This hotel is located close to the ASU campus and light rail, which made it very convenient to get around. The fitness center, while small, had nice equipment that functioned well. The outdoor pool and hot tub were the perfect temperature, even in January.
The staff, while friendly, was less than attentive at times. When we arrived at 2:40 p.m., the first thing out of the desk agent's mouth was a rather abrupt, "check in isn't until 4 p.m. but I can see if we have any clean rooms." It was as if we were being reprimanded for showing up before the "official" check-in time. Since we were there only 1 hour and 20 minutes before 4, I felt that was uncalled-for. There are more tactful ways to approach that situation, especially since there were clean rooms available. Moot point, so why potentially antagonize the guest for no reason? First impressions can go a long way.
Also, another disappointment was the absence of the signature cinnamon rolls at breakfast. They are wonderful and something I look forward to when staying at Holiday Inn Express. Unfortunately, they seemed to have run out early prior to the next food delivery. The initial staff person that I approached was very matter-of-fact and not apologetic at all. They just seemed poorly prepared, as many of the breakfast items were still being stocked well after guests began arriving for breakfast. Also, while not a huge deal, this property did not provide the evening cookies that many Holiday Inn Express hotels do. Another small touch that was missing that can be a nice end to one's day.
I would probably stay here again because of the convenient location, but I would have lower expectations for service and amenities.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tempe Arizonia - Asu Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Tempe Arizonia - Asu
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tempe Arizonia - Asu Hotel Tempe
- Comfort Inn At Asu
- Comfort Inn Tempe
- Tempe Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New in 2012, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe - University is exquisitely designed in modern styling. With convenient access to I-10, we are within walking distance to Arizona State University as well as the popular Mill Street District featuring a wide variety of shopping and restaurants. Guests will appreciate our close proximity to Tempe Town Lake, Tempe Market Street that has some of the well know names all in walking distance and the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. In addition we are located not to far from many corporate business such as Limelight networks, US Airways headquarters, Microsoft, Rockford Fosgate, Hybrid Designs, Quiktrip Division office, First Solar, and Salt River Project to name a few. Coming to town for Spring training? We are located closely to the ballfields. So the next time you are traveling to Tempe Arizona how about giving the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University a try.We now have a complimentary shuttle that will run our guest to different venues within a certain mile radius of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.