“Stay here only if all others are full! ( our reason for staying 3 nights)” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Tempe

You added Quality Suites Tempe to your Saves list
Quality Suites Tempe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1635 North Scottsdale Road, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Executive Suites Extended Stay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Sedona
“Stay here only if all others are full! ( our reason for staying 3 nights)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel needs remodeling, badly! So called 'kitchen' was bar sink, small, old microwave, ditto refrigerator, no utensils, dishes, towels of any kind. Couch looked like curbside cast-off & very uncomfortable, Dim lighting. TV O.K.
Bedroom not bad, comfortable bed. Bathroom barely O.K. with tub walls wet underneath surround due to missing caulk. Tub dangerously icy slippery, so I had to sponge bathe until we got our own rubber mat. One grab bar does not constitute "accessible" as claimed.
Phone reservation person said,"free breakfast"..a lie! $3.50 for a minimal buffet, so we ate elsewhere.
Steps everywhere, no visible ramps from parking lot, lobby, pool or breakfast room, so not wheelchair accessible. NO luggage trolleys. Our room was clean & no bugs, thank goodness! Other reviewers weren't so lucky!

Room Tip: According to others there is no way to get what you asked for! Expect minimal amenities and try not...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lake Forest, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

If I could give this place 0 stars, I would. It was absolutely horrible. The worst hotel I've ever had the misfortune to book. I was set to stay here for one night after booking on Priceline and getting a pretty good deal. They forced me into a smoking room telling me they had no other rooms available. I went the room and found it to be completely lacking in maintenance. There were holes in the couches and chairs, the doors were broken, the front door was out of square and there were large gaps between the door and frame at the bottom, the shutters were broken and the room smelled so badly of smoke that after 15 minutes, I was nauseous and had to leave. I simply could not stay there. I went to the front desk and told them I was checking out and why and the clerk looked at me vacantly and told me they had no other rooms. I again told him that was why I was checking out after 15 minutes in my room. No apologies or offers of refunds for a completely unacceptable room - he just said "oh."

Room was shabby, dirty and smoke ridden and the staff was not at all helpful or apologetic. The wireless was slower than dial-up. I wouldn't stay here if they paid me! Don't waste your money or your time.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, make sure you specify a non-smoking room and confirm it ahead of time. If yo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have a 13 yr old Terrier. He doesn't walk as far or as fast as he once did but I love him to death. This older property is like that consisting of several two and three story buildings with outside entrances that open onto the pool/courtyard in the center. There are no elevators. It is not bad for a low budget stay and my room appeared to have been recently renovated with new paint and carpet plus the signature "Q" amenities currently found in Quality Inn and Suites by Choice Hotels. Furniture in the room was functional but showed wear and tear. Saw minor mold in tub area. Otherwise clean and spacious suite. Optional limited breakfast with scrambled eggs and sausage for $3.50. Archway entrances off parking lot had lockable gates, opened by room key card, but not ever closed while I was there. There was a small exercise room off the lobby. I asked about their airport shuttle which was mentioned on line but was told it was not running right now.

Room Tip: Rooms farther from the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
El Segundo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

When I booked these two rooms, the name of the hotel appeared as Quality Suites Near Old Town Scottsdale. Turns out its not really near Old Town. It's in Tempe about 5 miles from Scottsdale. It turned out ok though for a low budget place. The rooms are pretty large. They have a bedroom, living room and small kitchen area with a large fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker, but no utensils or dishes. The furnishings have seen better days, but everything was clean. One of our no smoking rooms smelled like smoke. they cleaned it thoroughly, but it still had an odor. Not pleasant. The rooms were next to the street, so turning on the fan/ac on at night was a must to keep the noise out. The beds were very comfortable and they had a good selection of tv stations including HBO. The free Wi-Fi was easy to log onto.There was also a nice pool and Jacuzzi and an exercise room. No restaurant or bar but they had coffee available 24/7 and a couple of snack/soda machines. Breakfast was available in the morning, but they charge $3.50. Your better off going to one of the local restaurants. The staff was very helpful and the daily maid service did a good job cleaning up. The locations is not bad either. Located near 202 loop and on Scottsdale Blvd and a short drive to Old Town. Overall, it was what I expected for the price.

Room Tip: get a room away from the street
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Bountiful, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My daughter was performing at the Aloha Festival in Tempe...so I booked a room with choice being I'm an employee so I got the discount rate...

As we arrived at the phx airport, I called the hotel to come pick us up and the desk clerk Israel said sorry mame but we don't offer those services...I was pissed because I'm hot n sweaty n as per their confirmation letter it clearly states it in red to call when you arrive so I did...well make long story short I pd $35 one way on super shuttle to get to the property...ask the FOM if he could do anything for me cause I was not happy...n he tried to kick me out the hotel...I told him excuse me sir but I will not tolerate this kind of behavior from u or any of your staff...so I suggest u listen n pay really close attention to what I'm saying...can u compensate me on my shuttle service? Because I was miss informed by your confirmation letter staying incorrect info...Jay said we don't do that....very rudely..

I arrived and said I would like to check in my room pls and the FOM Jay says you can miss but yr room is a smoking one...n I told him sorry but I reserved a non smoking plus I confirmed it with your desk clerk Israel before coming here...then the rooms were not ready and it was pass 3p check in time... So we finally got our room after half n hr went by...got in the room n was not at all surprised that the room was not up to par with Our expectation...dirty...smelled like old rusty...old mold...old everything...

I filed a Guest Relations ticket to see if they would help me... N it's in process now...

I will never stay at that property as long as we are living...NEVER

Stayed March 2014
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The customer service is horrible and they make promises that they can not keep. We were told that we could have one room and then if we didn't like it we could move to a different room. Upon arrival, we discovered that we were not able to move to a different room and the steps they took to make the room better we're not done like promised on the phone. Called other choice hotels and they could not help us out with a switch due to no managers being on duty. On a Friday night with packed hotel rooms and spring traing , no manager on duty?

Rooms: dexter would use this as his kill room. It is gross, extremely outdated, TVs no where close to sitting areas, and a microwave from the 60's.

Highly recommend to not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't come here at all
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Room was very spacious, definitely a suite. Living room area smelled like cigarettes even though it was a "non smoking" room. The bed room area was much better. Awesome environment in the courtyard! Made me feel like I was on vacation.
5 minutes from ASU in one direction, 5 minutes from Old Town Scottsdale in the other direction.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Quality Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!