“okay, if you want an uncomfortable bed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe

You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2165 West 15th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
“okay, if you want an uncomfortable bed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

this hotel is run down. the bed linens were filthy and they didn't have enough to accommodate a family. some of the room equipment was broken and the carpets smelled and were filthy. the room bathroom needs a major overhaul. there was mold in the shower and the drywall was coming apart. if you just need a bed to sleep while you are in Phoenix then this is the place otherwise choose somewhere different.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Gina - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am very sorry that your room was unclean and had items in need of repair upon arrival. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have addressed your comments with the team and am working with them to enhance our offerings. As well, as we continue to make improvements to our bedding, we will keep your feedback in mind.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at TEM@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tempe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The staff was friendly, yet communication was a problem if something was needed, they actually cared about taking care of problems but the communications never went further and no follow up was ever done. The rooms were not cleaned weekly as promised, the carpets were dirty and there was a chemical smell that would not go away. Found a syringe cap in the dryer, thankfully no syringe, so quit doing laundry there. Was charged for three weeks I was not even there after checkout and got a call from the hotel asking me three weeks later if I'd checked out, this proves they do not clean the rooms or the staff does not communicate with each other.
I was bitten by a spider no offer of doctor visit or extreme cleaning of the room, was asked to have told them earlier when the pest controller was on property; sorry didn't know I needed to tell the spider to bite me earlier.
I do want to say the staff was very friendly and overall tried. The breakfast was very slight and always gone at least 45 minutes before breakfast time was up. I did get a refund for the days I was not there minus $7 I had to pay, no other offers to pay the full amount on my credit card. Hotel was in good location to job search and be near city life in driving distance.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you rent it check to see if it's clean.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so disappointed that there were so many mishaps with the cleaning schedule and insects during your stay with us. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is making sure we are following up with requests and reports and will be better about communicating with all departments. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.

I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at Tem@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The location and price were the main reasons we chose this property. While the staff were very friendly and at times attempted to help, the property was in abysmal condition. Just about everything in our room was broken or dirty. We found a toilet plunger full of water and feces under the bathroom sink; that pretty much sums up the condition of the entire property. Wet towels and trash were left in the hallways for days on end. The iron, phones, coffee maker, blow dryer, and television were all broken. There was little if any communication among staff when complaints were voiced so issues were not resolved in a timely manner, if at all. Other guests would prop doors open at night so there were some safety concerns. No, I would not stay here again and I would advise anyone who is considering it to rethink their choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am glad that you liked our hotel's location and the service our staff provided; however, I am sorry for the condition of your room upon check-in. In response, I will be working with the staff to ensure we repair items as needed and provide your room with a deep clean. As well, I would like to let you know that your concerns about safety are being taken very seriously. As safety for our guests is a top priority, we will be working to enhance our security measures and take action as needed.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Bensenville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Good - close to Sky Harbor Airport, right next to expressway, not far from gas stations and food, relaxing pool area.

Bad - outdated rooms (really outdated rooms), broken appliances (room 209 is where we stayed FYI), PAPER THIN walls, continental breakfast is a joke (granola bars and coffee), house keeping ONCE A WEEK (read fine print), furniture is nasty and old along with the decor of the room.

Overall - do not stay here longer than 1-2 days, don't make the mistake I did. Gross, LOUD, outdated.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from the smoking hallway if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am pleased to read your remarks about our location, the convenience of having many different types of establishments nearby, and our pool area. Still, I am very sorry that your room and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Please know, we are working to repair the items you outlined and are currently making improvements throughout our whole hotel. As for our grab-and-go breakfast, as we continue to enhance this offering, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I hope that you will contact me directly, at tem@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Salem, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was very happy when I check in to see a nice hotel and room. After reading a couple of the reviews I was very scared, there were lots of good reviews too. Check in went smooth and my room was on 3rd flood. Very nice size with 2 Qn beds, a loveseat, flat screen tv, small kitchen and table. Bathroom was clean but small. Yes the cabinets need to be refreshed, but the beds and pillows were very comfy. The air conditioning worked perfect, kept me nice and cool. Never heard any doors slamming or people talking. Felt like I was alone on the floor, but come dinner time I could smell some food cooking. Saw dogs walking down hallway with owners and never heard them in the room. Grounds were very clean and nice. Pool wonderful. The staff was always helpful in printing out directions for me, they were always smiling. It really did feel like a "home away from home". I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate all your needs and made you feel like you were home away from home.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have done many, many reviews and I have to say, this is THE worst hotel review I have done. I honestly can not think of many benefits of staying here and I sincerely question the reviews giving this location a 4 or 5 star rating.

I have backed up my review with photos so you can make your own determination.

The kitchen: Cabinets were falling apart (See photo.) Only two sets of utensils, no sponge to clean dishes, the dishwasher failed to clean the dishes, one pot, one frying pan, no corkscrew, and a burner on the stove did not work. The water tasted awful. The floor molding was falling off (see photo.)

Bathroom: The sink, mirrors and tub were utterly disgusting. There was so much built up calcium deposits and other gunk. The mirror was coming apart at the bottom. The doorway entrance was in serious need of a paint job. (see photos)

Living area: The couch was hard as a rock and was torn. It looked like it belonged in a college campus rather than a hotel room. The carpet was separated and failing presenting a trip hazard.

My room was 315. It should be condemned and redone. No one should have to stay the night let alone a week in this dump. Even the "breakfast" was crap. The hallways smelled and the stairways needed cleaning (and new paint and new carpet.) The WHOLE hotel was a waste of good money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Chris - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the condition and cleanliness of your room. In response to this feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, our maintenance staff is making repairs in your room as needed.

Please contact me, at tem@extendedstay.com if you have additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed here for a month in the summer. They have successfully combined the needs of overnight guests (grab & go breakfast, housekeeping service) with the needs of extended stay guests (equipped kitchen, good mattress, wifi & cable, reasonable weekly & monthly rates). My room was L shaped with plenty of windows, making the place feel more spacious than it actually was. Another nice thing was how quiet it was. The walls must be very well sound proofed and even though the airport is nearby, I rarely noticed the sound of planes. But the most outstanding part of the experience for me was the wonderful staff. From Shawnie, the manager, to the housekeepers and maintenance staff, everyone was genuinely friendly and willing to help. No request was too small or unimportant. I see that someone else wrote the place needs a remodel - well they were just finishing remodeling when I moved in. I can, and will, recommend this place to anyone visiting Phoenix or Tempe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
Comfort Suites Airport Phoenix
Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport
Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport
BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Phoenix Airport at Tempe

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe? Share your experiences!