel based on previous TripAdvisor ratings and was not disappointed.
While there was a charge for the parking, I was grateful that the front desk waived it, particularly as I arrived close to midnight and was only staying one night.
The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
We are pleased you found your room both clean and comfortable and that we met your expectations. Our reputation on social media has aided many guests in their choice for a great hotel in the Tempe area. Thanks for letting others know of your stay!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times. We average about 5 stays a year for various reasons. We have always been treated very well by everyone on the staff. They are all very willing to grant any requests we might have and are all always friendly and helpful. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone staying overnight in or near Tempe.

Room Tip: room overlooking the courtyard with a balcony or a patio
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
As regular guests, your recommendation to others has much merit! We are pleased you come back to enjoy our Courtyard and great staff! On behalf of the staff and Marriott, we send our sincere thanks for your loyalty!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I travel often for work, so this property feels a bit like a home away from home. Great service and a friendly staff that clearly go out of their way to make me feel welcome, and always make sure I have what I need.

After a long day of work, I'll usually enjoy dinner at one of the many great restaurants on Mill Avenue, and stop into the Bistro for a drink. Kevin does a great job playing host, and really knows the area - I know to always trust his recommendations for restaurants, or for what is good at the Bistro.

Jeremy and Christy are always on-time with the shuttle service - it's great to be able to leave my bag at the front desk and know that everything will be ready to go when I get back from visiting clients and have to get to the airport.

I always chose this location when traveling for business, and am looking forward to cashing in some of my Marriott points to bring my family here!

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for recognizing our friendly team! They will be pleased to know how they make a difference to your time with us as they are all passionate about providing guests with the information and guidance required for every guest. You mention Jeremy, Kevin and Christy be name and I will be hapoy to pass along your comments. Also the fact that you will bring your family says a lot for the success of your business visits. Phoenix has so many great attractions and venues to enjoy and we will have all the information you need to make the most of your family vacation. We look forward to your return!
Kings Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was a great experience, thanks to the very beginning of being picked up at the airport by Christy, she went out of her way to show me the spots i was looking for in Tempe, The front desk gals Stephanie and Indy are awesome, I bothered them constantly and they delivered every time. My trip ended with the best Guest services employee, Jeremy who was patient and understanding of our needs and created a great ending of our trip. I will be back, Thank You

Room Tip: we were on the bottom floor, I could walk right out to the courtyard and pool/hot tub so i really lo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
You gave us two wonderful compliments! Saying that you will return in the future is the very best thing we can hear! Adding to that the great experience you had with our team on many levels, that takes your comments over-the-top! Thank you very much for being our guest!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown? Share your experiences!