“Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Chicago, Illinois
“Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great location very close to Tempe Diablo Stadium went and saw numerous Angels spring training games. The hotel shuttle dropped us off and picked us up like celebrities no need for a car. Also very close to Mill avenue for some night life. Pool is great with cushioned chairs and music. Also a great fire pit next to the pool. Had a great time. Would recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Spring Training is a busy but so much fun season! I am glad you got some time to catch some great games and enjoy our amenities on property. Pool is getting even more popular now as the temperatures go up, but we will always save a seat for you! Thank you for the review and hopefully we get to be your Tempe host again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Riverside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Everything here was a disaster. Room assigned was not what I booked. Even the wrong room isn't as described with no wall between kitchen and bedroom. Alarm wasn't turned off by the maids so I had alarms going off at 5,6,7am. Extremely noisy hallway and door slamming. Absolutely no way to sleep in. The entire floor and rooms shakes when you walk. Was charged on my credit card twice with no explanation. Asked the staff about this and was given a BS circumlocuting response. Cannot recommend unless you can sleep through an earthquake.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for trying us out, and I would love to get some more information from you. We do not have suites at this hotel with dividing walls for privacy, and I need to find what website you found that description. Our sincere apologies about the noise issues you faced, and I would like to take care of you if you give me a call at the property to ensure your satisfaction and trust in our property. Safe travels and thank you for the review.
South Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I travel for a living and spend a good chunk of my year in Marriott properties across he country; this SpringHill has the best customer service I have encountered thus far! The hotel was full but my colleague and I were in a bind due to another hotel being booked up as well. Before the manager even knew that we were Platinum Elite, he offered us rooms and said that the details could be handled behind the scenes! When our rooms had to be changed, he called us and offered to personally move our things for us because we were at work. Everyone on staff that we have dealt with has been incredibly helpful and welcoming, just what we need while on the road for weeks and months at a time. I look forward to resting my eyes at this SpringHill Suites next time my work takes me to Tempe.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Wow we were definitely lucky to have you stay with us when your regular hotel was booked. Our customer service has been our number one success through the years and we love taking care of our guests! Thank you so much for the review and making us your #1 spot in Tempe for the future!
Ardsley, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We recently spent four nights at this hotel. It is was recently remodeled and very clean. The breakfast was excellent and the staff very helpful.( Sabrina and Ashley) The pool area had very comfortable chairs and even a shaded area. The motel is very conveniently located to the highways and getting to the airport was very easy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Our pool area has always been a getaway for our guests and I love working around it! Thank you so much for pointing out the excellene of Sabrina and Ashley, I will be sure to pass on the kudos to them as well as the rest of the team! Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We spent three nights at this SpringHill Suites and really enjoyed our stayed. The hotel staff was amazing and willing to go above and beyond to ensure satisfaction. Great location, clean rooms, good breakfast, and nice pool and fitness room are all added pluses. I would definitely select this hotel again when my travels take me to the Phoenix area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed and got to take advantage of all we have to offer! Our staff is out of this world and we look forward to your return! Thank you for the review.
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

There's much to like about this facility. Great location, decent rates, clean, professional staff. Only one word of warning. This hotel has become very popular for youth baseball teams. The kids are all well-behaved, but the breakfast buffet is a total zoo. Droves of hormonal boys stoke up on second, third and fourth helpings, while their parents (who also make sure to get their money's worth of food) loiter in the eating area. You will not enjoy that part of your experience on weekends youth baseball tournaments are taking place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
During the month of March when Spring Training for baseball is in full swing teams and fans with their families do fill the hotels. It is a very good tip to be down as early as possible during that season. Thank you for sharing and hope to have you back again soon!
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I'd probably give this 3.5 stars if I could. Its better than average, but I can't say "very good". Stayed for 1 night in Feb. I just feel the place could use some renovations. Not shabby, but not "wow".

General: Facilities are showing some wear. Carpets are stained in halls, walls have some scratches. Probably sounds worse than it is, but not "shiny and new" either.

Location: I'm going to go with convenient. Its close to the Arizona Mills outlet mall and 1 block to I-10, but I'm not sure if this is the best neighborhood or not. Just had a sense I wouldn't wander the streets at night. Hard to be sure from just 1 day.

Staff: Very friendly and accommodating. No issues at all.

Breakfast: Fine, but about average for mid-range hotel buffets.

Room: Again, good, but showing some wear. Biggest issue is the funny layout where you can't see the TV at all from the desk and hard to see it from the bed. This is a common issue with older Springhill suites. Bath tub had some wear and even a bit of rust on the fixtures. Sink area was fine, but style was very bland. Don't remember hearing the nearby freeway and I'm a fairly light sleeper.

Exercise room: Small, but machines have their own TV, which is always nicer. Again, a little better than average for this level hotel.

Room Tip: As always, I try to get rooms facing away from the freeway. One side does, one side doesn't.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at SpringHill Suites Tempe, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We are an older property, and are very excited to welcome our refresh as we move into Summer to take care of exactly what you pointed out in public hallways and in the suite restrooms that need some attention. Our location and staff are fantastic, and we hope that next time you are in the area you take notice to all the changes we are making to bring better and better experienes to our great guests!

Been to SpringHill Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!