“Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 South Priest Drive, Tempe, AZ 85282 (Formerly Fiesta Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Labor Day Weekend
Ranked #11 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

One of the best in Tempe.
The hotel facilities are excellent and staff are very friendly.
Rooms are with a nice view to the pool or the mountain.
One of the best features in the hotel is the simple layout. You can park your car very close to your room.
A special thanks to Mr. Albert the restaurant manger for his friendly hospitality.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have just returned from spending a week in DoubleTree by Hilton while on business in the area. The location was convenient for my office and only a short drive from the airport (took 5 minutes for the hotel shuttle to drop me off on my return). Other than the hotel restaurant and a couple of fast food establishments there isn't much around and a car is needed. A taxi ride from/to downtown Tempe was around $10.

The service was great. All staff were friendly and extremely helpful and the warm cookie on arrival was a great touch and very welcome! I found my room and all public areas (including gym and pool) clean at all times. The room itself was spacious with a comfortable bed, desk and good wifi connection (I used skype for video calls during my stay and did not have any issues). The air conditioning unit was very effective however it was also very loud, with no option of changing the fan speed. This made it difficult to sleep or even talk on the phone with it on.

The breakfast selection in the restaurant was good, raning from scrambled eggs and bacon to steelcut oats and fruit. The room service menu, on the other hand, was fairly limited and the "healthy breakfast" option featured a cup of fruit (strawberries in my case) was loaded with sugar (granola, sweetened yoghurt, a croissant, two muffins).

Orem, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The staff was helpful and very kind. They had an excellent shuttle service, very willing to drop us off and pick up when needed and was a timely manner. The pool was clean and the poolside service was good. The price was very reasonable. Just like they advertise there was a warm cookie when we checked in (that was my partners favorite part). There was a small problem and the corrected it right away. The food was good. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Baltimore, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This motel changed hands to Double Tree less than one year ago. They hand out a cookie but have a ways to go to become Double Tree quality. I booked a double queen room and received a king + sleeper sofa with 2 free drink coupons due to lack of double queen rooms. My child did not feel the value while sleeping on the pull out instead of a bed. The room air unit was loud and had trouble keeping up with the desert heat. There is no room safe offered. The lighting in the room could be brighter. There are many light bulbs out in the walk ways and stairs. The pool needs some work on it's decking, but the positive is that it is up to 9 foot deep. I did find the staff very nice and helpful. Cleanliness definitely tops.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ian H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Tempe, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Michael S-thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We are very sorry that we could not honor your request for a room with two queen beds. We have address this with our front desk team and we appreciate your feedback as we are constantly striving to improve our guests’ experience. We hope you will give us a second chance and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Tempe.

Kind Regards,
Ian Hawthorne
Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Decent hotel. The A/C worked but was extremely loud. The A/C was so loud I even tried to go without it (Yes, in Tempe, AZ in August). I like that the fitness center was 24hrs and the equipment was very good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michael M-thank you for your quick review of our hotel. We apologized that you encounter some issues with your in room AC. We have address this with our Chief Engineer to ensure the issue is resolved and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Ian Hawthorne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

They were very nice to get me from airport and made me feel welcome. Driver was at the airport when expected. Since I missed the connection, my bags made it home. When I got there, good rate and nice hotel. Ask for some toiletries since I didn't have any. Got the tooth brush, paste, and razor. No deodorant and ask for some. Said it was in the gift shop next door and was for sale. Picked up the Speed Stick small one application size. Ask how much? $3.00. Ask if I wanted to put on the room charge. Late and didn't argue and didn't care. But $3.00 for deodorant! Really? I didn't ask about soap.

Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

First off let me say the staff we dealt with were all great. But for the first time in a long time I felt uncomfortable in a hotel. I had asked for an accessible room with a king bed and a walk in shower. /my husband has serious mobility issues It's important for us to be close to parking, preferably on the first floor. They stuck us in a room at the back of the building where our access was next to the dumpsters and loading dock. Smelled like sewage and rotten garbage. The grounds in that area looked grubby and un kept. The side walks had yard debris and were uneven which is not a good thing for someone who has mobility issues. The lighting was terrible and there was some guy selling stuff out of the back of his car. It did not feel safe to walk from car to the room. The room itself was ok,but looked pretty beat up and the carpet had not been vacuumed. It smelled like mildew and smoke. No king bed available if you want an accessible room

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.