“Excellent value for the price. Excellent location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1520 West Baseline Road, Tempe, AZ 85283 (Formerly AmeriSuites Tempe/Arizona Mills)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Sparks, Nevada
“Excellent value for the price. Excellent location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Was in town for a conference being held at the Arizona Grand Resort. Arizona Grand Resort is a fine hotel for those who golf, but since I don't, I chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express, which is a short walk away and over a $100/night cheaper. Room was large, comfortable, and clean. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Staff was friendly. The breakfast buffet was good but crowded in the morning. Location is next a large shopping center. If you choose not to rent a car, public transportation to and from the airport was a breeze. There is no free airport shuttle provided.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Donald K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are so pleased your stay with us was great! We look forward to any future stays you may have with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Here for business and impressed with value. I've stayed here a dozen times and it is consistently the same. It's within walking distance to Claim Jumper (very good happy hour), Joe's Crab Shack and Arizona Mills Mall.

• Stayed April 2013
Donald K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your consistent stays with us. We appreciate our valued guests. We really appreciate the time you took to share your comments regarding our hotel. I have shared your comments with our staff and look forward to all future stays you have with us!
IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Clean hotel, nothing major I would complain about. It was a busy weekend, so there was nowhere to sit at breakfast, but that's not the worst thing in the world. The staff was very friendly and cooperative. My minor gripe would be the vending machines - $2 for a 12oz can of pop, and the snacks machine was equally overpriced, and also had many items being sold well after the expiration date.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The location of the Holiday Inn Express Tempe on the grounds of the Arizona Mills Mall was wonderful for access to shopping, restaurants and movie theaters. The staff was very accommodating for directions and other extras we needed. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and the fresh coffee and cookies in the afternoon were a nice touch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Window Rock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had booked several rooms, or so we thought, and when our group arrived we were told that we didn't have reservations. Rather than try to help us, the manager tried to "blame" us by saying that it was all our fault. Having talked to the person who had taken our reservations, this person had given the info to the manager. Who knows what happened to it from there. I refuse to stay at this hotel and do not recommend it to anyone who happen to have large groups of 30 or more. I complained to the coporate office, but all that happened was that they had the manager contact me and he wanted to know what he could do? I replied that there was nothing he could do now, if he wanted to help us, he should have done it the night we needed help. It was a "nightmare" and the worst experience I have ever had.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Donald K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Our policies have since changed for group bookings.
St Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My Wife and I stayed at this property for 1 night in late January 2013. What a pleasant surprise it was. It's on the outlying lot of the Mills mall, which was very convenient when it came time to do some shopping. The room was large and well laid out. The wifi was nice and quick, and the front desk staff very coureous and attentive. The stay was brief, but I would still rate this a perfect place for any occasion. The breakfast was very good, lots of hot choices, and plenty of options to choose from. If I ever get back to this part of the country, I'll book a room at this hotel because of it's proximity to the interstate, the Airport, and the Mills Mall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last May, and decided to give it another go. I have to admit, my last stay here was less than stellar. However, they have raised the quality of the quality of the Breakfast service, which was a pleasant surprise. I had booked a room for a collogue, but he did not receive my communication, and booked at another hotel. I was able to cancel without any penalty, which I really appreciated! I was also upgraded to a better room without asking as I am a Priority Club member. I would definitely return with no hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall
#13 of 47 in Tempe
4.0 of 5 stars 86 reviews
SpringHill Suites Tempe
Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!