“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2165 West 15th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #35 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Baltimore, Maryland
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I like the Homestead because its not your typical hotel, its spacious with a big bathroom, huge work desk and a kitchenette. I love staying at the Homestead and Extended Stay hotels.
The location is not walking distance to any restaurants. I recommend you have a car and that way you have access to all the amenities in the Tempe area.
This hotel is awesome.

Room Tip: No shuttle service. Nice swimming pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

I will be sure to share your great comments with our staff and local managment team. They will be very excited to hear your kind words.

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This accommodation changed my mind about booking low-cost self-catering rooms.
It was convenient for the freeway, and the staff were very helpful in directing us to local restaurants, shops and amenities.
The room was comfortable, with a clean and well-equipped kitchen area that would suit both short- and medium-term residence.
The air-con was effective and the outdoor pool was well-kept, peaceful and quiet - Perfect in the early-evening heat of the summer.
It just lacked a little atmosphere, as everyone was either self-catering and self-contained in their rooms, or out of the hotel to eat and be entertained.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Phoenix - Airport - Tempe. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed @ HSS-PHX Apr. 23-25 for a baseball trip. I chose this location for its proximity to the locations my party wanted to visit & my familiarity with the Phoenix/Tempe area. The location was good due to HSS-PHX being on a side street off a main drag (Broadway). Although I booked a room with 2 dbl beds & a sofa sleeper, my party needed another room due to 2 members are big men & other member was female. The plan worked out well as the 2nd room was right across the 1st. I liked the full size refrigerator in which we stored our beverages. The work desk doubled as out drinking table & laptop center. The employees are very helpful.
I would have liked to have some breakfast service but restaurants and Arizona Mills are not that far away. We really enjoyed the stay & the price value.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Phoenix - Airport - Tempe. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night in November 2011 before flying back to the UK from Phoenix Airport.
Very friendly and helpful staff and a nice modern feel to the place.

Rooms were spacious and comfortable and the location is only a short distance from Supermarkets and Shops. Very nice stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Phoenix - Airport - Tempe. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

North East England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I enjoyed my one nice stay, it was quiet and comfortable.. liked having the full kitchen and the bathroom was fine. It was plenty clean enough and the staff were friendly, very handy for the airport with ample parking.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter.. x
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Rowlett, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I chose this hotel because I found a very inexpensive deal on a room for 1 night. The property is in generally good condition. The person who checked me in was friendly and helpful. I checked in around 7pm but had somewhere else I needed to be, so I didn't actually get to my room until after midnight. When I walked in, I quickly discovered that I had been given a room that had not been serviced. The bed was unmade, a towel was lying about, and there was debris in the room. The clerk on duty at the front desk moved me to what I was told was their only remaining room. The problem with the new room was there was an incessant, annoying loud noise coming from what I believe to be an external air conditioning unit, which made it difficult at first to fall asleep. Later on, the noise stopped, As for the rooms, each room has a full kitchen. Rooms are in generally good shape. Check out was efficient. A Denny's restaurant is nearby.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

After reading reviews about this hotel and it being recommended to me by a co-worker, I decided to check it out. The lady who checked me in was very nice.

The interior of the hotel is kind of old and the hallways seemed a bit dingy and not very homey. The room I was in was very large, with a couch and a small back bedroom, with a tv in the living room and bedroom. However, I did notice that the bathroom did not have a door, or if it was a door, it looked like a sliding door, but I could not pull it out.

But my biggest problem with the room was that the air conditioner did not flow into the bedroom. There is only one unit, which is in the living room, but no unit in the bedroom. There is a fan vent and I was told, after reporting the air issue, that the fan would blow air into the room after a few hours. So I left for a while to get some groceries and upon returning, the bedroom was still pretty hot and no air was flowing into the room. I called the front desk and spoke with a different lady. She was very nice as well and came up to the room to check out the problem. Nothing could be done about the air and maintenance was not available until Monday. I could not deal with a hot bedroom all weekend. There were no smaller rooms available until the following week. All that was available was a handicapped room, which I did not feel comfortable taking. So I decided to check out.

I appreciate the staff at Homestead trying to accomodate my needs while I was there. I am not sure if I will stay there again, but if I had to, I would get a smaller room without a bedroom.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, November 14, 2010
Caramelboo –

Thanks very much for reviewing your stay with us. Although I am glad to read that you enjoyed the service, I was disheartened to read that a problem with the air conditioning prompted you to check out. In the event that an issue such as yours arises, we typically have a maintenance person who is capable of fixing the problem. If it happens to be the case that no such resource is available, we provide our guests with an alternative room. Please accept my deepest apologies that we were unable to remedy the problem with yoru air conditioner. Regarding the bathroom entrance, I am sorry that it presented some difficulty; please know that our staff is eager to help you in these sorts of situations.

I do hope that the next time you are in the Phoenix area, you will consider giving us another chance to prove how committed we are to your satisfaction. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly, or contact us through our website, should you have any further concerns.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe? Share your experiences!