“Beware! This is Not a Real Embassy Suites” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Waterpark Bundle - Save$$
Ranked #7 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Sacramento, California
“Beware! This is Not a Real Embassy Suites”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our room had badly soiled carpet and the entire hotel has a pecuiliar oder and they are constanly sprying scented stuff to cover it up. If you have allergies to scents, dont stay here! I was eating breakfast and they were spraying a cleaning/polish on all the tables around me as I was trying to eat my breakfast. THey also asked me to move to another table so they could vaccumm the area where I was sitting. I had to leave early and did not enjoy my breakfast as I had a serious allergic reaction to the spray cleaner and the vacuuming in the dinning area.

Heads-up! If you need to leave for an early flight on the weekend days, don't count on your free cooked to order breakfast. They offfer nothing not even room service or coffee service before 7:30 AM. My in room coffee maker did not work, I found out later it was because the electrical outlet it was pluged into was dead. This is a very old property that smells old and really should not have the name Embassy Suites assoiciated with it. It is not an Embassy Suites! Not even close. Rooms should be a lot chaper than they are as they are not Embassy Suites quality and cleanliness and the service level is not up to a full service hotel. No bell service, I didn't even see any luggage carts either.

Our room backed up to a NW corner of the property with a large empty parking lot that seemed to have a lot of noisy activity next door, not on the site but close enough to provide enough noice to keep one from drifting off the slumberland. I think they were racing cars or trucks. Only one clerk on duty and no other staff were on duty on late Saturday night, early Sunday morning. Oh, no local newspapers for sale on site!

I ordered a cheese and fruit platter for 1:30 PM delivery on Saturday to my room and they offer it up at 4:30 P.M. as I was leaving for the evening, saying they forgot it. No one pays attention to the details of customer service here. The rooms are large but old, the beds were average and not the best for this hotel name plate. I did get my extra foam pillows and towels however.

The property is large and sprawling and directional signage is not good, so be sure youi get directions before wandering off to find your rooom. They are not easy to find in this maze hotel. Just try to find a way to get to the second floor once out doors. All room doors are exterior. I will not choose to stay here again with many other options in the area.

The only thing good about this property is the Garcia's (franchise Mexican Restaurant) in the hotel. The food and service there was very good! The breakfast buffet food was not on parr with Embassy Suites I stay at all around the country. Much of if was not warm and not properly cooked. I stay at Embassy Suites becasue there are no surprises. Boy was I surprised with this one!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is easy to find so you don't don't have to slep your bags all over the g...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Janice K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear JR Ford,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. We apprecicate your feedback. I want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I have taken the time to review your experience with our team so we may implement improvements in each of these areas.

Janice

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This Embassy Suites is in a very good, easy to find location. Although it is adjacent to the highway, our room was quiet and peaceful. Although it is not a fancy hotel, the room was spacious and comfortable and the common areas (lobby, restaurant, bar area) were equally as comfortable and well-maintained. The hotel grounds were attractive with the bright green grass and orange and lemon trees (I picked one of each and they were actually good pieces of fruit too - I guess it was okay for guests to help themselves to the fruit, lol). The happy hour snacks were good and the bartender was very pleasant to all the guests. The breakfast was equally adequate - nothing fancy but nothing bad either (although the coffee was rather weak). The swimming pool, again nothing fancy but a decent sized pool, but had plenty of lounge chairs around it and was relaxing. If we return to the Tempe area, I would not hesitate to chose this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear jogom,

Thank you for your kind comments. Look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Janice
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here w/ a bunch of other people for a wedding we were all attending and I definitly enjoyed it. I had a 1 bedroom suite and slept great both nights I was there. I was up against the freeway, but that didn't bother me. Also, the free breakfast in the mornings was a great way to start the day. Even though it is almost layed out like a motel, I like it because it shows off the beautiful landscaping throughout the property. Only thing was a little negative was that the front desk clerk when telling me where my room was, said just take the elevator up and go around the corner. Turned out around the corner was a considerable walk, would have been nice to know that it would have been easier to pull around the side and park there. Overall, I woudln't hesitate to book this property again if I need a room in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear hombresinnombre2......

