I wanted to lovvvvve my stay here. I booked 4 rooms with the most fantastic person in the world, the manager Louise, and everything went off without a hitch. The staff here is decent (except the shuttle bus driver...but I'll get to that). The hotel itself is clean and quiet for the most part, so if you're just looking for a place to sleep, you'll be happy.
Let's start off with my least favorite person/people on the trip...The shuttle bus driver. The man does NOTHING all day. We were in a group of 8 and we asked for a shuttle ride 3 times and were denied 3 times. The first time, 2 people flew into the airport and needed a ride to the hotel, they called the hotel and they said that "he didn't show up for work" but if they took a cab, they would be reimbursed. Well, that was nice and much appreciated by them. The second time we tried to utilize the shuttle was to take us to Hohokam, but the shuttle bus driver said he "might be to busy to take us". Ummm, isn't that your job? I mean, to take people places. I was promised by the hotel that you would take us there...but you're too busy to do your job? That's cool...why don't you just keep sitting there eating breakfast ALL morning (I'll get to that...). The third time we needed to use the shuttle was to take 2 people to the airport the night that they were flying out. We called down to arrange and again were told that the driver didn't show up. Wow. Fire him! The whole 6 days we stayed there, I saw the shuttle van move one time. ONCE!!!
Next up, breakfast. Anywhere in the Phoenix metro is going to be slam-jammed in March. Us baseball fans will pack your hotel, as a matter of face it will probably be at 100% capacity during March. If you offer breakfast, have enough food. Every single day, our hotel ran out of certain things. Little milk cartons, biscuits (they had gravy...the breakfast lady told me to use regular bread. haha. a-hole), cinnamon rolls, bananas, pancake batter, sausage, bacon, eggs, etc. Those are just a few of the things they kept running out of while I was there for 6 days. One thing I noticed that the shuttle bus driver actually did well was (and probably what kept him SO busy) eat breakfast all morning. Yup, the same stuff that they were running out of, was being chowed down by the lazy bus driver. I can't stand a lazy person who just takes advantage of stuff. He's useless.
The pool at the hotel is small and doesn't look like it was cleaned in ages. I'm sure it was, but seriously I wouldn't even dip my toe in there, that's how disgusted I was.
I booked 4 King rooms, but we only got 2 king rooms. The other two were queen rooms. Again, very disappointed that we all didn't get the rooms that were originally booked.
Ummm yeah... Sadly I won't be staying here again. Besides Louise, everything was a huge fail in my book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New in 2012, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe - University is exquisitely designed in modern styling. With convenient access to I-10, we are within walking distance to Arizona State University as well as the popular Mill Street District featuring a wide variety of shopping and restaurants. Guests will appreciate our close proximity to Tempe Town Lake, Tempe Market Street that has some of the well know names all in walking distance and the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. In addition we are located not to far from many corporate business such as Limelight networks, US Airways headquarters, Microsoft, Rockford Fosgate, Hybrid Designs, Quiktrip Division office, First Solar, and Salt River Project to name a few. Coming to town for Spring training? We are located closely to the ballfields. So the next time you are traveling to Tempe Arizona how about giving the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University a try.We now have a complimentary shuttle that will run our guest to different venues within a certain mile radius of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tempe Arizonia - Asu Hotel Tempe
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tempe Arizonia - Asu
- Comfort Inn At Asu
- Comfort Inn Tempe
- Tempe Comfort Inn