“Fantastic Unbelievable Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Fantastic Unbelievable Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I have travelled quite a bit over the last few years and have stayed at hotels quite a bit including many La Quinta Inns. Because of that I am a Rewards member. I have stayed at new and old La Quintas.

My flight out of pheonix was canceled yesterday and I wanted to go to a hotel which was near to the airport. When I saw this Laquinta on the laquinta app I was reluctant to stay there because it was an older one and some of the older ones were real dumps. However, I needed something close and aomething quick.

I went ahead and called before I booked he room and told Jennifer my predicament. I hung up and contemplated about it and then called and asked if she had a non smoking room. She said yes so I asked her if they could pick me and my wife up. 3 minutes later they were at the airport and took us to the hotel. They loaded our bags in and out of the van. Since we had the whole evening I asked where we could go to catch a movie. One of the drivers told us of a mall and that he would shuttle is their and pick us back up when ready. We went to our room and was pleasantly surprise to see that it had been renovated and it was extremely clean. We went downstairs and they took us immediately to the mall where we caught 2 movies and then called at 930 pm and they were there in five minutes to pick us up. I asked if the driver could stop by a convenience store and he said no problem. We had to be up early the next day and so when we arrived back at the hotel I asked when breakfast was and they told us. I made a comment to my wife saying I guess we'll miss breakfast since we had to leave at 530 am. Ricardo said that was alright they will make us a paper bag breakfast.

To close this out I just want to say that I Have never stayed at a hotel whether it was a resort, Marriott or Hilton that had this extremely high level of customer service. I have probably stayed 4 months in different hotels over the last three years and can unequivocally say that the customer service from every staff member was really unbelievable.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Marana, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I'm a La Quinta rewards member and had several La Quinta properties to choose from in the area. I chose this one because it offered double points for my stay & the location was convenient. I booked the king room with refrigerator & microwave. Check in time is supposed to be at 3pm and check out at noon. That has a lot to do with my review of this property and why I won't choose to stay here again in the future.

I arrived at 3:10pm and was told our room was not ready and would be another 25 minutes. They said they could offer me another king room and have a microwave & fridge brought in but not exactly the same. I said I wanted the room I booked so we had to wait. We finally got into our room at 3:45. The bathroom had hair on the floor which I thought was tacky. Maybe the lady felt rushed or something but that is not acceptable. Made me think what else did she skimp on,

Had trouble with the wifi. The cold water knob stuck so we couldn't turn off the water so we had to call for service. The light bulb in one of the fixtures kept flashing all night, never figured out why. That was disturbing but it was very faint so really didn't disturb our sleep just frustrating when awake. The next morning, we were in our room (guessing about 9am) and the cleaning lady walked in on us. She thought we had checked out. Good thing we were dressed. Check out is at noon not 9am. Maybe they are used to people catching early flights out of Sky Harbor but we weren't flying.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirtland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here upon arrival at the airport. The shuttle service was quick and friendly. The check-in was also very efficient. The rooms were nicely decorated, the beds were very comfortable, the internet worked very well in the room, and it was a quiet place to sleep after a long journey. The breakfast was OK. They had the hot waffles, cereals, breads,fruits and yogurts.

Upon check out we asked for the shuttle service. They said that since the shuttle was getting an oil change they would pay for us to take a taxi. This was quite a pleasant surprise to us!

I don't know of any way that they can improve on this great place and service. We would stay here again! The entire staff is to be commended on their great service!

Room Tip: They have AAA , Military, and AARP rates. Booking directly with them could save you money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Easy to park and check-in, everyone was so friendly and nice. We loved our room and it was spotless. Swimming was fabulous. We had a great night sleep, and the breakfast was perfect. We will be back again one day, and plan on looking for La Quinta locations elsewhere too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Prescott Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Have stayed here many times and always enjoyed it. The free shuttle service to the airport is a biggie. It's just a couple miles from the airport, but very quiet and you can get a good nights rest. The rooms are well kept with comfortable beds. They also offer parking there while you fly out for a reasonable fee (depending on your days away). They even arranged for the shuttle to take us to Tempe to have dinner, then picked us up afterwards. This La Quinta should be commended for their great service! Will be overnighting there again next month.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport? Share your experiences!