This would be just an average hotel, but the location, service, and courtyard elevate it a step above average:
- Close to Phoenix airport but not too close
- Close to light rail
- Close to Phoenix Municipal Stadium for spring training games
- Shopping and restaurants within walking distance
- Hiking in Hayden Buttes Preserve accessible from the parking lot
- The courtyard is planted with orange trees--they smell fantastic and the scent permeates the entire lobby
- Room was very clean and the carpet was in excellent shape
- The staff was very friendly and helpful
- Our room was very quiet--no noise from our neighbors or from the St. Patrick's Day celebration on the street (although we were not in a street-facing room, so this also probably minimized the noise).
- Nice common areas to hang out in. The courtyard was lovely with flowering vines, the orange trees, a firepit, and a fountain. Also, a nice patio area upstairs near the pool with planters filled with succulents.
A few negatives:
- It is nice that the fitness center looks out onto the patio area behind the pool, but it seems a little small for a hotel of this size. Also the equipment was a little subpar--the treadmills definitely need an upgrade.
- No-slip adhesives in bathtub--hate those things, they always look disgusting
- The hotel is showing a little wear, the hallways smelled a little musty, the lobby is starting to look a little worn, paint in bathroom could use some touch-ups
- The parking situation was annoying. The hotel has self-parking but it seemed complicated and they discouraged using it, instead encouraging us to use the valet parking. The valets were very quick and there wasn't a charge for it, the only problem was that you have to tip the valets (which the front desk was careful to mention to us when we checked in). It would have been one thing if we could have just tipped once at the end of our trip, but there doesn't seem to be any provision for this--we had to tip every time we picked up our car. This meant we needed to maintain an endless supply of $1 bills (an inconvenience) and with leaving and returning several times a day for various activities, at $2-$3 a pop, the tips start to add up. There is a resort fee, it would have been nice if this fee covered tips for the valet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Tempe Mission Palms, located in the Mill Avenue District of Downtown Tempe and only 4.5 Miles East of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Guests of the hotel can choose from our guestroom and suite accommodations , with elegant interiors designed to reflect the sprawling rose-colored deserts of the Phoenix, Arizona area. Featuring a variety of comfortable amenities and plush furnishings, our guestrooms and suites can accommodate couples, larger families and business travelers. RESTAURANTS & DINING: Serving our guests and the local community, our in-house Mission Grille serves traditional American and international cuisine. Diners can relax in the restaurant's elegant atmosphere and savor from a selection of artfully prepared dishes. The Mission Grille's regional cuisine gives our guests a taste of the special Southwestern fare iconic of the area, while Harry's Lounge is the meeting spot for enjoying cocktails and beers with friends and colleagues. TEMPE, PHOENIX & SCOTTSDALE ATTRACTIONS: Tempe's dry, sun-drenched days create the perfect environment for lounging on the terrace of our heated, roof-top pool, relaxing in a bubbling whirlpool or maintaining your exercise regime in our fitness center. Or take a break from the sun and head into the nearby downtown Tempe area or take a short drive to Phoenix or Scottsdale, dotted with shopping, restaurants, culture and special events. Our hotel Concierge can assist you in reserving a spa treatment, tee time or tickets for a local sporting event. •4 Miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport•5 Miles from Scottsdale, Arizona•7 Miles from Phoenix, Arizona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Tempe Mission Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tempe Mission Palms Hotel Tempe
- Mission Palms Hotel Tempe
- Mission Palms Tempe