“Don't stay here.....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe

You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2165 West 15th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
“Don't stay here.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

I am so glad that this one night stay was NOT extended. What a scary place. It needed a complete renovation. There was long black hair on the bathroom floor, and we had just checked in. The counter had sticky rings on it as well as the floor being sticky. Thank goodness we didn't have to cook there. It was a place that probably was good for workers to stay for an extended time but that's all it was good for. We checked in and then left because the room was so smelly. Slept there and then were glad to get up and leave at 4 am. Don't stay here...Not even for 1 night. You will be disappointed.

Room Tip: I don't think there would be a good room here. In such a need for a reno. I think people used...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2015

We checked in at midnight and were told that they were out of rooms except for a smoking room that was near the elevator. As soon as we stepped out of the elevator we could smell the stale smoke in the air. Right across from the elevator was our room, lucky us. Stepping into the room the same stinky air was there. We didn't end up sleeping until we booked a new hotel on hot wire. When we woke up after 4 hours of sleep to the sound of the elevator dinging, we realized that we both had sore throats from the smoke. So ready to check out of here, I think we'll skip the breakfast. It is clean water pressure is good but this place is due for renovation. Only paid $36 for two nights with the Orvis offer so I guess I really didn't get what I paid for. This is a 2 star property

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

Hotel was really well presented online; however, when we checked in, the common areas were run down. The hallways smelled of cooking. The rooms were not clean. Decor was very run-down with walls scuffed, damaged counter tops. When the heat was turned on, the heater "over-heated" and started to emit smoke, which triggered the smoke alarm, so it had to be turned off, thus no heat. After enduring this, our party (2 rooms, 2 nights) decided to immediately cancel our booking and change hotels. What a nightmare! The front desk was sympathetic, but not surprised with our reaction. The rating should be dropped for this location until some major attention is given to this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel provides minimal services to guests- not even a wake-up call is provided!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Livonia, mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

Yikes. Good thing I don't often read reviews. None of the horrible things I read ever happened to me. I've stayed here several times and it has always been adequate for my needs. The heater is a bit noisy, but I suspect that it's not used very much here in Phoenix. Eveything works fine, the tv is wonderful, the refrigerator a tad noisy, not as bad as some I've had. I had to bring my own shower head (which I always carry with me) as there was a very cheap one in the shower. I enjoy a strong stream of water. The desk people were all accommodating and resolved anything I asked them. Staying here for 2 weeks as I do every year at this time and have never had a problem.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, January 14, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and that our staff was so accommodating and helpful. Still, I do apologize that your heater and refrigerator were noisy. I will work with my maintenance staff to inspect these appliances to ensure that they are working properly. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2014

This place was a big step up from some of the other places I almost stayed. This place is awesome and I am enjoying my stay. The staff here are so nice and helpful and have accommodated all my requests. The price I got to stay here was amazing and I am so thankful that I am staying here instead of some other substandard slum hotel here in phoenix where there are plenty. This is my first time staying in a hotel room for more than one night and I have to admit, this is a great place to stay. The room is a little worn from wear and tear but it is so great to have a kitchenette with working appliances, a living room with a couch and TV and a bedroom in the back with a nice TV. Free WIFI. The only problem I have is that the heater does not keep the bedroom warm at night when it is cold but other than that this place gets an A+ from me.

Room Tip: Check to see if you have amenities for room if not request for amenities they will help you.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, December 1, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our helpful staff, your fully equipped kitchen and our free Wi-Fi during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another great stay in the future.
Great Neck, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

For the amazingly low price I paid, I was OK with what I got here. I checked in at 1 a.m. and Martine at the front desk was extremely friendly and tried to be helpful although the odds were stacked against him (with the computer not working, and my room having a broken phone). My room was fine, clean enough. Wifi didn't work too well, kept cutting out.
The location is very good, close to airport and nestled among many other motels of good quality, so I did feel quite safe here (parking, etc.) and am not sure why others have posted reviews making it sound like a slum. It's fine. And you really canNOT beat the price. Extended Stay America is always my top choice because of their kitchenettes. This one also has a small fitness center, a pool, and a very nice laundry room. The breakfast wasn't too good--not enough fruit, no granola bars--but that's never a big attraction at ESA. I did get free microwave popcorn from Martine when I checked in--ask for it! Overall, I would certainly recommend this motel and would return here in the future.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, November 20, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the quality customer service provided by our staff. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. I am glad that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable visit overall. Thank you for continuing to choose Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again in the future.
Loveland, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

I have read reviews on this hotel and I think to myself... what were you expecting? The Ritz? This hotel, admittedly, is not the nicest one I have ever stayed at. But, for the money I spent on priceline to get the room, its exactly what I expect if not more. And I am not going to say what I spent, but I will say it was less than a tank of gas per day. This property is in need of sprucing up in the rooms. New carpet and cabinets. But over all, it is functional. They even have a pool which is almost unheard of for extended stay.
Pro:
Price
Location to airport
Pool
BBQ Grill
Kitchenette
Grab and go breakfast (Better than no breakfast but not continental)

Cons:
Little worn, needs remodel
Shady characters hanging around hotel (But you get that when the rent is cheep)

Room Tip: Try and get a queen suit if you can.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe? Share your experiences!