“Nice hotel, close to the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Brooklyn
“Nice hotel, close to the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My flight landed after 10, and I wanted something close by. I chose this hotel based on previous TripAdvisor ratings and was not disappointed.
While there was a charge for the parking, I was grateful that the front desk waived it, particularly as I arrived close to midnight and was only staying one night.
The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times. We average about 5 stays a year for various reasons. We have always been treated very well by everyone on the staff. They are all very willing to grant any requests we might have and are all always friendly and helpful. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone staying overnight in or near Tempe.

Room Tip: room overlooking the courtyard with a balcony or a patio
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, yesterday
As regular guests, your recommendation to others has much merit! We are pleased you come back to enjoy our Courtyard and great staff! On behalf of the staff and Marriott, we send our sincere thanks for your loyalty!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I travel often for work, so this property feels a bit like a home away from home. Great service and a friendly staff that clearly go out of their way to make me feel welcome, and always make sure I have what I need.

After a long day of work, I'll usually enjoy dinner at one of the many great restaurants on Mill Avenue, and stop into the Bistro for a drink. Kevin does a great job playing host, and really knows the area - I know to always trust his recommendations for restaurants, or for what is good at the Bistro.

Jeremy and Christy are always on-time with the shuttle service - it's great to be able to leave my bag at the front desk and know that everything will be ready to go when I get back from visiting clients and have to get to the airport.

I always chose this location when traveling for business, and am looking forward to cashing in some of my Marriott points to bring my family here!

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thanks for recognizing our friendly team! They will be pleased to know how they make a difference to your time with us as they are all passionate about providing guests with the information and guidance required for every guest. You mention Jeremy, Kevin and Christy be name and I will be hapoy to pass along your comments. Also the fact that you will bring your family says a lot for the success of your business visits. Phoenix has so many great attractions and venues to enjoy and we will have all the information you need to make the most of your family vacation. We look forward to your return!
Kings Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel was a great experience, thanks to the very beginning of being picked up at the airport by Christy, she went out of her way to show me the spots i was looking for in Tempe, The front desk gals Stephanie and Indy are awesome, I bothered them constantly and they delivered every time. My trip ended with the best Guest services employee, Jeremy who was patient and understanding of our needs and created a great ending of our trip. I will be back, Thank You

Room Tip: we were on the bottom floor, I could walk right out to the courtyard and pool/hot tub so i really lo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
You gave us two wonderful compliments! Saying that you will return in the future is the very best thing we can hear! Adding to that the great experience you had with our team on many levels, that takes your comments over-the-top! Thank you very much for being our guest!
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm here because my husband has to participate in the Muster at Sun Devils Stadium. The rates are.. ok, if you use your military discount. Since there are things going on at the time of the Muster, like the arts festival, the prices started at $199 a night. With the military discount we paid $106, or $121 after taxes plus an $8 parking fee. So the prices are alright, but the location is awesome. We were able to walk to the stadium and not have to worry about parking. There are a ton of restaurants around to try out, and it seems like a very good selection of different foods too.
Checking in late, I had to stand at the front desk for 10 min before someone came to help, so there isn't anyone standing there waiting to greet you like most hotels I'm used to. After I finally got the keys and got to the room, it smelt like smoke. The rooms are supposed to be smoke free, so I'm not sure what was going on there, but it dissipated quickly. The shower is nice, the water stream is strong but not too strong and you can move the shower head a bit, so easy adjustment. There's no mini-fridge, or at least not in our room, which was 1 king size bed and a couch that turns into a bed.
There parking lot is very small, we were lucky enough to find one at the time we arrived, but if you cannot find one then you must go to the front desk and have them tell you where their parking garage is. They have a restaurant at the hotel, which we didn't have time to try out, but I read the mini menu in our room, and what I read sounded good. There's also starbucks...or they serve starbucks, but it said grande size only.
Overall it was a nice stay, the bed was pretty comfy, and the hotel was in a very convenient place for us. I would stay here again and I definitely recommend if you want to be close to the stadium or anything else downtown.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Our location is such a big draw for our guests and we are happy you also enjoyed a comfortable night's sleep! Thank you for recommending our Courtyard to others! When you return do try the Bistro which does serve creative and delicious options plus those famous Starbucks drinks. For other meal options, guests can walk in the downtown area to find exceptional restaurants!
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed one night. Hotel is older and rooms are dated with upgrades that still show the age. Small parking area and you pay to park $8. If you want to be downtown Tempe this is perfect. I could have stayed a few miles away and saved parking fee and gotten a free breakfast elsewhere. Marriott Courtyards don't provide free breakfast or free coffee in lobby. Room did have small coffee unit but no creamer. Had king room which was small and overlooked parking and construction of building next door. TV selection had very limited channels.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your review and for letting others know about our great locations in downtown Tempe. This allows guests to walk to many venues on Mill Avenue as well as the ASU campus activities. We will be reviewing your comments and passing them along to determine how to keep improving. We hope to see you in the future!
Eastern US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is convenient to ASU and the mission st. area and is clean and comfortable but showing its age in terms of furnishings and very soft mattresses. The staff are the standout -- extremely helpful and friendly (including Jeremy). The only issue I had with the stay was that I tried calling the hotel to arrange for an airport pickup and could not get an answer for over 10 minutes, so I took a taxi to the hotel instead ($16 taxi fare).

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
We are pleased you found the hotel both clean and comfortable and for the pat on the back for Jeremy! He is passionate about taking care of our guests and we are proud to have him on our team. Thanks for the heads up on the shuttle and I apoligize for the inconvenience we caused you.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown? Share your experiences!