“By far the best staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Go Crazy @ AZ Mills Mall
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
“By far the best staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed here for 8 nights while on business. The rooms are very nice and the staff is so friendly and bends over backwards for you!

Room Tip: Ask for a room where your window overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
NancyJamesM......I want to thank you for posting your very nice comments about our rooms and great staff. I may be bias but I think they are great! We look forward to seeing you back again at the Embassy Suites Tempe very soon.

Peter Cowley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

All in all, I really enjoyed staying there, but if you stay there ask for a room in the back, as the room I stayed in (facing the street) was very noisy from traffic all night. Luckily, I had (and always take with me on all trips; my earplugs). There is a Whole Foods just down the street which was convenient.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back to avoid noise from traffic
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
ESTempe, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Annie577.......I just wanted to send you a quick response and thank you for posting your thoughts and comments about your stay. I agree, Whole Foods is a fantastic spot as are all the other shops and restaurants very close to us.

I'm extremely glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tempe.

Safe travels!

Port Orchard, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

This was a great hotel with nice amenities, spacious suites, and superior service. I had a few minor problems with my reservation that were dealt with quickly and efficiently by Dan. It is conveniently located, quiet, and a great value. They are in the process of upgrading their internet to higher speed wireless in all rooms which will add more value to the hotel. Their fitness center has Precor Cardio Theater equipment and enough of it to accomodate their guests. I highly recommend this hotel if need accomodations in or around the Tempe area.

Room Tip: If you get a room near the pool you may experience some guests enjoying late evening conversation, t...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
ESTempe, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Dear static0123........thank you so much for posting your very positive comments regarding your stay with us. You are correct about the upgraded internet. Last week we increased the bandwidth by 2.5 times and we will be doing a further upgrade in December 2011. When that one is completed we'll have the fastest wired and wireless internet around!

And thanks for recognizing Dan, he's one of our best at front desk!

We hope to see you again very soon. Safe travels!

Princeton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stayed at Embassy Suites, Tempe, to meet a group for a hiking trip to the Grand Canyon. The pick-up van did not arrive at the airport so, after a phone call to the hotel, the hotel sent a town car for us - no cost, and many apologies.
The place itself is fine, there is a Denny's across the highway and a Mexican restaurant in the hotel, very pleasant. Nothing else in the area.The complimentary "manager's reception" at 5:30 is generousbut kind of frantic; the breakfast is very nice. A good way-station, we were only there one night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear CarolPrinceton_NJ........I'd like to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. All comments are helpful so thank you. As I have mentioned to other folks who have posted, we will shortly be undergoing a significant renovation to the breakfast / manager's reception area that will greatly enhance the service, flow and overall esthetics. We are in fact moving the breakfast inside the restaurant and building a proper lobby bar for the manager's reception. It will be a fantastic improvement to our hotel.

Thanks again for writing. We hope to see you again at the Embassy Suites Tempe!

Tonawanda NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We have been staying at this hotel for several years on our frequent trips to Tempe. As others have noted, the service and staff are first rate. The breakfast and manager's reception (nightly by the way) are excellent.

Room Tip: First floor rooms facing the pool are very convenient.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
ESTempe, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Dear mcavanaugh.......Thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments. We do have a great, caring team here. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Nice hotel with great welcome reception and morning breakfast. Lots of great food choices and friendly, efficient staff. Tables inside and also outside in pretty courtyard which we enjoyed using. Since the location is AZ, rooms open to an "outside" couryard, thus making parking very convenient to rooms. This is very different from the layout of the high-rise Emb. Suites we have always stayed in. Room was nice but could use some cosmetic touchups to gain a better rating from me. (paint chipping off ceiling vent/rusty fire sprinkler in ceiling in bathroom). Room temperature was easy to adjust and bed was comfortable. Room had a slight damp or smoky smell which was not unbearable but noticeable. Probably would have moved us as they were not crowded, but didn't want the hassle for one night's stay. Very nice living room area with TV, desk, refrig and microwave. Althought we didn't eat there, the hotel had a connecting restaurant/bar which is nice if you do not want to leave the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
ESTempe, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear loverofcats22.......I want to thank you for posting your positive comments here and also thank you for coming and staying with us. I have passed your comments onto our housekeeping and engineering teams for follow-up. And we agree with you that our layout is very appealing and different from most Embassy Suites....our guests love the fact our pool is outside!

I also want to let you know that we are just underway with a $4.0M property improvement plan that will be addressing, among other things, the items you mentioned in your comments.

Thanks again. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

The Embassy Suites is located just off highway 60, halfway between the I-10 and hwy-101. My meetings were 15 miles away; no problem given how fast the highways move, even in rush hour.

My room was meticulously clean and everything looked quite new. The rooms (typical Embassy Suites with a living room and separate bedroom) were in much better condition than the common areas, which still weren't bad. There is a sit-down family restaurant off the lobby, Garcia's, which was better than most hotel restaurants. Large-portion Tex-Mex, but better than chains like Chili's or On the Border. If I lived in Phoenix, I would probably go there once a year or so.

The cooked-to-order breakfast was good and I didn't have to wait for an omelette, even though there were a lot of other travelers in the breakfast area. The omelette lady is fast at this Embassy Suites.

The property is a big sprawling set of various buildings, as a lot of Arizona developments are, but the signage and instructions from the front desk clerk were sufficient to get me to my room. As an HHonors Diamond member, I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: My rental-car GPS said that I needed to take a U-Turn after exiting highway 60, but I didn't, co...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
MJP604.....I want to thank you for posting your very positive and helpful comments here. I'm extremely glad you had a great visit and enjoyed the hotel in so many ways. We hope to see you back here very soon.

Peter Cowley

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Phoenix - Tempe? Share your experiences!