“2 week stay GOOD TO GO!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe

You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2165 West 15th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Phoenix, Arizona
“2 week stay GOOD TO GO!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place was a big step up from some of the other places I almost stayed. This place is awesome and I am enjoying my stay. The staff here are so nice and helpful and have accommodated all my requests. The price I got to stay here was amazing and I am so thankful that I am staying here instead of some other substandard slum hotel here in phoenix where there are plenty. This is my first time staying in a hotel room for more than one night and I have to admit, this is a great place to stay. The room is a little worn from wear and tear but it is so great to have a kitchenette with working appliances, a living room with a couch and TV and a bedroom in the back with a nice TV. Free WIFI. The only problem I have is that the heater does not keep the bedroom warm at night when it is cold but other than that this place gets an A+ from me.

Room Tip: Check to see if you have amenities for room if not request for amenities they will help you.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our helpful staff, your fully equipped kitchen and our free Wi-Fi during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another great stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Great Neck, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

For the amazingly low price I paid, I was OK with what I got here. I checked in at 1 a.m. and Martine at the front desk was extremely friendly and tried to be helpful although the odds were stacked against him (with the computer not working, and my room having a broken phone). My room was fine, clean enough. Wifi didn't work too well, kept cutting out.
The location is very good, close to airport and nestled among many other motels of good quality, so I did feel quite safe here (parking, etc.) and am not sure why others have posted reviews making it sound like a slum. It's fine. And you really canNOT beat the price. Extended Stay America is always my top choice because of their kitchenettes. This one also has a small fitness center, a pool, and a very nice laundry room. The breakfast wasn't too good--not enough fruit, no granola bars--but that's never a big attraction at ESA. I did get free microwave popcorn from Martine when I checked in--ask for it! Overall, I would certainly recommend this motel and would return here in the future.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the quality customer service provided by our staff. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. I am glad that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable visit overall. Thank you for continuing to choose Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again in the future.
Loveland, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

I have read reviews on this hotel and I think to myself... what were you expecting? The Ritz? This hotel, admittedly, is not the nicest one I have ever stayed at. But, for the money I spent on priceline to get the room, its exactly what I expect if not more. And I am not going to say what I spent, but I will say it was less than a tank of gas per day. This property is in need of sprucing up in the rooms. New carpet and cabinets. But over all, it is functional. They even have a pool which is almost unheard of for extended stay.
Pro:
Price
Location to airport
Pool
BBQ Grill
Kitchenette
Grab and go breakfast (Better than no breakfast but not continental)

Cons:
Little worn, needs remodel
Shady characters hanging around hotel (But you get that when the rent is cheep)

Room Tip: Try and get a queen suit if you can.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

rentedfor 4 days left early, police were there nite b4 we left hotel looking for a guy, i asked front desk clerk was everything safe for my kids, yea its fine he says less then 5 minutes later, my son had a gun pulled on him entering the elvator guy was gettin off elevator, police got guy an i tried to talk to manger in mouring she never asked if my boys were k all she could say was not there fault nuttin they can do about convo is over, so we left hotel, im very angry i called corp, no not there fault i know that but manger could talk to em for i know my kids r safe for i know we can stay couldnt get that

Room Tip: red roof inn has always been great to us, thats where we moved to, we were here last months should o...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This property was such a disappointment. I was looking to develop a regular relationship with a hotel in the phx area as I travel here often. This motel was rundown, dirty and the rooms were not equipped with any extended stay amenities unless you asked for them specifically. I had to go down to the front desk to request a coffee maker and I just stopped there as the room was so worn and dirty I did not want to risk using other amenities. I went out and bought a blanket of my own to use. "Guests" lounged half naked talking on the floor of my hallway and I had to step over him to get to my room. The location was good, but I actually felt unsafe in the property as business traveler. I would not use the exercise room as I would not trust the cleanliness or safety of being there alone. The front desk helper was friendly, but the experience was not professional. Sad representation of the brand.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our hotel was not up to standard and that you did not feel safe. Your comments were reviewed by our staff, and we will be retraining to make sure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

The only good thing about the hotel was the front desk people Martin and Ashley they were really nice. And the bed was comfortable and clean. Other than that everything else in the room was dirty. The fixtures in the bathroom the fixtures in the kitchen and the silverware were filthy. The walls need to be repainted. They were so dirty. The carpet and desk chair had stains all over them. Really gross!

• Stayed May 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable bed and that our staff provided you with friendly service; however, we are disappointed to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. We will be inspecting rooms to make sure they meet our standards prior to our guest's arrival.

Strongsville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This property is deceptive in the sense that it looks fairly decent upon 1st sight, then you see people loitering around the hotel grounds in the parking lot- and they all look shady. If you don't believe, by all means go there.. especially at night. They never had clean towels when needed, apparently an inadequate amount on hand ? And finally, the GM had the nerve to charge my credit card before getting my verbal approval or otherwise. That's a big no-no, I can tell you as a former hotel GM- would never THINK of doing that. Called the chain of command- names on the right of front desk on the wall- what a waste of time that was The top ranking Extended Stay exec on the list- he can't be reached- his number has been disconnected. Real classy. Hey call me if you have any problems.. My name's on the wall- I want to know about your stay with us.. but only if it's good feedback.. But don't worry, my number is disconnected, I can't be bothered in my ivory tower. Hey, newsflash: either change your number, or take your name off the wall-real simple. Avoid this place, do yourself & your family a favor.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Todd - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of customer service displayed by some of our staff members. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol and reservations policy to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at tem@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe? Share your experiences!