“worst ive ever been in all hotels, never this bad” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2165 West 15th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #37 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“worst ive ever been in all hotels, never this bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

rentedfor 4 days left early, police were there nite b4 we left hotel looking for a guy, i asked front desk clerk was everything safe for my kids, yea its fine he says less then 5 minutes later, my son had a gun pulled on him entering the elvator guy was gettin off elevator, police got guy an i tried to talk to manger in mouring she never asked if my boys were k all she could say was not there fault nuttin they can do about convo is over, so we left hotel, im very angry i called corp, no not there fault i know that but manger could talk to em for i know my kids r safe for i know we can stay couldnt get that

Room Tip: red roof inn has always been great to us, thats where we moved to, we were here last months should o...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This property was such a disappointment. I was looking to develop a regular relationship with a hotel in the phx area as I travel here often. This motel was rundown, dirty and the rooms were not equipped with any extended stay amenities unless you asked for them specifically. I had to go down to the front desk to request a coffee maker and I just stopped there as the room was so worn and dirty I did not want to risk using other amenities. I went out and bought a blanket of my own to use. "Guests" lounged half naked talking on the floor of my hallway and I had to step over him to get to my room. The location was good, but I actually felt unsafe in the property as business traveler. I would not use the exercise room as I would not trust the cleanliness or safety of being there alone. The front desk helper was friendly, but the experience was not professional. Sad representation of the brand.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our hotel was not up to standard and that you did not feel safe. Your comments were reviewed by our staff, and we will be retraining to make sure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

The only good thing about the hotel was the front desk people Martin and Ashley they were really nice. And the bed was comfortable and clean. Other than that everything else in the room was dirty. The fixtures in the bathroom the fixtures in the kitchen and the silverware were filthy. The walls need to be repainted. They were so dirty. The carpet and desk chair had stains all over them. Really gross!

• Stayed May 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable bed and that our staff provided you with friendly service; however, we are disappointed to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. We will be inspecting rooms to make sure they meet our standards prior to our guest's arrival.

Strongsville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This property is deceptive in the sense that it looks fairly decent upon 1st sight, then you see people loitering around the hotel grounds in the parking lot- and they all look shady. If you don't believe, by all means go there.. especially at night. They never had clean towels when needed, apparently an inadequate amount on hand ? And finally, the GM had the nerve to charge my credit card before getting my verbal approval or otherwise. That's a big no-no, I can tell you as a former hotel GM- would never THINK of doing that. Called the chain of command- names on the right of front desk on the wall- what a waste of time that was The top ranking Extended Stay exec on the list- he can't be reached- his number has been disconnected. Real classy. Hey call me if you have any problems.. My name's on the wall- I want to know about your stay with us.. but only if it's good feedback.. But don't worry, my number is disconnected, I can't be bothered in my ivory tower. Hey, newsflash: either change your number, or take your name off the wall-real simple. Avoid this place, do yourself & your family a favor.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Todd - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of customer service displayed by some of our staff members. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol and reservations policy to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at tem@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I don't write reviews often. But this one I had too. I should of read the reviews before I booked.. Alot of them are spot on. It is not a nice place to stay IMO. It was noisy, smelly and did not feel clean. I left half way thru my stay. I could not handle it any more.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry that you found our hotel to be noisy. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Kenmore, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

3/25/14 Staying for one night discovered huge, mature bed bugs around the bed and wall shortly after checking in. Since I had slightly unpacked I now am having to take all kinds of precautions to prevent infesting our home.

But the staff were wonderful.....for what that's worth.

Room Tip: Warning about bed bugs
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am pleased to read your remarks about our staff. Still, the situation you described is truly regrettable, and I apologize for your experience. Please know that we will be taking the appropriate actions to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at tem@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

this hotel is run down. the bed linens were filthy and they didn't have enough to accommodate a family. some of the room equipment was broken and the carpets smelled and were filthy. the room bathroom needs a major overhaul. there was mold in the shower and the drywall was coming apart. if you just need a bed to sleep while you are in Phoenix then this is the place otherwise choose somewhere different.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Gina - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am very sorry that your room was unclean and had items in need of repair upon arrival. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have addressed your comments with the team and am working with them to enhance our offerings. As well, as we continue to make improvements to our bedding, we will keep your feedback in mind.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at TEM@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe? Share your experiences!