“Some thoughts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe

You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2165 West 15th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Tempe, Arizona
“Some thoughts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

First of all, I would like to thank the Hotel staff for their service excellence and commitment to making everyone's stay enjoyable: you get notified when you asked to, the ladies are full of enthusiasm, suggestions and ways to accommodate your needs from having change for the laundry machine to providing ideas as to where to go for a late night snack, find dry cleaners, get money order, etc. I've been staying at the hotel for 3 weeks now after relocating to PHX from Pacific NW and witnessed multiple conversation with clients (myself included). The staff is doing an excellent job while the customers are making the staff's life miserable with their personal drama. I've been a travelling consultant for 3 years and stayed at multiple hotels in lots of cities. This particular one is very practical for my needs. Hope you find all the provided information (here and below) helpful. From my stand point I no doubt in my mind about coming back to stay at this hotel or recommending it to my friends.

Room Tip: If you expect to complain about your neighbors upstairs being noisy ask for a third floor room. I pe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our Extended Stay America Phoenix-Airport-Tempe. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Booked suite at Homestead in Tempe for short, overnight stay prior to setting out for California. The Price was Right! So...arrived late, 10'ish, and both my wife & I were travel weary given our flight from Seattle was delayed two hours and, fortunately, were greeted by a very professional Front Desk staff. Gabby & Carrie were very friendly greeters and provided us with exceptional service. We were hungry, they provided us with easy directions to a late night eatery! Their caring and positive support was much appreciated. So, #1 asset for this stay experience was Gabby & Carrie! Must make mention of Peter as well since he was sooo friendly when we initially booked our suite! His professional demeanor and suave voice were most pleasant to deal with.
Secondly, the suite itself was well kept with a very tidy setting. Lastly, the PRICE was RIGHT! As our stay was short & sweet, we desired reasonably priced accommodations and Homestead Studio Suites Phoenix-Tempe met the match!
My wife and I would highly recommend this place to others and will definitely be back!
Respectfully,
D. & L.

Room Tip: Let Carrie, Gabby & Peter work with you as they know and are Customer Service!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Studio Suites Tempe-Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call me for your future stays here at 480-557-8880 or any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
Phoenix, AZ, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Peter had anticipated my every need and his positive attitude and attention to detail regarding my bill made my stay more relaxed and comfortable. The staff, overall, were professional and friendly and made me feel welcome each and every day I was there. They actually printed several important documents and even faxed them out for me at no charge. The room was great (considering the price). Recommend 100%. Thank you guys for all you do! Especially you Peter. Keep up the good work my friend. Take care...

CHAD (REPO)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that your stay with us was so enjoyable and that you were so pleased with the service you received while staying with us. It is one of the most rewarding aspects of my job to read reviews such as yours. I will be sure to share your response with all the staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

If you're looking for comfort, this is the spot. Great location (right off the 10) and very close to a number of landmarks. The price could not be beat! The rooms are very nice and comfortable for the price. The staff here is awesome, which means that I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor. Very quiet and peaceful. I would watch the sunrise from my bed. Awesome!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you were so pleased with your stay with us and that you were so pleased with the staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Orange County CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

When we arrived our rooms weren't ready yet, so we were given a different room. We went around to the back and after witnessing a drug deal and avoiding an angry Pitbull, we found the back entrance to our rooms. It reeked of dog pee. Everything in the hall was filthy and the clientele was certainly not business travelers. In fact, it looked like people were living there, and not real high-rent folks either. You could hear dogs barking and people yelling in the hall. Awesome. Our room was an absolute pig-sty. The couch was torn/chewed, the carpet was disgusting, the bed has a foam-like coverlet on it, the chair was filthy, the walls were covered in dirt, fluids, etc... and the trash lid had been washed with the dishes in the dishwasher. I went to open a drawer and the whole face of the drawer came off in my hand. The only clean place to sit was on the toilet. It was absolutely disgusting. Within 10 minutes we asked for our money back and found much nicer accommodations. This wasn't even worth $49/night. I would have defnitley felt unsafe there at night and wouldn't have wanted to leave my car there.

The management should be completely embarrassed about this place. It's not like it's a "little old and run down" it's DISGUSTING and unsanitary.

Room Tip: A different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The experience , as well as the conditions you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going over each and every one of your issues with the entire staff. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tem@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I like the Homestead because its not your typical hotel, its spacious with a big bathroom, huge work desk and a kitchenette. I love staying at the Homestead and Extended Stay hotels.
The location is not walking distance to any restaurants. I recommend you have a car and that way you have access to all the amenities in the Tempe area.
This hotel is awesome.

Room Tip: No shuttle service. Nice swimming pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

I will be sure to share your great comments with our staff and local managment team. They will be very excited to hear your kind words.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This accommodation changed my mind about booking low-cost self-catering rooms.
It was convenient for the freeway, and the staff were very helpful in directing us to local restaurants, shops and amenities.
The room was comfortable, with a clean and well-equipped kitchen area that would suit both short- and medium-term residence.
The air-con was effective and the outdoor pool was well-kept, peaceful and quiet - Perfect in the early-evening heat of the summer.
It just lacked a little atmosphere, as everyone was either self-catering and self-contained in their rooms, or out of the hotel to eat and be entertained.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Phoenix - Airport - Tempe. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe? Share your experiences!