“business meeting” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Gilbert, Arizona
“business meeting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Held a business meeting at this property. Meeting room was good for 12-15 people and the prices were fair for both the meeting room and the hotel rooms. The staff was great and very accommodating. We also used the banquet services and they were also good and priced fair. The location was great with lots of restaurants and nightlife within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Our Tempe hotel is such a great place for meetings and we appreciate your letting others know how much your enjoyed our hotel, meeting room and catering! The team will be pleased to learn you found them accommodating. Your comments go a long way to validate that they are doing a good job and inspires them to do even better! With all of Tempe downtown within walking distance, guests get to enjoy the dining, shops, entertainment and the weather. Please come back for another meeting or simply to take advantage of our area with the mountains for hiking, plus the museums and sports venues.

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nearby the university, quiet area, nightlife and good restaurants within walking distance. I had to go in August for business and it was insanely hot. The first two days and nights everything was fine, but when I came back on the third day, the AC was off and it was like 100 degrees F in the room. Service guy came and the AC started back up, but it wouldn't stay on. They offered for a room switch right next door and everything was good again.
The staff was friendly, in particular Jeremy the airport shuttle driver.
I didn't get a chance to use the pool but it looked very welcoming.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review to let others know our location for your business trip in Tempe made your stay a pleasant one. Guests do enjoy the close proximity to dining, shops, and night life. Thank you for recognizing Jeremy he certainly enjoys taking care of our guests. During our summer months with hot, hot temperatures, our AC system gets a workout! I am sorry you experienced a challenge and very pleased we were able to make you comfortable with another room. Hopefully your next business trip will be in our winter months!
Mount Laurel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I needed to move my son into the dorms at ASU. Being a NJ resident, fresh off the plane with one suitcase and no car rental, this was a bit tricky... Or so I thought. Jeremy, at guest services,quickly put my anxiety at ease and helped us navigate the area. He went above and beyond to make what I thought would be a stressful situation very easy. Not only did Jeremy transport us to the local Target, but he even helped us load the shuttle with the many bags and TV that would soon fill my sons dorm room! When Jeremy was not there, the women at the front desk were just as friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Arizona and especially ASU. This was by far the most helpful and friendliest hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed August 2014
Moving a student into the campus is an exciting time and we are pleased to have been able to add to the experience and make it manageable for you and your son! Our close proximity to the campus and hotel services that include a shuttle is perfect for your needs! Jeremy is one of our valued associates and he enjoys making a difference to our guests! I will pass along your positive comments to the entire team! While your son is attending ASU, you will find great restaurants, shops and entertainment all within walking distance. When you have more time, the hotel is centrally located In the greater Phoenix area with easy access to freeways. You can take advantage of the many sports venues, our famous Spring Training, the zoo and botanical garden plus many museums and places of interest throughout the state! Please stop in to say hello when you are here again!
Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Indy made me feel right at home while checking in. The location is within walking distance to many restaurants. Very relaxing atmosphere with plenty to do within walking distance. I would highly recommend it to anyone with a layover in Phoenix. Airport shuttle service every 30 minutes.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the pool. Very quiet.
Green Features: They will do as little or as much as you require. I know that everyone's preference are different.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We are pleased you recommend our hotel to others because you found it to have a relaxing atmosphere! Our intention is to provide a comfortable environment and engaging customer service! Many guests choose our location so they can be within walking distance to the ASU campus or Tempe downtown restaurants and shops. With the light rail station nearby, guests can easily travel to the airport or downtown Phoenix. Of course, our hotel shuttle offers rides to nearby places which includes the airport. Safe travels and please return again!
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has a lot going for it. Location, proximity to the airport and restaurants. But, in my opinion, their best asset is the front desk staff. Specifically, Indyo. She went above and beyond to insure my stay would be pleasant. I witnessed this type of service for each guest she was helping. This hotel is lucky to have her!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Yes, we are lucky to have Indyo on out team! She loves to provide excellent customer service to every guest and continues to be an inspiration to others on the best way to treat our guests! Thanks for recognizing her! We are happy your stay was pleasant and you like our downtown Tempe location! As you found, many great restaurants and shopping options are within walking distance as well as the ASU campus. While many people have rental vehicles, others rely on either the Phoenix light rail or our hotel shuttle to go to and from the airport as an added convenience. Please come stay with us again!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was on a short visit to Tempe and decided to stay at the Courtyard Tempe Downtown. The location was great. It was close to the airport, restaurants and public transportation. Everyone from Igna at the Front Desk to Jeremy at Guest Services were friendly and went out of their way to make my stay pleasant. I was very pleased with my room which had a king size bed, sitting area and very clean. I would stay there again if ever visiting Tempe again.

Pat S., Baltimore, MD

Room Tip: Room on first level was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your complimentary review to let others know of your visit to our hotel! We agree that our location is one of the biggest factors for staying with us. Many restaurants and activities are within walking distance of the hotel in downtown Tempe. The ASU campus is nearby for all of their classes, programs and events. Our hotel shuttle is available for transportation to nearby places and the airport or to the light rail station to access both the airport and other Phoenix area locations. I will be happy to pass along your comments on the friendly customer service you experienced by Igna and Jeremy. They appreciate your pat on the back!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was a good experience for me. I was a little turned off at first because of the price. Luckily my stay was in the middle of off season so the front desk person discounted my nights by $30 a night. The rooms were clean and within walking distance to shops and food. Would be more than happy to stay there on my next visit to the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Courtyard view is the way to go.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Telling others you would return is the greatest compliment we can receive! So much of what brings guests back is due to the clean and comfortable hotel we provide. The rest is how convenient we are to shopping, dining and the ASU campus. There are options for getting around and they include our hotel shuttle to the airport and local venues or the light rail which gives access to downtown Phoenix as well. Thank you for your comments!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown? Share your experiences!