“good airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 46 hotels in Tempe
edinburgh,scotland
“good airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here a couple of years ago and still as good. Complimentary shuttle to and from airport.
If you can get an upgrade to club room and access to club lounge well worth it. Nice big room and comp breakfast (scrambled eggs with spices, cereals, fresh fruit, coffee, soft drinks) and hot food in the evening.
Very friendly staff.
A tip for guests that want to go downtown and not take the car, take the shuttle to the airport terminal 4, then follow signs for sky train then to the light railway. Ticket costs $4 for the day and the train takes you to downtown and other destinations. Time approx 40 mins from leaving hotel and only $4.

Room Tip: Go for the club room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Carm_TEM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the kind words that you had to say about our staff and the hotel. It is always nice to hear that we are convenient to alternative transportation. The light rail at the airport was a great additional transportation option for our guests. Thank you again for your review and we can't wait to have you stay with us again.

365 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here in July for a quick overnight trip. When I arrived I made arrangements to take the airport shuttle back to the airport the following morning. When I showed up at the time I'd reserved, one of their sales staff was scrambling to get a tour group on the shuttle. She completely ignored me and when I told her I had a reservation on the shuttle for that time, she told the shuttle driver, "Do not let her on. The tour group is very important and has priority. Period." I was stunned at her attitude and her blatant hostility and disregard for me as a guest. The front desk clerk that was on shift when I checked in the day before was coming on shift and walked by while all this was transpiring. He went inside and while I was trying to get the sales woman's attention to find out what I was supposed to do. He came back out and asked if everything was sorted out and when I told him it was not, he went to speak with her. As a Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Member, I was appalled at my treatment (no employee should ever imply ANY guest is not important - they all are.) The gentleman returned and told me I could take a later shuttle, but I explained that I had to be on this shuttle in order to make my flight. At this point he said, "Stay here, I'll be right back; I'll go get my car and take you myself." I insisted that this wasn't necessary, that the sales woman should be the one resolving her overbooking issue, not him. He repeatedly told me that he didn't mind and that I was just as important as the tour group and wouldn't take no for an answer. In all of the brouhaha I completely failed to get the young man's name but I did want to offer him kudos for going above and beyond in helping me with the problem and sent a letter to management when I returned home, so hopefully they acknowledged his exceptional service. I did tell him that a conversation with management about the sales woman was probably in order and he assured me he was going to speak to them when he returned.

As far as hotels go, it was fine. All of the public spaces were clean and well maintained. While my room was extremely small, it served its purpose as a comfortable place to sleep. All of the amenities I've come to expect from Starwood properties were present and the staff, with the exception of the woman from their sales office, were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Carm_TEM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We were sorry to hear your stay was less than stellar and apologize for your experience. That is not the service that we strive to provide to our guests as you stated every guest is important no matter who they are. We are truly happy that it took just one employee to turn your stay around with us. We appreciate all the feedback that you provided to us it is a great training tool for our staff both at the front desk as well as management. We hope that you are able to come and stay with us again so that we are able to show you the true customer service that we give to our guests. Again thank you for your review and feedback without it we can't make our hotel better. We hope to see you again soon.
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great location for both the airport and Tempe. We were surprised what a nice pool area this airport location had but as others have said the rooms need to be refreshed. We used points for the stay and it was a very good value for the number of points. Also the hotel staff responded professionally and rapidly to deal with a drunk causing a late night ruckus in the halls.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We love our pool area especially in the cooler months when you can enjoy a drink by the fireplace. We also understand our rooms need some special attention and within the next two years through a large project will be taking care of the rooms and public areas. I assure you that I will pass along to the Front Office Manager that his night crew is doing a great job to ensure that guests are not disturbed while staying with us. Thank you again for your wonderful words and we hope to see you again!
Prescott Valley, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This seems to be a trend with Sheraton hotels as their lobbies are quite nice and updated; however, their rooms need an overhaul. The room was clean, but tired. The WiFi worked well and the shuttle was prompt. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the food was good. This is a convenient airport hotel. It is difficult for two adults to fit into a full size bed. The climate control worked well.

Upgrade the rooms and you go from a 3 to a 5.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments. We did renovate our public areas in 2009 and understand the need for our rooms to also get the same treatment. We are happy to let our guest know that within the next 2 years we will be doing a full renovation of all the guest rooms and public areas. It will be a long process but we understand the importance of updating our product to ensure that we are giving the best quality we can. We appreciate your comment about our staff as they work very hard to ensure that every guest is taken care of and feel like they are at home. We hope that when we have updated our rooms that you can come and see us again so we can show off our true pride in the hotel.
Pittsford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Great for business travel. Luxurious beds, duvets, Starbucks coffee in rooms, complementary bottle of water in room. Outdoor pool area looks nice-looks like fireplace by the patio for an occasional chilly night.

• Stayed September 2013
Carm_TEM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We know that as a corporate traveler you have many options when as to where you choose to stay and are honored that you chose to stay with us and recognize the wonderful product that we have. Our pool are is fantastic especially this time of year when the fireplace gets turned on and you can sit back and relax by the glow of the fire. We hope to see you again soon so that you can relax by the fireplace!
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed 1 night and parked for a few days while out of town. Rooms were comfortable, but need to be freshened-up. Recent coffee spill on floor and wall that wasn't cleaned. Restaurant was OK, but the service personnel were short staffed and the service suffered.
They have an airport shuttle, but we waited 1 hour for pick-up once our flight arrived.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Carm_TEM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We truly understand without both good and bad feedback feedback from our guests we can't improve our service. We will share with our management teams the struggles that you had in their area\s to better improve the quality of service and details that we missed. Thank you again and we hope that you will come and see us again so that we can show you the true service that we strive to give every guest.
Blakeslee, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Loved this lil jewel in the desert. Stayed 5 days for business & relaxation, and made me want to live here. Hotel restaurant has great meals and drinks. Also accepts Restaurant.com gift certificates. Pool area very relaxing w/ bar access. The facility is very clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We love that you have made us your jewel in the desert! Thank you so much for your review. We want every guest to be able to relax and enjoy their stay from beginning to end. We know that you have a lot of choices when you are traveling and are so happy that we were able to make your stay so memorable that you will choose us again. Thank you again for your kind words and we can't wait to see you again!

Been to Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe? Share your experiences!