“#1 Guac + fastest lunch at a traditional, sit down restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 641 Restaurants in Tempe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mill Ave.
Transit: West on 6th Street just west of Mill Avenue.
Description: Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders
phoenix
“#1 Guac + fastest lunch at a traditional, sit down restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have visited ZTjas in Tempe at least about a dozen times for business lunches over the past 12 months. They have efficient valet parking, great patio seating for the non-summer months but what sets them apart is that you can go there for lunch with three or four others and be done in 35 to 45 minutes.

I always order the table side guacamole that the servers make there on the spot with about four or five other ingredients, most times we will have it as a group appetizer and if I am really in the mood I will order myself another one for main course.

They don’t offer fine dining but most of their Tex-Mex food is decent and I like their corn bread. Avoid their mac and cheese at all costs – I once ordered it as an entrée and was sick the rest of the afternoon.

I will likely visit ZTjas again for at least a half a dozen times this year.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great service & food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

While visiting the Phoenix area for a few days we were fortunate to find a menu from Z'tejas in the lobby & decided to give it a try. Our meals were interesting and delicious (red trout, mushroom enchilada and chicken), our waiter was friendly & provided excellent service. We'll be back next year!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Margaritas are a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I love the service here! Be sure to have a few margaritas, but have someone else drive, very strong, but I LOVE them!

Visited January 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Nice Vegan Options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Yummy food, clean restaurant, with healthy fresh food, large menu selection with Vegetarian & even a few Vegan options too. I'm vegan, so this was appreciated. So many great choices, they had something for everyone. Our entire party of 12 gave it a thumbs up!

Visited January 2013
Maricopa, Arizona, United States
“The quality of food is outweighed by the lack of service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

To be fair the food was well above average, and the prices were quite reasonable--my gripe comes from the poor quality of service. What is typically included at similar restaurants (chips and salsa for example) is added to the bill as an extra expense, and the service was slow and lacked authentic interest. Our server, for example, took a drink order for my wife but stated he wouldn't put in the order until I decided what I would drink--water wasn't sufficient? The atmosphere and appearance of the restaurant were nice, but for what you pay (again, not unreasonable but there are much cheaper options with better service) I expect better service.

• Visited January 2013