“Courtyard, Tempe, AZ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Prescott, Arizona
“Courtyard, Tempe, AZ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Great hotel, very clean and comfortable, staff were friendly and helpful. Good location for old town Tempe and Tempe town lake. The only thing that stopped it being a 5/5 was it's proximity to the train line, I got woken at 04.30 by the horns of a passing freight train, but the beds are so comfortable I went right back to sleep. Would definately stay again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

April 2011 was the second year Arthritis Introspective help its national conference at this hotel and we were once again, blown away by the quality customer service and the way the staff went out of its way to accommodate the needs of our organization and conference attendees! The remodel was beautiful and the property and rooms are clean and beautiful. There wasn't a request that wasn't met. This review comes late, but with heartfelt appreciation and five star rating!!

Room Tip: They are all good rooms. The "suites" are awesome.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed during a football game at ASU and the hotel was within walking distance to bars, restaurants and even the stadium. Best of all, the staff was friendly, helpful and the customer service was outstanding - especially the front desk. Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed in this hotel on business for 4 nights. My room was opposite the pool which was a nice view. Even though it was on the ground floor and I was a woman on my own I felt safe. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable. The room was perfect for my stay and very clean. The bathroom was nice and clean with a nice bath and shower. There were toiletries a hairdryer and iron and ironing board. There was free coffe in reception as well as the tea and coffee being refilled in my room each day. I had some laundry done while I was there which came back promptly and clean and pressed. Breakfast was good with a good variety. Free internet in reception which was handy for work. A pleasant stay and I would go back even with my family if I was city hopping. The only downside was there was no freephone from the airport so you need to take the number with you to phone for the shuttle bus to pick you up.

Room Tip: I think my room was 212 which was nice.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

The staff at Courtyard Marriott Tempe are wonderful. They are friendly, efficient and caring. But, the trains, were not. They were noisy, loud and rude. They woke the family up at 5:00 am on a Sunday Morning. This would have been ok, if we weren't on vacation. I really like the hotel. The rooms were clean and tidy. I just can't do the trains again. If they move the trains I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

This property is well kept and the staff is extremely efficient and friendly. That being said, I will never stay there again. It is located under the Phoenix airport approach path and right next to a major railroad. The affords you the tranquil sounds of trains and planes 24 hours a day. Additionally, I believe it is near a fire station. Emergency vehicle sirens went 5 times through the night I stayed. That combined with the half dozen trains and dozens of planes throughout the night meant no sleep. There must be an railroad crossing near because the trains do not just run past, they blow their horns every time the come through. It sounds like they are in your room!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
TempeCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments concerning your recent visit to the Tempe Downtown Courtyard. We pride ourselves in being a product that was designed solely through research and information provided by people like yourself. As a result, we are always interested in any feedback that our guests have to offer.

It is disheartening to say the least that your experience at our Courtyard was not to the standards that you are a custom to, and that we like to deliver. I apologize for the Train Noise that disturbed your stay. I am extremely excited to report that the City of Tempe has made the area surrounding our hotel a Quiet Zone. Effective February 1st, 2012, the Trains will no longer blow their Warning Horns while passing by the hotel. Again, thank you for your feedback.

James T O'Meara
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

A great staff that was very friendly and they also bumped us up to a suite at no extra cost during our stay. It was very quiet and the walls seems well insulated from sound as we could hear a pin down in our room. We'' stay there again!!!

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown? Share your experiences!