“Made me want to move to AZ” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Blakeslee, Pennsylvania, United States
“Made me want to move to AZ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Loved this lil jewel in the desert. Stayed 5 days for business & relaxation, and made me want to live here. Hotel restaurant has great meals and drinks. Also accepts Restaurant.com gift certificates. Pool area very relaxing w/ bar access. The facility is very clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Carm_TEM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We love that you have made us your jewel in the desert! Thank you so much for your review. We want every guest to be able to relax and enjoy their stay from beginning to end. We know that you have a lot of choices when you are traveling and are so happy that we were able to make your stay so memorable that you will choose us again. Thank you again for your kind words and we can't wait to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Kapaa, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The shuttle left the airport while I was standing behind it. When I got into the shuttle I hit my head on the video. The driver was yelling at me. At the front desk they semed more interested in themselves and it took me ten min to explain Ive hit my head.
The lounge is run by a women whos second language is english. She started to whisle loudly and when the computer was broken she told me to call the front desk.
The manager of the property is no where to be found. No one has filled an injury report and I have asked for that five hours ago.
Really this property needs corporate to come and wathc them. Maybe once it was OK but now I would never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Carm_TEM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We were sorry to hear your stay was less than stellar and apologize for your experience. Please be assured we have taken up the issues with our management team and we continually seek to improve our overall guest satisfaction. On behalf of the Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you again for your feedback as we strive to make each guest experience comfortable and memorable.
Altadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just stayed one night during a layover, but it was convenient to the airport. The bar in the hotel made decent martinis, and our dinner at the bar turned out to be quite good. Our room was big and clean and quiet, and most importantly well air-conditioned! Like I said, just one night so I didn't do much exploring but what I saw was clean and well run. The check in & out process were very easy, and the staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Carm_TEM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We know that when you are traveling for one night or a week that comfort and convenience is important to everyone. We strive with every guest to give them the best experience possible. Our culinary team and restaurant staff are amazing. Thank you for recognizing their hard work. I assure you that it will be shared with them that they are providing such great service to our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Drove in from Tucson to the Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel. So easy to get to..exit at 52nd Street. I got an extremely good rate for this hotel. What was very convenient was the free shuttle to the airport and back. I left my car at the hotel. Rate were $5 per day, or $15 for the week. It made getting to the airport a breeze. I did not eat at the restaurants, so I'm unable to comment. The rooms were clean and somewhat outdated but still nice. The air conditioning unit was loud, but turned into white noise when my head hit the pillow. Comfy beds and pillows. Also, free WiFi was a plus for my little boy to play on his iPad.

Room Tip: Got a rate of $65 via Hotwire.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carm_TEM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It is always great to hear that we are taking care of our guests like they were at home! We want to make your stay is as convenient and stress free as possible especially if you are traveling with small children. We will be going through renovations in the next year and one of the main components that will be replaced is the air conditioning units as we are aware that they are in need of replacing. Thanks you again and we hope that you will come and stay with us again when you are in the Phoenix area!
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Just to inform you that I did not leave the hotel with a pleasant experience. Check in was smooth but the person doing check out was not friendly at all.
The other issues were that I requested for wake up call while checking on which was not given to me. When I got up, I just got a shock as I almost missed my flight.
On the other side, there is no water in the shower room and I had to rush without even having bath.
When informed the te emotion, he did not even apologize except just saying that it will not happen next time.
If this is the way Starwood gold members are treated, I don't know how will you treat the people who are not even Starwood members.
I am going to put all the reviews on the internet including trip advisor and I don't think I will ever come back to this hotel again in future.

• Stayed August 2013
Carm_TEM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We were sorry to hear your stay was less than stellar and apologize for your experience. Please be assured we have taken up the issues with our management team and we continually seek to improve our overall guest satisfaction regardless of Starwood status or not. On behalf of the Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel, we sincerely thank you for being a loyal Gold member of Starwood and apologize for the inconvenience. We would love for you to contact the property and speak with the Guest Services Manager so we can learn more from your particular experience. Thank you again for your feedback as we strive to make each guest experience comfortable and memorable and we hope you will give us a second chance.
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I found a great rate for this hotel online as I returned from California. I had never stayed in a Sheraton property before and I was impressed. It's a an older hotel but wonderfully maintained. I got a king bed in my room and loved it! Easy to get in and out of by car. Also accessible to most of the sights of Phoenix, Chandler and Tempe.

• Stayed August 2012
Carm_TEM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are honored that we were your first Sheraton that you have stayed at and happy that we made such a great impression on you. The location of our hotel is one of our best assets as you said it is convenient for travelers as well as vacationers. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.
Flagstaff, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We use this hotel regularly when we need a place with a shuttle to airport. The shuttle runs every half hour and is very convenient. They also offer free parking for up to two weeks, which is incredible (at your own risk, of course). There is a restaurant, although we have never been able to use in mornings because they open later than our early morning departures.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
Some updates are needed to the place, especially replacement of very loud AC/heating units in rooms. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. This is the main reason for the three rather than four star rating. The beds are comfortable.
Appreciate that they upgrade if you are a Starwoods member and they have extra room.
There is a pool that looks fine and is placed in the interior courtyard of the hotel, although we have never used so cannot comment.

Room Tip: Top floor/club floor has a lounge with a few perks.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Carm_TEM, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your making us your hotel of choice when you are using Sky Harbor Airport. We know that there are many hotels that you can choose to stay at and we are honored to be your hotel! Our staff is the heart of our hotel and we could not be more proud to have everyone of them work for us. We understand your concern when it comes to our A/C units and will be replacing the units as we go through complete renovations over the next two years. We hope that when you come and see us again that you are able to utilize all our amenities that we have to offer as our pool is spectacular! Thank you again for being a loyal guest and we will see you soon!

Been to Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe? Share your experiences!