“Close to Highway, ASU and Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vienna, Virginia
“Close to Highway, ASU and Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I chose this hotel for its proximity to the highway, ASU and the airport. It's a bit too close to the highway as I could hear traffic all night (not enough to keep me from sleeping). The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast area is way too small and it was difficult having breakfast - if I come back to this hotel, I will eat breakfast at the Denny's next door instead. I rated this hotel Very Good because it is above Average, though it really isn't a "Very Good" hotel. It is a great value however. I would probably return if I had to visit ASU again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Richfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Spent our last night here at the end our our Death Valley trip. Cute little 3 story Motel shaped like a big U. Nice room, clean and quiet. Very convenient to Phoenix Sky Harbor airport - they have a shuttle to get you back and forth. There is a Denny's across the street. Very reasonable price for the room. Continental breakfast. Free high speed internet - WiFi.

Room Tip: Ours was 3rd floor overlooking parking lot - quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I could not believe the friendliness and accommodating spirit of the gentleman who checked me in. Traveling solo on this trip, arriving well after midnight, I immediately felt safe just knowing he was downstairs. The shuttle staff went above and beyond to try to accommodate my late flight, even staying late, though unbeknownst to me (I took a taxi). I should have called, but didn't want to put anyone out. The room was clean, updated, and the beds are fabulous!! I didn't get up early for breakfast, but I know LaQuinta serves fabulous food!! I would stay at THIS LaQuinta again in a heartbeat. I will warn travelers, though...all LaQuintas are not the same. I understand some are independently owned, and a couple of those I've stayed in could give the whole chain a bad name!! Call first and be sure you are staying in one of the corporate hotels; one that has the upgraded bedding, updated decor, and just be sure it is a nice one before you go!! Then you will be guaranteed a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have all services me need with the right price when we go in vacations we need the hotel to sleep well and have all services to be comfortable and the security is other service they care. Also if we stay in the hotel we have services, like pool, coffee and breakfast that made our time a good experience

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Selected this hotel because it was in between the several relatives we would be visiting. Location was good but the stay wasn't. The AC was loud and not operating properly. Too much noise and no refrigerator. Not very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

prescott, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Always a dependable place to stay thru the years. Shuttle to the airport is quick. Extended parking is fairly priced and is one of the reasons why I stay at this hotel. The staff has been wonderful thru the years and is another reason I return here.There have been two instances where I reserved a room with a frig and microwave and did not get it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The staff & employees really make this hotel great. Our room was ready on time & was very clean with plenty of towels, etc. plus microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker. Although, there is coffee available in the lobby at all hours too. We stayed there 2 nights, one before our guided trip through the Grand Canyon, and another just after we finished our 4 day backpacking trip. Even though we were picked up very early by the trip van; the staff made sure that we had breakfast to go for us. When we returned, the staff had upgraded us to a suite. This was so nice, considering that we were pretty tired from our rim to rim trip. We really enjoyed just being able to stretch out & relax. They serve a substantial & varied breakfast. Dennys is next door for lunch/dinner. But, if you are willing to walk a bit, there are other choices such as sandwich shops & mexican food. I very much recommend this La Quinta & would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms just above the lobby (where our suite was located) are very nice & make for easy access do...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport? Share your experiences!