“Staff Goes Above and Beyond” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Tempe
Kansas City, Missouri
“Staff Goes Above and Beyond”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Front desk was always above and beyond. Initially I thought I was going to be disappointed because the pool was warm and seemed dirty but it was over 100F outside.
The second day the pool had been cleaned and nice rolled towels set out. They piped in music for you and it was relaxing. Convenience store right next door if you need anything.
Good access to the interstate. Close enough to airport as well. Shuttle service was stellar, took me to a great sports bar with a great burger and great locals. I would probably stay again.
Room was decent, a bit older it seemed but clean enough. One big complaint are the pillows, way to soft. Overall a good choice in Tempe. Plenty of places to eat and grab a beer close by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
The pool is a wonderful place to relax and I am glad you found a great peace all around the area with us and our services! Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Waco, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family stayed in this hotel on our way back to Texas from our vacation in California. We always stay at Marriott brands because I'm a rewards member, but I guess I should have known better considering we got a rate of $79 a night....the old saying, you get what you pay for, definitely true in this case. Wasn't real excited about the location to begin with, however upon entering the hotel, I was greeted by Jordan and he was very polite, Unfortunately that is the only good thing I can say about our stay...I had requested a high floor, instead got a room on the first floor. There were no rooms available on a higher floor that would accommodate my family. Decided to let it go since it was later( around 8pm) getting checked in. As soon as we rounded the corner for the hallway a horrendous wet dog smell filled the air. As if that wasn't bad enough, we opened the door to our suite and get hit with the smell of cigarette smoke that had tried to be masked by cleaning, but not successful!! Pretty sure this is a non-smoking hotel.....it was awful!! The bed and pillows were extremely uncomfortable and breakfast the following morning left much to be desired. Needless to say, I am glad we were there less than 12 hours and I would not stay there again, no matter what the price!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate our reward members and love that you are in the Marriott family with us! It seems one imperfection after another really made this short stay with us not what you needed, and it is my honest word that I have worked with the teams to better reinforce our standards and goals that come down to pleasing our guests. I do hope that your faith in the brand can be mended, I would love to be the one to prove it to you when you come back and feel what so many of our regular guests love and won't go anywhere else!
Flagstaff, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here with my family for 4th of July weekend. The room was nice but a bit dirty around the pull out. My son ended up finding a cockroach and we brought it up to management after he accidentally bit into it as we were getting ready. Instead we were left feeling like it was our fault and we brought the bug with us into the room. Not once was it resolved only person we saw was the manager in charge of room cleaning. She said they clean everything and cant believe we found a bug that it would be brought up to higher. Of course we moved the couch and lamps ourselves to make sure there were no more surprises we did find more trash and bits of food under the couch. So besides this our night was great, the bed and complimentary bath items were great, breakfast staff did seemed overwhelmed, pool was small but did have a grill if you decide to cook out to relax by it.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the exits to not get "should have known better" look.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Oh my! It is true that not only humans are running into the comfort of the AC in the heat of a July in Arizona, but it certainly it not what anyone expects or should have to come across. It would be my pleaure to take care of you personally and make it the best experience for you and family, and I am sorry more was not done to make you feel more comfortable when you were still with us in Tempe. Look forward to making better memories with you!
Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel has a good location close to a mall and there are several restaurants in the surroundings. We had a room on the ground floor. The size was good but the condition was not on top. The socket at the bathroom mirror did not work, so I had to dry my hair in the kitchen area. The carpet was a bit stained and we had problem to connect to the internet at a couple of occations. We stayed for four nights an the breakfast was very good the first and the last day and the other days there were not so many different items on display.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your concerns and they are being addressed quickly! I do wonder if the breakfast variation you experienced was due to our SpringHill standard weekend changes, moving the fresh berries and deli section out and the ever so popular waffle station in. We hope to see you again soon and appreciate the review.
Fort Wayne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Arrived in the middle of a monsoon dust storm. Great staff only 69 for very large room with kitchen living and bedroom. Family of 4 super comfy!! Great breakfast very very clean and nice staff and pool

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Our first dust storm of the season definitely was an interesting way in! We are very glad that you arrived safely and still got to enjoy much of what we have to offer. Wishing you the best travels and hope to have you back again soon on a sunny day!
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel is nice, the amenities are nice, but nothing beats the staff. I have stayed here several times for business and every time I feel like I am greeted by a close friend. Just amazing people always willing to go the extra mile to make you feel better about having to be away from home.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
We certainly embrace the man who started our story here with Marriott and provided the great wisdom that happy staff take care of and make happy guests! We are glad to have such great people around us and trust me, you have made it to be part of our family. Thank you so much for the review!
Durango, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here when we went to Talking Stick for a couple of Rockies Baseball Spring training games. It was very convenient to get back and forth to the park. The rooms were clean and the staff pleasant. If we go next year to Spring training games at this park, we would stay at this location again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
We are glad to be a convenient location and look forward to having you back! Thank you for the review.

Been to SpringHill Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!