“Very nice property in Tempe (Phoenix area)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Cedar Crest
“Very nice property in Tempe (Phoenix area)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent stay at the Towne Place Suites in Tempe. Towne Place Suites provide a full kitchen (two burner stove-top, microwave and full-size refrigerator), a sitting area with a work desk and your choice of bed (we reserved a king). This particular property was very easy to locate.

The main building in the front of the property houses reception, a seating area, tables for breakfast and a light evening meal (available Monday – Thursday), a guest laundry and fitness center. Coffee and hot tea are available at the reception area 24 hours/day. Guest rooms are located in two three-story buildings (accessed via your room key) that are separated by a pool area which includes a BBQ for guest use. There’s ample parking at the front and back of the property.

On the night we stayed at the hotel, the evening meal was two hot soups – both delicious. Wine and beer were also available. Everything was self-service but an attendant was present to make sure the dishes remained full and she also brought out hot garlic bread during the evening. The menu varies nightly (a calendar on the refrigerator lists what is served during the month).

The following morning we enjoyed a great breakfast. Items included scrambled eggs, miniature omelets, breakfast meats, a waffle-maker, cold cereals, yogurt, various breads, coffee, juice and milk (including fat free milk). It was a great selection and an attendant was present again to make sure all items were fully stocked.

In summary, we had a great stay and will be returning to the Towne Place Suites when we next visit the Phoenix area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda_L_Marshall, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tempe, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and letting everyone know about us! The details you provided about our quality and attentive staff is what we love providing everyday to every guest, and are so lucky to have reviewers like you share the experience. Thank you again very much and we are so happy to have left the best impression!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for three nights recently. The manager, Josh Thomas and his team are the happiest, smiliest people that I have ever found in an Hotel. The rooms are nicely appointed, some face the pool. The beds are amazingly comfortable. They are also very high and I almost felt the need to burst into a verse of "Climb every mountain each night as I clambered in.... However, once I'd managed it I had an amazingly comfortable night's sleep- unusual for me as I have a bad back . Breakfast was great and snacks offered Mon- Thurs evenings.
The only down point was that the airport shuttle does not run at weekends and this is not stated on the website.
The TownPlace brand is described as a "mid-priced extended stay hotel brand". If I was having to stay away from home I couldn't think of a better place to be than here.
Plus it is just five minutes walk to Arizona Mills Shopping Centre where you can shop till you drop!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda_L_Marshall, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tempe, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Josh and the entire team here are real treats for us as managers, and all the fun we have together we love seeing rub off on our loyal guests. Thank you so much for being here with us, and I hope you found lots of great stuff at the wonderful Arizona Mills Mall across the street!
Midlothian, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were on a roadtrip from CA (Disneyland) back home to Texas. This was our stop for our first night. We were very pleased. Clean, large rooms, nice kitchen (real kitchen, not just a tiny space). We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was a very good size. The front desk person was very nice and friendly. Made me feel welcomed. Breakfast was good, several choices. There were other families having breakfast at the same time, and we chatted back and forth. I very pleasant experience. Will definitely stay at a TownePlace Suites again in the future. Good value.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite is spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Who doesn't love Disneyland?! I am so glad to hear that you and family had a wonderful trip all around, and hopefully you can recommend us to your friends planning the same adventure! Thank you and stay cool in Texas!
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

From the moment of check in everybody was super friendly. I was hot and thirsty and I asked for the price of the sodas in the cooler. They told me two dollars and then they said go in and take one. Wasn't that a nice surprise? Then I went up to my room and it was perfect. Clean, neat and everything I needed. I didn't need a full kitchen but there was one. That would be super nice for families staying a while. There was a gym, laundry facilities, free dinner with beer and wine and the typical free breakfast. I would stay there again no problem. And I'm pretty darn picky. It didn't hurt that Priceline got me the room for $48.

• Stayed June 2013
There really is no other staff better than what we have here at TownePlace Suites Tempe! They love surprising people and making every moment richer, which is definitely how you were after Priceline took your reservation! We appreciate the business, just remember you always have more flexibility when you travel booking directly with Marriott. Either way, thank you!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip and had no problems. Air conditioning was able to keep up with the record heat. Rooms and corridors were a bit rickety, but was the expected quality of a Townplace Suites. Traffic was not bad and there is easy access to I-10.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for the review! It really means a lot to hear from the world's most frequent travelers. Hope to see you again soon!
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel one night on the way to Anaheim. Noelle at the front desk was the most helpful person I have seen at a hotel in a long while. She went out of her way to be friendly and helpful. The pool was cool and inviting. The room was spacious and clean. I will choose this hotel again next time I am in Tempe or Phoenix.

• Stayed March 2013
Stephanie R, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tempe, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your great comments and for staying with us! I am happy we could accommodate you and that Noel was such a great help. I will definitely share this review with her. Thank you again!
Chicago, Il.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here for Spring Training. Got moved here from the Springhill Suites because of overbooking. No problem, it was right next door. A little delay at the front desk. Big, nicely done lobby with a big TV, fireplace and very helpful wall map of nearby shopping, restaurants, churches. Our "king" studio had a comfy queen, not a king. Giant desk, big closet, clean bathroom, nicely done small kitchen. We don't watch TV in bed, so it was not an issue for us, but the TV was placed so you couldn't see it from the bed. Our room overlooked the pool and courtyard. The pool was full of kids but, with the window closed, we could not hear a thing. Breakfast was a bit chaotic with so many families. The usual offerings, fruit, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, waffles. Skip the bacon, I don't what they did to it (microwaved??). To the person who said there was a ghetto a few blocks away, we drove through it and it seemed to be perfectly safe, just a lower income family neighborhood. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with the windows open, ask for a room not overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!