“Would definitely return” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 46 hotels in Tempe
A TripAdvisor Member
“Would definitely return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Loved the room for the price. Very convenient with the shuttle service and free breakfast. The rooms were clean and very quiet. The staff was very friendly and very quick to get you on your way to your room. Enjoyed my stay there!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Logan, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by our stay this past week. The hotel staff are friendly, and seem to go out of their way to make your stay great. The breakfast for a continental was outstanding. The rooms were clean and well kept. The free wifi in room was an added bonus. The beds were Amazing!! Slept better in them than my own bed! Location is close to most major attractions and shopping. Yes the hotel is aging, but the staff are always busy with upkeep. The only thing I could see that needed attention was the fencing around the pool. They even have towels poolside. Something you usually only see in resort areas. We would definitely stay here again the next time visiting Phoenix.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly, airport pick up a very unexpected bonus! The MOTEL itself was clean yet a bit scary... Grounds unkept, EXTERIOR entries, rooms obviously retrofitted to include a microwave/fridge combo which was sitting out in the middle of the room. It was an aging property that had been given a coat of paint, new carpet and bedding... Like going to someone's aging grandma's home. Definitely NOT a 4 star rating! No fault of the staff, just the aging property.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I have travelled quite a bit over the last few years and have stayed at hotels quite a bit including many La Quinta Inns. Because of that I am a Rewards member. I have stayed at new and old La Quintas.

My flight out of pheonix was canceled yesterday and I wanted to go to a hotel which was near to the airport. When I saw this Laquinta on the laquinta app I was reluctant to stay there because it was an older one and some of the older ones were real dumps. However, I needed something close and aomething quick.

I went ahead and called before I booked he room and told Jennifer my predicament. I hung up and contemplated about it and then called and asked if she had a non smoking room. She said yes so I asked her if they could pick me and my wife up. 3 minutes later they were at the airport and took us to the hotel. They loaded our bags in and out of the van. Since we had the whole evening I asked where we could go to catch a movie. One of the drivers told us of a mall and that he would shuttle is their and pick us back up when ready. We went to our room and was pleasantly surprise to see that it had been renovated and it was extremely clean. We went downstairs and they took us immediately to the mall where we caught 2 movies and then called at 930 pm and they were there in five minutes to pick us up. I asked if the driver could stop by a convenience store and he said no problem. We had to be up early the next day and so when we arrived back at the hotel I asked when breakfast was and they told us. I made a comment to my wife saying I guess we'll miss breakfast since we had to leave at 530 am. Ricardo said that was alright they will make us a paper bag breakfast.

To close this out I just want to say that I Have never stayed at a hotel whether it was a resort, Marriott or Hilton that had this extremely high level of customer service. I have probably stayed 4 months in different hotels over the last three years and can unequivocally say that the customer service from every staff member was really unbelievable.

• Stayed June 2013
Marana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I'm a La Quinta rewards member and had several La Quinta properties to choose from in the area. I chose this one because it offered double points for my stay & the location was convenient. I booked the king room with refrigerator & microwave. Check in time is supposed to be at 3pm and check out at noon. That has a lot to do with my review of this property and why I won't choose to stay here again in the future.

I arrived at 3:10pm and was told our room was not ready and would be another 25 minutes. They said they could offer me another king room and have a microwave & fridge brought in but not exactly the same. I said I wanted the room I booked so we had to wait. We finally got into our room at 3:45. The bathroom had hair on the floor which I thought was tacky. Maybe the lady felt rushed or something but that is not acceptable. Made me think what else did she skimp on,

Had trouble with the wifi. The cold water knob stuck so we couldn't turn off the water so we had to call for service. The light bulb in one of the fixtures kept flashing all night, never figured out why. That was disturbing but it was very faint so really didn't disturb our sleep just frustrating when awake. The next morning, we were in our room (guessing about 9am) and the cleaning lady walked in on us. She thought we had checked out. Good thing we were dressed. Check out is at noon not 9am. Maybe they are used to people catching early flights out of Sky Harbor but we weren't flying.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirtland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here upon arrival at the airport. The shuttle service was quick and friendly. The check-in was also very efficient. The rooms were nicely decorated, the beds were very comfortable, the internet worked very well in the room, and it was a quiet place to sleep after a long journey. The breakfast was OK. They had the hot waffles, cereals, breads,fruits and yogurts.

Upon check out we asked for the shuttle service. They said that since the shuttle was getting an oil change they would pay for us to take a taxi. This was quite a pleasant surprise to us!

I don't know of any way that they can improve on this great place and service. We would stay here again! The entire staff is to be commended on their great service!

Room Tip: They have AAA , Military, and AARP rates. Booking directly with them could save you money.