“Good Embassy but different” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Simpsonville, Kentucky
“Good Embassy but different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a hotel I have stayed at numerous times over the last 5 years because it is so close to my office. It has gone through many renovations over the last two or so years and it is better by far. The layout is very different than your normal Embassy Suites with an atrium in a single 7-10 story hotel. It is spread out and sometimes confusing to find your room at first. The staff is very nice and helpful. They always address any issue I might have. My biggest complaint is that the service at the buffet breakfast is sometimes spotty. I think they could try not to save on the number of staff to help in the restaurant in the morning.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are away from the pool courtyard during pleasant temperature evenings where groups will...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Rhohma 1,

Thank you for your continued loyalty. We are glad that you like the renovations. We appreciate your candid comments and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Janice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

A very enjoyable stay. The staff was highly professional and accommodating. We had no negative experiences during our stay. We will look forward to staying at THIS Embassy Suites upon our return to the Tempe, AZ area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.

Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Greeted by the warm staff the minute we left the airport. Easy check-in, free breakfast...which usually costs at other embassy hotels if i'm not mistaken. The rooms were clean and perfect. I really could find anything wrong, except for the heat. Overall I recommend and think this place was a good deal.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Point 432,

Thank you for staying with us. Hopefully on your next visit we'll be able to "turn down the heat".

FONTANA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is one of the most accommodating, relaxing, carefree hotels I've ever stayed. The rooms are large, clean, comfortable and the beds sleep well. I appreciate the staff for a job well done. Thanks so much for a pleasant stay. I'm sure I will return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Maria D.,

Thank you for you kind comments. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you as our return guest.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

After staying here about a year ago, it was good to see the lobby and breakfast area remodeled in a well-done contemporary style. The breakfast area now has much more needed room, and the actual breakfast is still good with a large variety of hot items.

Rooms still could use some improvement. Carpeting is older, though the room was clean.

Overall, service is friendly, though a worker in the restaurant didn't want to offer a soft drink after I had just missed the free manager's service. My fault on missing out, but it's just pop...

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid wandering around to find your room, request one closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lovelaughtravellive,

Thank you for your candid comments. We are proud of our recent renovation and are glad that you enjoyed the the new breakfast area. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Lonsdale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

100 percent worth the very reasonable price we paid. The service was outstanding along with the complimentary bar/breakfast. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. The pool was quaint, and the suites were quiet, wouldn't change a thing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sara D,

Thank you for your high praise. We appreciate your comments and it is our pleasure to have you as our guest on your return trip to Tempe.

Lucedale, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here three nights while in Phoenix on business. I'll admit that at first, I was a little turned around when trying to find my way around the property. However, once I did, I enjoyed the "spread-out" feel. Kinda reminded me of one of Disney's resorts (without the magic of course haha). Check in was super-smooth. My room was on the back side of the property, so it was extremely quite (no road noise). I enjoyed my strolls up to the front every evening for the evening drinks and reception. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I did eat at the bar one night and the food was very good. In the mornings, I would drive to the front for an excellent breakfast. I never had trouble finding a spot to park.
The courtyard area was nice and peaceful and the pool area was clean and well kept. The grounds were well manicured.
The suite was very clean, and the service was good. I had a great place to sit and work with plenty of light. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spacious (good water pressure as well). Check out was smooth as well.
I only have one small gripe in that somehow I have never received my HHonors points for my stay (4 weeks ago). I have contacted Hilton twice and even faxed a copy of the receipt but no luck yet. I'm sure they will straighten it out eventually, but this is not normal for Hilton brands. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear jhg155,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to having you as a return guest. If you still have not received your hhonors points, please contact me directly.

Janice

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe? Share your experiences!