I booked my 2-night stay at the TMP through a 3rd party travel site for a business trip. I specifically called the hotel the morning of my arrival to let them know I would be checking in late (10pm) since I had a late flight that day. When I arrived, the front desk mgr very apologetically told me that they had no rooms left because other guests who had been scheduled to check out that day decided not to. Needless to say, I was VERY disappointed (though they can't be blamed for people not checking out). Fortunately, the TMP staff had already made arrangements (including payment) for me to spend the night at a hotel down the street and shuttled me over there immediately (leaving my car conveniently valet parked at the TMP free of charge). They also gave me a breakfast voucher and a drink coupon for my troubles.
The next day I called the TMP before leaving the office to make sure there was a room for me that night and thankfully there was. Shortly after getting to my room the hotel sent up a complimentary cheese tray with a hand-written note of apology, again for my troubles the night before. And about 2 weeks after my trip I received an even more amazing "apology" from the TMP by way of a complete REFUND for my first night's stay! WOW!!!
The hotel itself is very nice. The corner room I received for my one night was very large, clean and beautifully updated. The bed was very comfortable. My room was on the 4th floor so all was quiet through the night. And I cannot say enough good things about every staff member I interacted with while at the TMP!!! This hotel has, by far, the friendliest and most helpful staff I've ever met! And the valet team was out of this world! I would not hesitate to stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Tempe Mission Palms Hotel Tempe
- Mission Palms Hotel Tempe
- Mission Palms Tempe
- Mission Palms Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Tempe Mission Palms, located in the Mill Avenue District of Downtown Tempe and only 4.5 Miles East of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Guests of the hotel can choose from our guestroom and suite accommodations , with elegant interiors designed to reflect the sprawling rose-colored deserts of the Phoenix, Arizona area. Featuring a variety of comfortable amenities and plush furnishings, our guestrooms and suites can accommodate couples, larger families and business travelers. RESTAURANTS & DINING: Serving our guests and the local community, our in-house Mission Grille serves traditional American and international cuisine. Diners can relax in the restaurant's elegant atmosphere and savor from a selection of artfully prepared dishes. The Mission Grille's regional cuisine gives our guests a taste of the special Southwestern fare iconic of the area, while Harry's Lounge is the meeting spot for enjoying cocktails and beers with friends and colleagues. TEMPE, PHOENIX & SCOTTSDALE ATTRACTIONS: Tempe's dry, sun-drenched days create the perfect environment for lounging on the terrace of our heated, roof-top pool, relaxing in a bubbling whirlpool or maintaining your exercise regime in our fitness center. Or take a break from the sun and head into the nearby downtown Tempe area or take a short drive to Phoenix or Scottsdale, dotted with shopping, restaurants, culture and special events. Our hotel Concierge can assist you in reserving a spa treatment, tee time or tickets for a local sporting event. •4 Miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport•5 Miles from Scottsdale, Arizona•7 Miles from Phoenix, Arizona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Tempe Mission Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.