“Economical Clean Hotel ---very basic” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Toronto, Canada
“Economical Clean Hotel ---very basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at the hotel on 27th June for one night. We reached there in the evening flying from Canada, very tired....got to the hotel...staff was very friendly...the hotel room was clean...we were tired and we had a great sleep..bedding was clean and comfortable. Washroom was old but clean...They have a microwave just ask the front desk...In the morning we went for breakfast with kids...the breakfast was very very very basic....we are use to wide variety at choice hotel but this one didn't provide it...we even didn't like the waffles for some reason it didn't taste good...I am not sure why but maybe the mixture or syrup...the orange juice machine just had lot of water in it...Another disappointment was the swimming pool which was so dirty..you wouldn't want to swim there...it is just there for show...but if you just need a place to sleep over night I would recommend it for sure...have fun travelling...

Room Tip: Ask for the room away from the highway!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Quality-Inn-ASU, Owner at Quality Inn at ASU-Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

We have improved the breakfast quality by providing more items and the the juice machine is adjusted to dispense the correct combinations.
Your feedback is very important to us, it helps better our services. We hope to see you again soon!
480-774-2500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I've stayed in 3 or 4 other local hotels while visiting my son at ASU. This one was very clean and quiet. I was also impressed with the friendly staff. I could tell that the property was well cared for. Even though the decor was dated, it was so well kept that it didn't matter. I'll definitely use this hotel for my remaining visits to town. The campus and restaurants are within walking distance. After a long day of helping my son move out of the dorms, they were so welcoming and helpful. I'm grateful that I found this place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The building itself is nice, and the rooms are conveniently arranged and pretty modern. The service was friendly, though nothing spectacular. The breakfast was the main disappointment, with limited choice and quality of items compared to other Quality Inns -- improving that would make it worthwhile to stay more than one night.

Room Tip: Walking distance to the Four Peaks Brewery and Restaurant -- a great place! The Ramen place next do...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I just needed a place to crash between a couple of days of seminars so didn't need anything fancy and chose Quality Inn at ASU. As a solo traveler I asked for a 3rd floor room, but got a first floor room, directly next to the desk area where the desk help and guest traffic visited noisily until all hours of the night. Upon entering my room I noticed people talking outside my room could be heard as if they were in the room. I pulled back the drapes to find the window open. I closed and locked it but if I hadn't discovered it, my room was accessible to anyone at anytime during the night. It almost felt like I was being set up. The bed itself was clean but the couch was worn and dirty. I was unable to rest due to the noise and I did not feel at all safe here. Not that I could have used it this trip, but just an fyi, after a long day of meetings if one was planning on using a hot tub you couldn't. There isn't one here. There are many other hotels from which to choose and I will definitely not choose this one again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I and my house cleaning staff sincerely apologize for leaving the room window open. They left it open to air out the room.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Got a room for the family. Staff at front desk were very friendly and were able to recommend places to eat etc. We come to Tempe a lot due to our son being at ASU. Rooms were clean although hotel decor is dated. Also parking is tight and the entry to the parking lot is easily missed if you are not looking closely.
Overall reasonable for a one or two day stay and visit to ASU.

Room Tip: Third floor in the back are probably the quietest, although it is far enough from ASU that noise is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

It was alright, lots of mirrors in the room which could make for an interesting evening haha, clean with two double beds. However it is in Phoenix and the air wasn't on in our room when we checked in so it was HOT but air worked good. No breakfast, will do cash without a card with a deposit. Staff unfriendly...

• Stayed September 2013
Kensmt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I pulled in to this hotel because of the Quality Inn reputation. I did pay Quality Inn prices but got more of a 'hotel with a number in it's name" experience. After waiting to check in while they explained that a room reserved by anoyher guest was not ready at 4:30 in the afternoon. I finally got checked in. My room (206) had a rumpled bed that looked like someone had been laying on it. I was in a hurry to get to a show (reason I was in town) so I let that go. The air conditioner fan in the room squeeked all the time so I shut it off. (didn't get back to the room until midnight and didn't want it fussed with by someone who didn't know what they were doing) The room was not really clean to the standards I expect from a Quality Inn. The carpet is worn and stained, and the bathroom fixtures are so old the chrome is worn off from cleaning. They were cheap low end fixtures. There is paint over run form a poor repaint job. The room had very basic cheap hotel furnishings in general. The bed was so-so and the sheets were well past needing replacement. If you are used to the usual higher end you get from Quality Inn you won't be particulaly pleased with this hotel. I expect 4 star amenities and service from a Quality Inn and this was place was 2 star at best.

Room Tip: room 206 had allot of road noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn at ASU-Airport? Share your experiences!