“Quality Suites not near Old Town Scottsdale” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Tempe

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites Tempe to your Saves list
Quality Suites Tempe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1635 North Scottsdale Road, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Executive Suites Extended Stay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Tempe
El Segundo, California
“Quality Suites not near Old Town Scottsdale”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

When I booked these two rooms, the name of the hotel appeared as Quality Suites Near Old Town Scottsdale. Turns out its not really near Old Town. It's in Tempe about 5 miles from Scottsdale. It turned out ok though for a low budget place. The rooms are pretty large. They have a bedroom, living room and small kitchen area with a large fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker, but no utensils or dishes. The furnishings have seen better days, but everything was clean. One of our no smoking rooms smelled like smoke. they cleaned it thoroughly, but it still had an odor. Not pleasant. The rooms were next to the street, so turning on the fan/ac on at night was a must to keep the noise out. The beds were very comfortable and they had a good selection of tv stations including HBO. The free Wi-Fi was easy to log onto.There was also a nice pool and Jacuzzi and an exercise room. No restaurant or bar but they had coffee available 24/7 and a couple of snack/soda machines. Breakfast was available in the morning, but they charge $3.50. Your better off going to one of the local restaurants. The staff was very helpful and the daily maid service did a good job cleaning up. The locations is not bad either. Located near 202 loop and on Scottsdale Blvd and a short drive to Old Town. Overall, it was what I expected for the price.

Room Tip: get a room away from the street
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bountiful, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My daughter was performing at the Aloha Festival in Tempe...so I booked a room with choice being I'm an employee so I got the discount rate...

As we arrived at the phx airport, I called the hotel to come pick us up and the desk clerk Israel said sorry mame but we don't offer those services...I was pissed because I'm hot n sweaty n as per their confirmation letter it clearly states it in red to call when you arrive so I did...well make long story short I pd $35 one way on super shuttle to get to the property...ask the FOM if he could do anything for me cause I was not happy...n he tried to kick me out the hotel...I told him excuse me sir but I will not tolerate this kind of behavior from u or any of your staff...so I suggest u listen n pay really close attention to what I'm saying...can u compensate me on my shuttle service? Because I was miss informed by your confirmation letter staying incorrect info...Jay said we don't do that....very rudely..

I arrived and said I would like to check in my room pls and the FOM Jay says you can miss but yr room is a smoking one...n I told him sorry but I reserved a non smoking plus I confirmed it with your desk clerk Israel before coming here...then the rooms were not ready and it was pass 3p check in time... So we finally got our room after half n hr went by...got in the room n was not at all surprised that the room was not up to par with Our expectation...dirty...smelled like old rusty...old mold...old everything...

I filed a Guest Relations ticket to see if they would help me... N it's in process now...

I will never stay at that property as long as we are living...NEVER

Stayed March 2014
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The customer service is horrible and they make promises that they can not keep. We were told that we could have one room and then if we didn't like it we could move to a different room. Upon arrival, we discovered that we were not able to move to a different room and the steps they took to make the room better we're not done like promised on the phone. Called other choice hotels and they could not help us out with a switch due to no managers being on duty. On a Friday night with packed hotel rooms and spring traing , no manager on duty?

Rooms: dexter would use this as his kill room. It is gross, extremely outdated, TVs no where close to sitting areas, and a microwave from the 60's.

Highly recommend to not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't come here at all
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Room was very spacious, definitely a suite. Living room area smelled like cigarettes even though it was a "non smoking" room. The bed room area was much better. Awesome environment in the courtyard! Made me feel like I was on vacation.
5 minutes from ASU in one direction, 5 minutes from Old Town Scottsdale in the other direction.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
athens,ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had a family wedding in Phoenix, and I have more attraction for the Choice Hotels, I stayed in Quality Suites here and I was glad that I stayed here. The staff was so cooperative, helpful, always smiling. My Stay was very pleasant and I would recommend to everybody. Oh and they have really nice pool.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I recently moved back to Tempe and needed a place to stay (live) while researching employment opportunities and long term housing. That was 2 1/2 months ago and I have been made to feel so much at home here I am debating if I even want to move anywhere else. The staff here has always been very friendly and helpful, especially the general manager (Misty Thomas) and the evening manager (Fagan Shah). The rooms are comfortable and clean with a support staff that is always available to help out. I highly recommend considering this property to anyone visiting the Tempe/Phoenix area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a week and enjoy my stay the rooms its very clean and all staff its very friendly and for tha kind off rooms the rate its very reasonable ,the landscape its so nice pool. I was so pleased to see the landscaping they had which make this property one of its own. I enjoyed playing mini golf over there.

Room Tip: higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Quality Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!