“Very Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe

You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2165 West 15th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #38 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
London, United Kingdom
“Very Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night in November 2011 before flying back to the UK from Phoenix Airport.
Very friendly and helpful staff and a nice modern feel to the place.

Rooms were spacious and comfortable and the location is only a short distance from Supermarkets and Shops. Very nice stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Phoenix - Airport - Tempe. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
North East England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I enjoyed my one nice stay, it was quiet and comfortable.. liked having the full kitchen and the bathroom was fine. It was plenty clean enough and the staff were friendly, very handy for the airport with ample parking.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter.. x
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Rowlett, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I chose this hotel because I found a very inexpensive deal on a room for 1 night. The property is in generally good condition. The person who checked me in was friendly and helpful. I checked in around 7pm but had somewhere else I needed to be, so I didn't actually get to my room until after midnight. When I walked in, I quickly discovered that I had been given a room that had not been serviced. The bed was unmade, a towel was lying about, and there was debris in the room. The clerk on duty at the front desk moved me to what I was told was their only remaining room. The problem with the new room was there was an incessant, annoying loud noise coming from what I believe to be an external air conditioning unit, which made it difficult at first to fall asleep. Later on, the noise stopped, As for the rooms, each room has a full kitchen. Rooms are in generally good shape. Check out was efficient. A Denny's restaurant is nearby.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

After reading reviews about this hotel and it being recommended to me by a co-worker, I decided to check it out. The lady who checked me in was very nice.

The interior of the hotel is kind of old and the hallways seemed a bit dingy and not very homey. The room I was in was very large, with a couch and a small back bedroom, with a tv in the living room and bedroom. However, I did notice that the bathroom did not have a door, or if it was a door, it looked like a sliding door, but I could not pull it out.

But my biggest problem with the room was that the air conditioner did not flow into the bedroom. There is only one unit, which is in the living room, but no unit in the bedroom. There is a fan vent and I was told, after reporting the air issue, that the fan would blow air into the room after a few hours. So I left for a while to get some groceries and upon returning, the bedroom was still pretty hot and no air was flowing into the room. I called the front desk and spoke with a different lady. She was very nice as well and came up to the room to check out the problem. Nothing could be done about the air and maintenance was not available until Monday. I could not deal with a hot bedroom all weekend. There were no smaller rooms available until the following week. All that was available was a handicapped room, which I did not feel comfortable taking. So I decided to check out.

I appreciate the staff at Homestead trying to accomodate my needs while I was there. I am not sure if I will stay there again, but if I had to, I would get a smaller room without a bedroom.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, November 14, 2010
Caramelboo –

Thanks very much for reviewing your stay with us. Although I am glad to read that you enjoyed the service, I was disheartened to read that a problem with the air conditioning prompted you to check out. In the event that an issue such as yours arises, we typically have a maintenance person who is capable of fixing the problem. If it happens to be the case that no such resource is available, we provide our guests with an alternative room. Please accept my deepest apologies that we were unable to remedy the problem with yoru air conditioner. Regarding the bathroom entrance, I am sorry that it presented some difficulty; please know that our staff is eager to help you in these sorts of situations.

I do hope that the next time you are in the Phoenix area, you will consider giving us another chance to prove how committed we are to your satisfaction. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly, or contact us through our website, should you have any further concerns.
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

Pros: Great price. Clean and comfortable suite. More then I expected. Bring your swim suit, this place has a nice pool with southern exposure.
Cons: Located on a side street behind the Sheraton, so double check mapquest for directions.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Phoenix - Airport - Tempe. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Jacksonville, Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed our stay, it was very quiet. The contact we had with staff (contact was minimal) was all very positive and friendly. The rooms were very clean, Having the kitchenette was a real plus. It met all of our needs and the price was right.

Tom & Diane

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe, responded to this review, January 31, 2010

Lockport, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

First thing when opening the door was the musty smell. We had a room next to the pool and next to the vending machines which were very noisy all night. We could hear the compressor and water all night long, on top of the staff vacumming, and noisy other apartments.Walls are very thin. Bed matress was bad, all the furniture is old and chipped.
The appliances are all dented, scratched and old. The shower is very high with not a lot of water pressure. The silverware is old. The glasses are plastic. Old ugly cubboards with stains on them and crumbs in the cubboards. Our 4-cup coffee maker leaked, there is an old TV set, indoor outdoor old carpet. Just don't bother, no cheap price makes up for this place. Even the dogs were howling and barking during the night. They didn't like it either! Plus, its hard to find the hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - Tempe? Share your experiences!