“What a way to spend my birthday morning!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Ft Myers
“What a way to spend my birthday morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

The airline put me up because of a mix up. The room was just excellent the bed I didn't want to get out. Oh and the breakfast. I have been craving scrambled eggs and hashbrown potatoes . I tried to eat my way out. Lol. I didn t get a chance to see much, but what I did see was great.

• Stayed November 2013
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tempe, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Well I am glad as you were traveling and probably dissappointed in the airline that we made your Birthday great! Our amenities and services are top notch, and hope to have you again soon on something more planned so you can enjoy more! Thank you so much for the review.

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Beaverton, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have stayed in Towneplace Suites in many cities in the US and I felt this one fell short in a few areas.
- In the room the shower/tub had a very curved bottom that made it uncomfortable to stand in.
- The shower curtain was coming of the rings and kept falling off because the rings were seperated.
- Breakfast was sparce compared to what I'm used to. Much less variety.

With that said the staff was great, but with so many Marriott choices in the area I'll try a different hotel next time.

Room Tip: Outside rooms on the North ground floor and cars park right outside your window...that means unless...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tempe, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Good note about the tub, have not heard of that before but as we refinish them soon I will see what we can do! Our breakfast at our TownePlace Tempe location is above the brand standard since most do not provide the hot breakfast items, but I am sorry it still fell short in your book. Hopefully you will find it as a more perfect experience next time! Thank you for the review.
Cedar Crest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent stay at the Towne Place Suites in Tempe. Towne Place Suites provide a full kitchen (two burner stove-top, microwave and full-size refrigerator), a sitting area with a work desk and your choice of bed (we reserved a king). This particular property was very easy to locate.

The main building in the front of the property houses reception, a seating area, tables for breakfast and a light evening meal (available Monday – Thursday), a guest laundry and fitness center. Coffee and hot tea are available at the reception area 24 hours/day. Guest rooms are located in two three-story buildings (accessed via your room key) that are separated by a pool area which includes a BBQ for guest use. There’s ample parking at the front and back of the property.

On the night we stayed at the hotel, the evening meal was two hot soups – both delicious. Wine and beer were also available. Everything was self-service but an attendant was present to make sure the dishes remained full and she also brought out hot garlic bread during the evening. The menu varies nightly (a calendar on the refrigerator lists what is served during the month).

The following morning we enjoyed a great breakfast. Items included scrambled eggs, miniature omelets, breakfast meats, a waffle-maker, cold cereals, yogurt, various breads, coffee, juice and milk (including fat free milk). It was a great selection and an attendant was present again to make sure all items were fully stocked.

In summary, we had a great stay and will be returning to the Towne Place Suites when we next visit the Phoenix area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tempe, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and letting everyone know about us! The details you provided about our quality and attentive staff is what we love providing everyday to every guest, and are so lucky to have reviewers like you share the experience. Thank you again very much and we are so happy to have left the best impression!
Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for three nights recently. The manager, Josh Thomas and his team are the happiest, smiliest people that I have ever found in an Hotel. The rooms are nicely appointed, some face the pool. The beds are amazingly comfortable. They are also very high and I almost felt the need to burst into a verse of "Climb every mountain each night as I clambered in.... However, once I'd managed it I had an amazingly comfortable night's sleep- unusual for me as I have a bad back . Breakfast was great and snacks offered Mon- Thurs evenings.
The only down point was that the airport shuttle does not run at weekends and this is not stated on the website.
The TownPlace brand is described as a "mid-priced extended stay hotel brand". If I was having to stay away from home I couldn't think of a better place to be than here.
Plus it is just five minutes walk to Arizona Mills Shopping Centre where you can shop till you drop!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda_L_Marshall, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tempe, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Josh and the entire team here are real treats for us as managers, and all the fun we have together we love seeing rub off on our loyal guests. Thank you so much for being here with us, and I hope you found lots of great stuff at the wonderful Arizona Mills Mall across the street!
Midlothian, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were on a roadtrip from CA (Disneyland) back home to Texas. This was our stop for our first night. We were very pleased. Clean, large rooms, nice kitchen (real kitchen, not just a tiny space). We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was a very good size. The front desk person was very nice and friendly. Made me feel welcomed. Breakfast was good, several choices. There were other families having breakfast at the same time, and we chatted back and forth. I very pleasant experience. Will definitely stay at a TownePlace Suites again in the future. Good value.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite is spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Who doesn't love Disneyland?! I am so glad to hear that you and family had a wonderful trip all around, and hopefully you can recommend us to your friends planning the same adventure! Thank you and stay cool in Texas!
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

From the moment of check in everybody was super friendly. I was hot and thirsty and I asked for the price of the sodas in the cooler. They told me two dollars and then they said go in and take one. Wasn't that a nice surprise? Then I went up to my room and it was perfect. Clean, neat and everything I needed. I didn't need a full kitchen but there was one. That would be super nice for families staying a while. There was a gym, laundry facilities, free dinner with beer and wine and the typical free breakfast. I would stay there again no problem. And I'm pretty darn picky. It didn't hurt that Priceline got me the room for $48.

• Stayed June 2013
There really is no other staff better than what we have here at TownePlace Suites Tempe! They love surprising people and making every moment richer, which is definitely how you were after Priceline took your reservation! We appreciate the business, just remember you always have more flexibility when you travel booking directly with Marriott. Either way, thank you!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip and had no problems. Air conditioning was able to keep up with the record heat. Rooms and corridors were a bit rickety, but was the expected quality of a Townplace Suites. Traffic was not bad and there is easy access to I-10.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for the review! It really means a lot to hear from the world's most frequent travelers. Hope to see you again soon!

Been to TownePlace Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!