“Great food, friendly service.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #388 of 627 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
home
“Great food, friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had a night to spend near the airport for early flight the next day. I cook Middle Eastern food myself so I know good from bad and this was good. We had kabobs for that could feed four. Our server was very friendly and helpful. Don't be put off by the outside appearance. Just go in and enjoy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Gilbert, Arizona
“OMG!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This family owned restaurant has 2 locations and I have been to both. One is on the U of A campus at Rural on University and the other is on Basline East of Gilbert Rd in Mesa, AZ. I am so addicted to this place! The house salad has an outstanding salad dressing. I crave it like chocolate! The lunch special is a fresh gyro, fries and a soda for under $6. You can't even get that at a fast food restaurant and this is soooooo good!!!! They put a tahini sauce on it, but I always ask for a side of garlic sauce. It taste so much better that way. My husband and I usually split a grilled chicken breast dinner. That is one big plate full of food! You get a huge scoop of almond rice, a salad and 3-4 chicken breasts seasoned with the best seasoning! Also a stack of pita bread, which I get garlic sauce for. Don't forget the baklava. The best! There is always someone from the family there to greet you, but if not don't worry. The servers and the cook are very hospitable! If you are looking for ambiance, this is not the place. If you are looking for good, no fantastic, mediterranean food with extremely fair prices, then you have found the right place!

• Visited July 2012