“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Midlothian, Texas
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were on a roadtrip from CA (Disneyland) back home to Texas. This was our stop for our first night. We were very pleased. Clean, large rooms, nice kitchen (real kitchen, not just a tiny space). We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was a very good size. The front desk person was very nice and friendly. Made me feel welcomed. Breakfast was good, several choices. There were other families having breakfast at the same time, and we chatted back and forth. I very pleasant experience. Will definitely stay at a TownePlace Suites again in the future. Good value.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite is spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Amanda_L_Marshall, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tempe, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Who doesn't love Disneyland?! I am so glad to hear that you and family had a wonderful trip all around, and hopefully you can recommend us to your friends planning the same adventure! Thank you and stay cool in Texas!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

From the moment of check in everybody was super friendly. I was hot and thirsty and I asked for the price of the sodas in the cooler. They told me two dollars and then they said go in and take one. Wasn't that a nice surprise? Then I went up to my room and it was perfect. Clean, neat and everything I needed. I didn't need a full kitchen but there was one. That would be super nice for families staying a while. There was a gym, laundry facilities, free dinner with beer and wine and the typical free breakfast. I would stay there again no problem. And I'm pretty darn picky. It didn't hurt that Priceline got me the room for $48.

• Stayed June 2013
There really is no other staff better than what we have here at TownePlace Suites Tempe! They love surprising people and making every moment richer, which is definitely how you were after Priceline took your reservation! We appreciate the business, just remember you always have more flexibility when you travel booking directly with Marriott. Either way, thank you!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip and had no problems. Air conditioning was able to keep up with the record heat. Rooms and corridors were a bit rickety, but was the expected quality of a Townplace Suites. Traffic was not bad and there is easy access to I-10.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for the review! It really means a lot to hear from the world's most frequent travelers. Hope to see you again soon!
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel one night on the way to Anaheim. Noelle at the front desk was the most helpful person I have seen at a hotel in a long while. She went out of her way to be friendly and helpful. The pool was cool and inviting. The room was spacious and clean. I will choose this hotel again next time I am in Tempe or Phoenix.

• Stayed March 2013
Stephanie R, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tempe, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your great comments and for staying with us! I am happy we could accommodate you and that Noel was such a great help. I will definitely share this review with her. Thank you again!
Chicago, Il.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here for Spring Training. Got moved here from the Springhill Suites because of overbooking. No problem, it was right next door. A little delay at the front desk. Big, nicely done lobby with a big TV, fireplace and very helpful wall map of nearby shopping, restaurants, churches. Our "king" studio had a comfy queen, not a king. Giant desk, big closet, clean bathroom, nicely done small kitchen. We don't watch TV in bed, so it was not an issue for us, but the TV was placed so you couldn't see it from the bed. Our room overlooked the pool and courtyard. The pool was full of kids but, with the window closed, we could not hear a thing. Breakfast was a bit chaotic with so many families. The usual offerings, fruit, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, waffles. Skip the bacon, I don't what they did to it (microwaved??). To the person who said there was a ghetto a few blocks away, we drove through it and it seemed to be perfectly safe, just a lower income family neighborhood. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with the windows open, ask for a room not overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Granada Hills, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

there are some good aspects of this hotel...the location is close to shopping and restaurants, the front desk is friendly and they have a social hour. What I didn't care for is the apartment
student housing like atmosphere, no room range on the outside of the building(I spent 10 min trying to find my room), whatever someone is cooking the whole floor smells like it, being placed by the noisy elevator, not all lights working, one trash can in a 1 bedroom suite that's in the kitchen, noisy AC and a low bathroom sink... 30 inches. All I was able to get at breakfast was a piece of fruit most of the selection needed restocking. This hotel seems to be a place ideal for students and I saw a few families with school age children, it will be fine for most...just not for me.

Room Tip: do not get a room by the elevator
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Everyone that I came in contact with at this property was super friendly and incredibly helpful! The room was very clean and comfortable! Josh (overnight front desk guy) was especially friendly and he went out of his way to help me numerous times (with things such as helping my friend & I fit luggage into a very small sports car, etc)... I was amazed at the level of service I received at this hotel. I will, without a doubt, be staying there again the next time I am in the Phoenix/Tempe area, which will hopefully be soon! Thank you for such a wonderful stay and give Josh a raise! He deserves it! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to TownePlace Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!