“Stay in Tempe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1031 East Apache Boulevard, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Tempe University Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Parma, Ohio, United States
“Stay in Tempe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Within walking distance to the university, also close to several restaurants. I asked them to downgrade me to two queens from a king and it was no problem. My room was immaculate. it looked like a brand new hotel. Shower and sink were clean. Didn't turn on the tv but used internet and had no problem. Lots of towels. Very quiet, very comfortable. The breakfast included hot and cold choices, with juices and coffee/tea. The night manager, Davin, was very professional, friendly and so helpful.He got my a cab arranged for a 5 o'clock departure to the airport. Nice price and value.

Room Tip: Quiet and within walking distance of the university. Stayed on 2nd floor and the elevator was alway...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Angie M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Lis K ~

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix University Tempe.

We are pretty proud of property as we recently won the 2012 IHG Renoviation award. I will pass along the kind comments about Davin.

You did mention that you had a cab called for you. Well, when you stay with us again if you are in Tempe we now have a complimentary shuttle that will be able to take you to the airport.

Thanks again!

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Big Sky Country
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were upgraded to a King Suite which was a very ample space. The staff was friendly, the bed very comfortable, the room clean and inviting, no issues with the internet. Breakfast was as expected, hot and tasty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Angie M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Shediver ~

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our property. We love to hear what our guest have to say about our property. We are glad you found our staff to be friendly. We hope that the next time you are traveling through Tempe you will think of us again.

Rancho Cordova, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Well here we are in Tempe this week, and at another Holiday inn. I have to say I had a wonderful night sleep. We got here in the late afternoon in the heat of the day. Check in went well. got to our room, and it was very nice. We had a King suite, and it was roomy. As I said I had a very good night sleep. The room was cool, and quiet.
My husband had to work, so I had a day planned at the pool with a book. I went down to the pool, it was green. Not good, but that's was ok, I could still go back to the room with my book and read. Then the tv went out. I know I was reading, but I like background noise. It was out for about 1/2 hour then it was all ok.
All in all, it was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Angie M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
leahtots ~

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw! We love to hear what our guest have to say. We are glad you got a wonderful night and got the sleep you needed. We appreciate the comments you had about the pool as it gives us direction on improvement.

We look forward in having you as a guest in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I've been staying at holiday inn on business for 5 years now. This was the best stay so far. Very nice rooms, Nice flat screen tv, nice and cold A/C unit. Very comfortable bed and pillows, and most of all, its nice and quiet! Friendly staff. I always have a great experience when i'm in Arizona and at holiday inn. Dont let the construction on Rural rd and Apache Rd. discourage you (June of 2012). Your close to all the malls and restaurants. Thanks again and keep up the great work.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Angie M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Drives2much ~

I am very happy to read the comment about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels!

Mount Vernon, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was there in early June '12. The hotel is a very nice basic hotel. Clean, quiet, basic breakfast, A/C works well, etc. The staff was very friendly. The biggest downside was slow (but steady) wireless internet connection. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Angie M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear JP W ~

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We value what our guest have to say about our property. We are glad you found our hotel to be a nice property. It is also good to hear that you thought it was clean, quitet and that the AC works. We strive to matain a great product for our guest.

I am sorry to hear about the internet and will make sure these comments are passed along to our internet provider.

We look forward in having you as a guest again the next time your travel needs bring you to Tempe.

B&T Hospitality Management.
Garden Grove, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I'm a IHG employee and have used IHG hotels many times in other city's and country's and never have I had trouble like I had this weekend. I requested 2 room's and 2 bed's in each bed, I got a confirmation email the night before that showed what I reserved and when we arrived only got one bed in each room. I know it was a busy weekend but I know how the hotel business works, the next morning I talked to the front desk and GM and asked if we can store our bag's with them and to save us 2 rooms with 2 beds in them. I know some room's were going to check out and we could of taking those but neither of them were helpful or even gave u a reason to not help us. They just kept saying No and No. I'v stayed in at least 14 IHG hotels in my life and this is the worst customer service I have seen. The hotel, rooms, and beds are very nice but the employees are horrible.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Angie M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Raymond V

Thank you so much for your review! I am sorry that you had trouble with your recent stay at our property. We try to accommodate all request and am sorry that your request wasn't taken care of. We value all of our guest and want them to feel like they are coming home.

We hire a team that gives 100 percent and it looks like we slipped on your stay. I will make sure the General Manager and the rest of the team read your comments and we hope that you will give us another chance when in Tempe.

If you have any other questions or concerns you would like to discuss please feel free to email me at angie@bthospitalitymanagement.com

Rancho Cucamonga, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Had some stuff stolen out of my luggage my the maid and had to have the police come out. Staff were not overly concerned, nor did they show a sense of urgency. 3 days later and still no call or email from mgmt to apologize or tell me that my things were recovered-the police did call to say my things were found hidden in the laundry room along with other guests' possessions. Probably have to head back to AZ from CA to get my stuff because it's been booked in as evidence, but who knows when. This is the short version, believe me, but needless to say I will never patronize this chain again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Angie M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback as it gives us direction on areas that need improvement. I am sorry what you experienced. This isn't typical at our hotel. I do know that both the General Manager and our Operations Manager is working on this issue.

We do hope that will give us a second chance if you are back in the Tempe area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Phoenix Tempe University? Share your experiences!