I'd like to thank you for posting your comments here and for giving such high accolades. We really appreciate you taking the time to post these comments. We do think we have a beautiful property and that our landscaping and outdoor pool really make this hotel unique.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Safe travels!

Milton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We chose this hotel due to our conference being scheduled here. The shuttle driver, John, is absolutely a wonderful guy, so friendly and helpful! He said he had been working there for 19 years! He was willing to pick up menu's at local restaurants and bring them for us to look at! It's so nice to have someone who looks after their customers! He even brought towels to one of us at the pool one afternoon, now that's service! The complimentary breakfast is really nice at Garcia's! We were disappointed with the wait time at lunch & were told the next day that they weren't expecting so many people, so didn't have staffing....The following night we were told there was a 35 minute wait, so went across the street to Denny's and had great service! Whole foods is 2 blocks away, as is Starbucks, so the location is truly nice if you don't have a car. The room was nice for 3 of us, the pullout in 1 room and the bedroom for the other couple, though the beds weren't very comfortable. When I questioned the front desk about free internet service, they kindly gave it to us at no charge. I would definitely stay here again if our travels brought us to Tempe. The complimentary "happy hour" with 2 alcoholic beverages and snacks was great! Even with all the Nascar fans, there was plenty of room to sit, relax and enjoy! I looked forward to this each night!

Room Tip: We had a room away from the pool. It was quiet. Our bedroom window faced the side parking lot. We...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear rphnd.......

Thank you very much for your very positive review of our hotel. We always appreciate the time people take to post comments about their experiences with us. And thanks for recognizing John.....he is an amazing guy and a cultural icon at our hotel. He's loved by all! Thanks for your positive comments on our breakfast and manager's reception. It's just the Embassy way!

We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again very soon.

Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had pool side rooms and they were very clean and roomy. The people treated us so well. Breakfast at Garcia's had something for everyone. When we checked in the staff had all kinds of "sight seeing" tips. We will stay here again on our next trip to the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Go pool side. We had a group (10) and were able to sit out by the pool all evening. Very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Paulamak..........

Thank you for your 5 star review of our fantastic hotel. I'm thrilled that you and your group enjoyed your time here and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Cheers and thanks again.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nice hotel. Roomy suite. The layout though is similar to motel style where you have to park your car outside the door and enter. I do prefer hotels where you enter through the lobby. Just a personal preference. The lights near the run where I was just weren't bright enough for me. The location is off Rural which is a very busy street. Felt pretty safe and secure and the room was a nice size. Great Mexican restaurant on the premises called Garcia's which has very good food.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor and I couldn't hear above me. Wasn't too close ot the stree...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Epitrav.........

I want to thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I'm very happy you found the hotel and your room to be nice and that you felt safe. That is very important in any stay. Our layout is a bit different from most Embassy Suites and is quite beautiful with our various courtyards and outdoor pool. And thanks for recognizing Garcia's......They do a great job for lunch, dinner and room service.

Thanks again for posting your comments. We hope to see you again very soon.

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We would recommend this property to everyone traveling to Phoenix. The close proximity to the airport, convenient location near many attractions, and the outstanding Hilton touch are just a few of the reasons we would come again. The check-in was smooth and welcoming, our room was very clean and spacious, and the beds were fantastic. The common grounds were well manicured and the pool was devine! We enjoyed the large breakfast offerings each morning which really made our day. We have often stayed at more upscale resorts in the area but found this property to have everything we needed for a pleasant stay at half the cost. Thank you Hilton for doing such a great job!

Room Tip: We prefered the rooms on the third floor facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Darlene C.......

Wow. Thanks for the great review of our fantastic hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and for your recommendation of our property. You have highlighted many of the great things about our hotel and we appreciate it!

We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Peter Cowley

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe? Share your experiences!