“Great Pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Huntington Beach, California
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Recently, my husband and I ate at Spinato’s in Tempe, AZ. Dining at Spinato’s was the suggestion of the people we met that evening. This being our first visit to Spinato’s, we were not sure what to expect, and I am pleased to report we were very happy with our selection that evening.

First we ordered side salads, consisting of the basic lettuce and tomato. Then we ordered a Traditional Vegetarian pizza, which was excellent. The crust was perfect, not too thick and not too thin, and they covered the pizza with plenty of fresh vegetables.
We sat and talked for several hours and were not pressured to leave. This restaurant location in Tempe, Arizona is conveniently located in a small strip center perpendicular to the Tempe Marketplace. They also have multiple locations throughout the Phoenix area. They are known for their sauce which can be purchased from any AJ’s Marketplace in Arizona.

I highly recommend Spinato’s for great pizza.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Austin
“Fantastic pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I ordered their signature pizza to go, and I wish that I ordered a larger pie! The cheese, sauce, and crust were great, and they use a ton of garlic which I love. One of the best pizzas I've ever had. You can tell that it's good because the location is not in a high traffic shopping center. It's surrounded by an industrial park and has a tricky, crowded parking lot. Despite those factors, this place was still jam packed. That says it all.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mesa, Arizona
“Outstanding pizza and cannoli.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I haven't tried every item here, but I love what I have. The original thin crust is great, and their sauce is the boss! It's homemade like their sausage, and both are slightly sweet. The cannoli are supurb. Sometimes I get a 3-pack on the way home from work to eat with the wife later. My friends swear by the spaghetti-filled calzone, but I haven't tried that carb monster. Don't be fooled by the industrial exterior of the location, the food is delicious, and it has that great family-owned atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
AZ
“Hands down the best pizza in the Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is the original old school Spinato's. My family has been getting take-out from this location (they only recently added seating) since the late 80s/early 90s. Hands down the best pizza in the Valley. Delicious. When my dad comes back to visit, it's theeee one place he always wants to go.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Best pizza crust and sauce by far !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I recently took two pizza's home from Spinato's ! A regular cheese and a chicago which had their real uncased sausage , red peppers and sweet peppers ! Both were so delicious ! If you like a sweet pizza sauce then this is your place ! I also had a antipasto salad with green olives a variety of cheeses and meats plus an awesome Italian dressing with bread included super yummy ! They make the best thin crust as well....This place has never disappointed me !

• Visited May 2012