“Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ferndale, United States
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Good experience. Nice facility and great layout. The complintary happy hour was fun. Just keep in mind the pillows are very full and can be untucked so they aren't quite so full. Towels need to be replaced.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

very convenient, clean and comfortable, easy to find, quick to check in, good breakfast, and easy check out. Friendly staff. If you have to be in PHX or nearby, this is a nice place to stay for a few days.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great staff, not so good restaurant, pass on that...I stayed on the 3rd floor past pool, in pool area, still a bit noisy, but very nice room...At night I heard noise, from pool area, and surrounding rooms..Quieter, stay in garden area, inner rooms..

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Should it take 10 minutes for someone to check you in? My check out was fine but poor management of you staff at 9pm when a guest has to wait to stay at your hotel. I stay a Embassy Suites often . I enjoy the breakfast, but by far this was the worse experience I've every had at a ES

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This property provides escellent value for the cost. The rooms are spacious and include a refrigerator and microwave. The beds are comfortable and the towels of decent quality. The toiletries are nice, coffee and tea are provided. The complimentary breakfast is better than most, and they do made-to-order omelets and French Toast. The selection on the buffet is good and the quality of the food is good. The pool area is nice and well maintained, and the fitness center is a bit better than I would expect for this level property. Garcia's food that I had for lunch (took to go) was truly mediocre, but the food I ordered for room service one day was very tasty and was delivered quickly. I haven't yet experienced the complimentary beverages...my bad. I am staying five nights on this trip and will be happy to stay here again.

A note regarding the staff.... The people working at night when I checked in were friendly and helpful. The only comment would be that I was directed to park somewhere that was further than my room than necessary. I had to change rooms the second day as my requested configuration was unavailable when I first checked in (I updated my reservation several times, and what became my first night was a last minute add-on). The daytime staff was extremely accommodating. I had a midday conference call and they orchestrated my room move to take place early in the day so I could move prior to the call. The staff greeted me every time I went through the lobby. The housekeeping staff was also pretty top notch.

I will stay here again. I might find a property I prefer that is more luxurious, but for frequent stays where I'm trying to keep the costs contained, this will be my property of choice.

Room Tip: If possible you may want to stay away from the freeway....
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Embassy Suites markets itself as being an upscale brand. Most of their locations meet this expectation. This one did.. kind of.
I understand that it was recently remodeled. The suite had a nice appearance - granite, tile shower surround, new carpeting, new(ish) furniture, etc.
A closer inspection revealed a good amount of corners cut - white silicone along the edges of a tan shower and travertine surround, rusted fan covers for the vent system, a mini fridge that was poorly vented and constantly ran, thus was blazing hot inside the cabinet for the kitchenette, cheap furniture that was just not comfortable and too short to stretch out on really.
Also the toilet was completely loose, as in the bolts no longer secured it down and I could have picked it up had I wished. I didn't do anything about it because I didn't want to move rooms, it didn't leak or smell. That's on me for not dealing with it, but you'd think the cleaning staff would know enough by looking at the ripped up caulk job at the bottom of the toilet and realize something wasn't right.
The staff was great: friendly, responsive etc. Great location as well. Good workout room.

It's a decent place. It's not my first choice when traveling to Tempe but I'd stay here again over many other locations. However, when comparing to other ES locations, it really doesn't measure up to most others.

california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel itself is a good location, we were in town to tour the college, it is also a nice enough place as far as rooms and restaurant and pool go, the complete downside was the attitudes of the employees and the too many to list situations where they were more then lacking......I would not stay here again......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe? Share your experiences!