“Surprisingly upscale suburban Thai food.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Logan
“Surprisingly upscale suburban Thai food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

There it is in a strip mall but the food is outstanding. Duck w red curry was perfectly cooked w crispy skin and tender moist meat (tricky for duck) and the curry was rich and spicy and nicely balanced in flavor. Responsive prompt service on a busy Saturday night. Lettuce wraps were flAvorful w delightful sauces.

Phoenix, Arizona
“A happy surprise in Tempe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stumbled across Yupha's because I had an errand in the neighborhood, and am I glad I found it. The decor is very handsome, with a large painting of boats selling vegetables. But it's not so fancy that I felt out of place in shorts and a polo shirt. I felt that the amount and quality of the food for lunch was excellent for the price. There was a Thai teenager at the next table and he said that the food was different than what he ate at home (could be region of Thailand, could be adjustments for American taste).

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mesa, Arizona
“Great Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I've eaten at Yupah's many times. It is a wonderful Thai restaurant in the East Valley of Phoenix. The atmosphere is wonderful. This year I decided to celebrate my birthday dinner there. I called the day before to tell them I was bringing in 10 people. When we arrived, everything was set up. I ordered 2 sampler plates of appetizers which everyone enjoyed. The fried tofu was so good and I'm not a big tofu eater. I ordered the Pink Diamond which is lightly battered salmon fingers with panang curry and peanut sauce. Yummy. I also love the Drunken Noodles and Pad Gra Prow. I have never been disappointed here. All my guests enjoyed their food. The wait staff took excellent care of us.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, Arizona
“My new favorite . . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

. . . for Thai food. I ordered Pad Thai, and unlike the gooey, gravyish version so often served up, Yupah's was light on the oil and strong on flavor. The presentation was unique as well, with a heap of finely chopped peanuts plus a mound of finely sliced cabbage alongside. Great texture, great taste, perfect spiciness (per speciification). The accompanying mini spring roll was also crisp, delicious and nonoily. The experience, along with their veg-friendly menu, will keep me going back.

• Visited June 2012
Wisconsin
“Great Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We met with 2 other couples and shared the Tom kha ghi soup(so yummy) the appetizer sampler and chicken yellow curry and pad Thai in chicken and beef as our main entree. You order in which ever heat you want mild to super hot! Everything wasjust so fabulous! Great flavors and fantastic service! Our desert of coconut ice cream also was very good!

• Visited June 2012