“"Great location! Excellent shuttle service!"” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Tempe
“"Great location! Excellent shuttle service!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times. It is the perfect location if you are doing Ironman Arizona or SOMA 70.3. Walking distance to Tempe Town Lake.

This time, we had such outstanding service from Jeremy in guest services. We were doing a 1/2 ironman and he drove us to our massage appointment and picked us up. After the race when our door key didn't work and we were just too tired to go back to the desk, he brought us new keys. Then, he dropped us at our "celebration dinner" at Gordon Biersch (Jeremy gave us 10% off coupons), which is so close but we just didn't feel like waking! He even gave us his phone # so we could text anytime we needed a ride. It was like having a personal driver. I rarely use the shuttle service but this added great value to our stay. Jeremy was incredibly nice and accommodating and we appreciate it!!

• Stayed October 2014
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for choosing our hotel for multiple trips as that is the best compliment we can receive! We are pleased to have a great team and Jeremy is one of the best at delivering excellent customer service. He will appreciate your pat on the back! Our Tempe location within walking distance of great shops, activities and restaurants is perfect too! Our shuttle service to local places as well as Sky Harbor Airport is a big plus as well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Enjoyed it a lot. People are kind and efficient. No fancy noise just being comfortable. The rooms are large, great free wifi service, no need to pay for the extra high speed internet. The breakfast is more than just a cold buffet, they will prepare good freshly made french toasts or eggs.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We certainly love hearing you found our team to be kind and efficient! They will appreciate reading your review as that reinforces how important it is to take care of every guest, every day! Guests do enjoy our wifi option being free plus the great food we serve in our Bistro, accompanied by delicious Starbucks beverages. With our great weather, we are a good choice for travel all year long. Please visit again.
Boquete, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I want to thank Sheba Goodman, the hotel's event specialist for helping make our event a success. I was traveling (out of the country) prior to the event which made coordinating everything a tad more stressful. Ms Goodman made every effort to accommodate all of my requests and to ensure that all of our needs would be met.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
We are very pleased with the comments Sheba gets from guests like yourself who have seen her in action! Thanks for letting others know she was able to reduce your meeting planning stress and provide an exceptional meeting. We hope you visit again.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

October 7, 2014

To: Jim O'Meara

Dear Mr. O'Meara. I'm finishing my stay at this hotel early tomorrow morning and before departing I want to highlight the importance of the single employee in the person of Indira "Indy" Martin for preserving and enhancing your hotel's reputation.

Untypical of your properties, when I checked in yesterday afternoon I found that my room suffered from a strong tobacco smell, although it was otherwise perfectly prepared. When I reported this to the Front Desk, Agent Martin promptly and personally visited the room (bringing the keys for an alternate room), checked into the circumstances, immediately confirmed the problem, and offered the fresh room and the assistance of another staff member in moving my already deployed baggage, clothing, and other personal articles. I was impressed at how she resolved this problem on her own authority.

My thanks to your hotel chain, you, and, obviously, Indy, who "saved" my stay. I hope that this commendation will contribute to her being recognized and rewarded for her superior performance. I can tell you that her initiative reassured me that your chain is the one to trust, as I did when I recently scheduled my ongoing trip through the Southwest and made reservations at four of your firm's hotels.

With sincere best wishes, Gary W. Bohigian
Rewards # 856238225

cc: Gary W. Bohigian, Indira Martin

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are pleased to have Indy be a part of our team and appreciate her passion for great customer service to every guest. Mr. Bohigian, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and am pleased that Indy made the correction seamlessly. Marriott has been a leader in the smoke free environment in our hotels and guests appreciate the end result! Thank you for trusting Marriott as your hotel of choice. Our commitment is to keep your business by doing the right things at every hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm pretty picky on my hotel rooms since I travel about 30-40 times a year for work. This location had awesome rooms for the price and was perfectly located between my work site and a ton of restaurants. Will definitely stay here again when I come back to this area.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
The best compliment we can receive is that our guests plan to return. We agree that our location is perfect for having easy access to great shopping and dining! The fact that you are a seasoned traveler makes your recommendation to others even more valuable. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next business trip.
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel has a salt water pool, its lovely. Ask for a room facing the courtyard. The tv in my room didn't get all the channels, and it wasn't until we left did I find out it was just my tv. The tv iny colleagues' rooms were fine, I would have mentioned it to the staff but o really didn't want to hear 'its the provider and we can't do amything'. I was surprised that for a hotel in the desert that they didn't provide any lotion, as part of the toiletries. I had my own lotion but my male colleagues started looking scaley. Its close to restaurants so definitely convenient.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your review to let others know you were pleased with our convenient location in Tempe! Everything is within walking distance! Good advice for all guests is to let the hotel staff know when things are not perfect as we really prefer to make any corrections while you are staying with us versus having you disappointed! We do hope to see you on another visit to Tempe.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed here more than once this year, as the hotel has a corporate rate for us, and is walking distance from my office.

Twice this year, when requesting an airport pickup, I was asked to just take a cab and got reimbursed, rather then wait for the pickup. Every time I have been dropped off on time, most often super early morning as I connect to flights back to Asia from some other city. Staff have been great to offer cold water bottles and give advise on the weather as they realized that I was walking back and forth from the office every day. In my latest stay, Ali has been really great.

The hotel is good location, rooms are comfortable, and amenities good. The snack options at breakfast are also good and adequate for a quick bite. In my last stay, I was told that I can request a refrigerator to store snacks/water if i wanted to, but there are plenty of eating/drinking places nearby.

Room Tip: You want to be aware of the construction happening in the empty lot next to it, as sometimes they ca...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Your review validates what we hope to accomplish with every guest experience! Thanks for returning throughout the year and for letting others know of your stay! Ali is a great part of our team and someone who cares about our guests! We agree that we provide great value in a comfortable environment and our Bistro is just the right option for food and beverages! Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown? Share your experiences!