“Good, with some complains” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #28 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Hermosillo, Mexico
“Good, with some complains”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I would rate it "very good",but my last experience was bad. This is my 3rd time staying at this hotel, and it was one of my favorites. The two times I stayed there, were excellent. The staff really helpful, and I always ended having drinks on the house (on Spice and Fire), or an upgrade room with views of the pool. Its a nice hotel, and I love the location(my visits in Phoenix are mostly in the Chandler-Tempe and Scottsdale area,so this hotel its in between) and for the price via priceline, its the best value.
But! The last time I went, I had two problems:
-My room had microwave/fridge,and one of them (we never knew which one!) was making a really annoying noise all day&night.
-We didn't had the housekeeping service for my whole stay (2 nights)!! The 1st night they didn't do it at all,and the 2nd night, we arrive at our room, to notice that the beds were done, there were clean towels and the trash was gone. But all the other stuff was the same: Newspaper in the floor, drawers that were not open were open, and some other things.
I call, and they gave us a complimentary breakfast in the hotel, but I think it wasn't enough.
I will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Matt D, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Christina F,

Thank you so much for being a loyal guest of ours. I am so sorry that your recent stay was not up to the standards that you have grown accustomed to, and that we strive to provide. We would love to continue to have you as our guest. Please allow us the opportunity to wow you once again. Before your next stay please connect with me personally so that I can ensure you have the best available room. You can reach me by phone at 480-967-6600 ext 7790.

We look forward to seeing you.

381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stay in Starwood properties 125+ nights a year (Sheraton, Westin, W, Aloft) so I feel as though I am a good judge of their properties. Upon entering the property it seemed that the entry/bar/lounge area was all new. Checked-in without difficulty as usually happens for me with my Platinum status. Got to the room. Hallways were old and not updated. Open the door. Pubic hair all over the shower. Linens on the bed were stained. Left. Wasn't going to deal with it. It was a dump and clearly not up to Starwood standards. I called the Platinum desk today and let them know.

Room Tip: I think there are better options out there close to the PHX airport.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Matt D, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
MountPleasant,

It truly saddens us all to hear your feedback regarding the experience you had here at the Sheraton in Tempe. While we value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts, this is not typical of the type of comments we receive. We are diligently researching all the details and staff that surrounded this incident, and will correct these issues immediately. As we receive your comments with the utmost concern and urgency, we would truly appreciate the opportunity to host your journey in Tempe in the near future. So before your next stay please feel free to connect with me so I can make sure that your next experience is flawless and you can truly experience the type of excellent service and accommodations that we are known for.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

First off, this is an older property that has been remodeled. However, they didn't remodel everything and it shows in places. Lobby and pool areas are very nice. Service at the desk wasn't bad either. Carpeting in the hallways is old and needs to be replaced. Everything in my room had be redone except the shower/bathtub and fixtures. They were old fashioned by today's hotel standards. The bathroom was not very clean. I found numerous hairs on the floor and one sitting on my hand towel. Floors were not very clean either.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Matt D, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
4hunters,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. We are very proud of the little "oasis" our pool provides to our guests in the very dry desert! Cleanliness is one of our top priorities and not a standard we take lightly. We would appreciate it if you would take the time to give us a call at 480-967-6600, so that we can dig deeper for a remedy to your problem. If you ask for Cassie or Matt we would be happy to connect with you!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My stay here was excellent. Staff was extremely efficient. Pick up at the airport quick and convenient. The shuttle driver was friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel even had the shuttle drop me off at a nearby concert hall so I could attend an event. Quiet rooms and very clean. I'd stay here again anytime!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Julia H,

Your kind words make us even more proud of our awesome team. Roger was your driver to the concert hall, and he is very pleased to hear that you remembered him! Once again thank you for your words and we hope to see you again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

After our group had decided to reserve our party plans with the Sheraton again we were all very excited. The staff welcomed us and made our set up and arrangements very easy to establish. They went out of their way to make sure the banquet room was comfortable for our group's enjoyment. We needed extra tables in the banquet room for our extra door prizes and in an instant they appeared with staff helping us set them up quickly before everyone arrived. Some of us decided to stay the night and we were provided with a special rate for those in our group who decided not to drive home that night. The rooms were very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Lydia L,

We were just as excited to host your holiday event as well! We relish the opportunity to provide a fun but safe place for guests to celebrate. We enjoy being able to make the puzzle that is your plans come together. Thank you also to your group for being safe when choosing not to drive home after the party.

We look forward to hosting you this year!

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

This hotel would be better suited for a Four Points makeover - it simply is not a quality Sheraton property. However, it was fine for an early morning flight the next day.

Our first room we checked into had a strong chemical smell and numerous large stains in the carpet. The front desk was quick to move us into another room, and friendly abut making the accommodation (everyone at the front desk both days seemed professional and courteous). Second room was fine - a standard hotel room. I did notice that were few outlets for charging our numerous phones and computers, but we made do.

The gym is very small, with some broken equipment. I think it would have been worth seeking out a local gym, but time was short. There is a club lounge for SPG members, but they had no diet soda for me the two times I checked, and the attendant in the lounge seemed half asleep.

I'd stay here again if I needed to leave early or arrived late on a trip to Phoenix, and the rates were significantly under $100. Otherwise, there are much better properties close by to consider.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Kyle34

Thank you so much giving us such detailed feedback. I am so sorry that parts of your stay did not exceed your expectations or ours for that matter. We strive to provide the most comforting atmosphere for our guests, but at times need to be reminded that we have much to improve on. We are proud to say that we have already started down the road of rejuvenation with the scheduled completion of our new Sheraton Fitness Center powered by Core Performance set for February. We hope that in the future you allow us the opportunity to wow you with the genuine care our staff provides.

We hope to see you soon, and safe travels!!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Although we had to wait 35 minutes or so for the shuttle (just after midnight), this hotel was otherwise just perfect. Beautiful room, nice restaurant (pancakes were incredible) and good service all around. We got an amazing rate on Hotwire. Stayed two night when there for the Fiesta Bowl. Recommend it highly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Matt D, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe, responded to this review, January 7, 2012
cdstravels,

As members of the hospitality industry, we get excited to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for our guests. It truly was our pleasure to host your short journey to the Fiesta Bowl. Also all of us at the hotel agree that The Prickly Pear Sunrise Pear Cafe has amazing pancakes!

We hope to see you next year!

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe? Share your experiences!